Gateway Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2013
The teachers DO teach to the OAA and it seems that once testing is complete, teachers check out for the rest of the year. Homework is lax and there's a whole full month of school after OAA testing. Some teachers are better than others but it seems that if you are a teacher in this district, your child gets preferential treatment by getting the better teacher each year. I do like the Fine Arts program the Principal initiated. Too many economically disadvantaged families in this district who don't seem invested in their kids education or discipline . So for those of us in the middle (not a teachers kid and not economically disadvantaged) we get ignored. Too much favoritism for my liking. We tend to fly under the radar and not make waves but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hope my child's experience improves. Too may bullys that are allowed to get away with it.

Gateway Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
The entire curriculum revolves around the Ohio Achievement Assessments. I have 2 kids in this school and 2 more who are at the middle school. Much of their work come directly from the last years test and I have even had lest years test sent home as homework. My children thrived at the primary level, before state testing, and now they are bored and struggling.

Gateway Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2008
My son has been in this school for two years now and he really seems to enjoy it. the teachers and staff are just great there. The PTC is always trying to something nice for the students.

Gateway Elementary School 5

Posted February 29, 2008

Gateway Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2007
My child started 3rd grade this year and loves her teachers. She also likes the poetry activities,and songs they create. I think the transition of coming from Lakeshore Primary to Gateway Elementary is a hard one.

Gateway Elementary School
229 Gateway Av, Conneaut, OH  44030
Last modified Gateway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gateway Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.