Holt Crossing Intermediate School 2

Posted October 01, 2013
I am pulling my son out of this school, asap. He has so much homework, EVERY NIGHT, that he has no time to be a kid. I have spoken to parents of students in other classes that say the same thing. My child is failing because he either rushes through homework just so he doesn't get disciplined for being unable to finish it, thus is unable to do well, OR takes his time and can't complete everything by the deadline. He has been getting disciplined for missing assignments almost daily (because that is such an effective solution @@). Today, after having turned in every assignment, having his book signed and absolutely nothing missing, his teacher STILL punished him, justifying it by saying that my son didn't put enough effort into his work. If I was on the fence at all about this school, today was the straw that broke the camel's back. My son will at least be out of traditional brick and mortar school until he has made it past the sixth grade, solely so he won't come back here.

Holt Crossing Intermediate School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
This will be my child's second year at this school. I have found in the first year that if you want anything done, you as a parent must do it yourself. I definitely agree with a previous comment that mentioned the dress code. The school is definitely uptight when it comes to tank tops. They are kids, and it's 100 degrees in their building. Cut them some slack. Also, the teachers and principle are not quick to bring it to a parent's attention when a child is struggling in a class/classes. They would prefer to wait for the end of the school year, and then call you in to the office to try and set up an intervention learning program. Why don't they focus more on the children's education and try early intervention? Instead, they would like to wait until the year is almost up so the school board does not have to know that they are not teaching the students.

Holt Crossing Intermediate School 3

Posted January 18, 2012
Have had problems with bullying at this school, the principal is distant at best when it comes to being hands on with the children. I feel she lacks what is needed to be effective as an authority figure. She yells at the students alot, and she doesn't seem to address the issues effectively. On the other hand my daughter has awesome teachers, Ms. Sarnacki and Mr. Buty, she adores them. She has improved in all of her classes this year, and I have no doubt her teachers are responsible.

Holt Crossing Intermediate School 3

Posted June 13, 2010
I also agree with one writer on here, bully problems are ignored or brushed off like they are no big deal, I was seriously disappointed with the principal and her actions regarding bullies. If your child is bullied the best advice would be to remove your child from the school. The school is very clean and well maintained, some of the teachers are great here as well. The art program is terrible. The child drop off area is dangerous.

Holt Crossing Intermediate School 0

Posted June 11, 2009
this school is not a nice school. i think that as a student that gets honor roll everytime in a grading period that they don't focus that well on the students who are falling behind in their classes. the best thing about my school was my teacher, Mrs.Hedrick. she is a very nice teacher, she will give you chances to correct your problem, and is the best math teacher, also is very patient with her students. the school focuses so much on there dress code.

Posted April 17, 2008

Posted August 17, 2007

Holt Crossing Intermediate School 4

Posted August 11, 2006
The leadership of holt crossing is great.Nice teachers,staff.As a student at holt crossing i can say There are no problems with the school!!

Posted August 08, 2006
- a former student

Posted March 27, 2006
My daughter came to Holt Crossing after being Home-schooled. She has had an excellent year, and loves it so much. We have not had one problem with her class, and the only concern I can think of is the drop off area in front of the school... cones are put up to keep cars from going by the front doors, but they go around them. So most children get dropped off in the parking lot, and cross the part with cones, and cars are coming thru this area by the door, and could potentially get hit. Maybe more cones would help that would completely block driveway by the front doors. As far as the dress code, I don't think it is a problem.

Holt Crossing Intermediate School
2706 Holt Rd, Grove City, OH  43123
Last modified Holt Crossing Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holt Crossing Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.