Bad
Good

I graduated from Coffman in 2007 and overall had a great experience. My teachers really invested time in creating a friendly learning environment and I always felt welcomed when entering the classroom. They always tried to build a personal and friendly relationship with each student. You could really tell they cared about their students education. The classes were challenging and really forced me to work hard to retain the information, this really helped prepare me for my college courses. The extracurricular activities offered were very extensive and allowed students to be involved. I was involved in athletics as well and had a great experience. There really is not too many negative things I can say about my experience at Coffman.

I have two kids at Coffman and overall I'm impressed with this school. There are so many clubs and organizations that there is something for everyone. Academic expectations, especially in AP, IB, and Honors courses, are high. My kids have had some wonderful, dedicated teachers. My only complaint is the Guidance Office. Guidance counselors are assigned according to the first letter of the student's last name and you are not allowed to change to a different guidance counselor, even if you have one who is not particularly helpful (which has been our experience). My daughter's counselor has made several careless and unprofessional mistakes on college applications and recommendations. This can seriously impact a child's future and should not be taken lightly. Allowing parents to submit reviews on teachers and counselors might be helpful and could improve staff performance.

My daughter graduated Coffman with a high GPA and went on to a top engineering school's undergraduate and then graduate program in advanced engineering and had no problem keeping a very high GPA (4.+) throughout her studies. Coffman High School provided an excellent preparation for a very difficult, respected and a top 5 ranked engineering college. Considering the diversity of students in income, ethnicity, and a large student population this was an outstanding education and realistically is a great school.

One parent wrote about having an introverted child. Yes, there is something wrong. Being shy is one thing, being an introvert who can't talk to people will be a determent to success all of their lives. Many introverted kids are mercilessly criticized at home. No, don't baby them, but don't run them into the ground either. Part of the high school experience is learning socialization skills to carry one through life. My son loves Coffman and isn't a football star or in marching band. There are plenty of activities for kids with different interests. He and his friends enjoy the football games and have plenty of school spirit. The teachers are great. My only complaint is the physical condition of the school. It looks run down, considering the amount of taxes we pay to live here. Dublin just received another levy, please use some of it to upgrade Coffman. Compared to the other two area high schools, its an embarrassment of deferred maintenance.

The word "introvert" is commonly misunderstood. People think it is associated with someone who is shy, lacking social skills, or unpleasant to be around in general. This is not really correct. An introvert is someone who finds strength not from others but from within. They are capable of being happy without others; however, this does not mean they have no friends. They actually require alone time in order to function. Dublin Coffman is an extroverted society, and the students don't understand introverts. Introverts enjoy thinking and analyzing in their own minds, and SOME NOT ALL of them consider social interaction trivial. They are often studious and excellent learners. Dublin parents, don't think your kid is flawed by being an introvert. Know that this is natural, and be proud! He or she will go on to accomplish great things!

I'm not a parent but a student and have to say that the education offered is top notch. Some of the teachers aren't the best and the school could do a better job of listening when a student is having troubles with a teacher, but overall the teachers are fine. The one thing is the students. If you don't dress, walk or act like "everyone else" you will be ignored and shunned by the majority of the students. It's VERY sports and band oriented so if your not into those things well prepare not to have too many friends. There are a lot of clubs and other activities such as theatre but even that feels like a bad cliche at times. If you're not from a wealthy family you'll have troubles as well because you'll be in the minority and a lot of the students are stuck up while not thinking they're stuck up and know nothing of the world.

Large high school with excellent administrators, teachers, and students. Expectations are high. Support is given to those students who find learning difficult. Many different and varied classes and teaching styles. The staff is very professional and skilled. Students are polite, goal oriented, and come from prosperous, goal oriented families.

My son is a freshman at Coffman, and his experience has been great. We were initially concerned about his transition from a small private middle school to a large public high school. He didn't really know anyone AND he is very introverted. His high school experience started by joining marching band which was a great decision. He made friends quickly, not because he was outgoing, but because other band kids befriended and initiated with him. When he was sick some of them brought him brownies and a get well card. They invited him to parties. A senior girl even drove him to school the very first week. I am still amazed by that gesture of kindness. I know this review doesn't mention academics, its too early to comment on that. But a big part of high school experience is social and I give Coffman an A+ in this category.

I've been a student at Coffman for three years. This is a great school if you have lived in Dublin since middle school. As I have talked to many students like myself who have transfered in; its hard to make friends. The students are not very open to new things and are often think that they are entitled to everything. The school, itself, is great because it has so many classes, sports and extra curriculars to offer, but the people are not.

I've been a student at Coffman for the past two years and I have enjoyed my time there. I don't agree that all students are spoiled. My family isn't rich and almost all of my friends have jobs so they don't have to rely on their parents. Sports events bring the students together and we have so many clubs that it's practically impossible to not find a program to be a part of. Also, we have a program called L.I.N.K. where students are assigned a new student to show around the school and hang out with. It's true that some students talk about drugs and alcohol (not everyone) but that can be found in almost every school. We have a program called T.I. that teaches kids to be drug free. One downfall is that there are tons of students (around 1700) but I still think Coffman is a great school :)

Last modified Dublin Coffman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.