McKinley Elementary School 1

Posted July 02, 2013
Yes the Principal was nice & the teachers are nice, but nice doesn't always get the job done. This school is great if you are a stay at home parent and have plenty of disposable time to educate your children at home. If you are a working parent it is very challenging. Both of my children struggled tremendously because "new teaching styles" and I found myself many times re-teaching my children the material in simple strait forward terms. Learning should not be a complicated process. I never had my mother help me with homework as many times as I have had to help both of my kids with their homework. In all I'm very disappointed and I am currently seeking other options.

Posted July 13, 2010
Awesome staff and wonderful parent community combine for high expectations and student success. Proud to have my kid there.

McKinley Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
liked the teachers ,close to home ,meet alot of freinds

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter is a second grade at mckinley and she just loves school, and her teacher is wonderful. My child has allergies and Mrs Sullivan is always looking out for her.

Posted March 17, 2008

Posted March 15, 2008

Posted March 19, 2007
McKinley School is a place where the whole staff cares about the students. Much is done to make sure all students reach their full potential by having high expectations.

McKinley Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2006
My daughters are both in the special education system at different levels and did horribly at this school. The administrative and special education staff will do as little as possible to assist a child and when questioned blames lack of funding and the child for being lazy as the reasons for lack of progress or assistance.

Posted July 22, 2004
I attended McKinley Elementary School years ago and it was fun to see the old school again when I took my son for his first day of first grade. Now that the year is past, I am very pleased with his academic progress. His teacher, Mrs. Petersen, was a wonderful, caring teacher and he enjoyed being in her class. I volunteered at the school when I was able and was able to see first hand what a wonderful principal and staff worked at McKinley. Keep up the good work!

McKinley Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2004
My son is a 4th grader at McKinley Elem. Our local district could not provide the special services he needed but McKinley has not only provided them but has worked through many issues and he is well received by most all staff and students he comes in contact with. Mr. Hall the prinicipal is great with the students. Mrs. Buckdrucker is a wonderful special ed teacher and will be missed greatly as her position is being eliminated this year. My son has had wonderful success at McKinley Elem. and I hate to see the day when he must leave there. I give McKinley Elem. the highest rating of 5 stars. Keep up the great work! -Mary L. in LaGrange

McKinley Elementary School
620 East River St, Elyria, OH  44035
Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKinley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.