Monclova Christian Academy 4

Posted May 26, 2014
Great school. It's small, and you know everyone in the school. The tachers are nice and caring. They really helped me with my relationship with God. When I was there, they had a band and choir, art, volleyball, basketball, track, and baseball. If you are looking for a school in the Toledo area then you should come here.

Posted November 08, 2012
I am a graduate of Monclova Christian Academy. Since graduating, I've earned a master's degree from Bowling Green State University. I would certainly recommend the school. The school is academically strong, possesses kind staff, and has a very, Biblical focus. MCA continues to be safe-haven for many students. I remember class mates that came from public schools saying, "I can't believe it, everyone is so nice." It's very close-nit school. Everyone is treated with respect. For parents, you don't have to worry about your child being picked-on, harassed, or mistreated by others.

Posted June 05, 2012
I am both a teacher and parent of students at Monclova Christian Academy. Thank you for the kind and encouraging comments that were written about our school. I would like to address the comment I read, dated March 4, 2011. I am truly sorry for your experience at MCA; it is not our desire to see anyone leave dissatisfied with our school. And although you are certainly allowed to have your own opinion, I need to make a couple of corrections regarding your comments. Monclova Christian Academy is a non-public charter school. Therefore every teacher has to have a state certificate, proving that he/she has graduated from an approved school. All of our teachers, with one exception, graduated with a teaching degree. Concerning the preparation for college: we are required to be academically sound, and to teach the Academic Standards set by the government. We do not compromise our Biblical standards, but each student has the opportunity to graduate ready for the rigors of college. Not all students choose to participate in that opportunity. We offer both advanced placement and post-secondary classes. My children always felt loved by the teachers, and are making A's in college.

Posted April 04, 2012
My oldest child has attended MCA for 3 years and our 2nd will start next year. We could NOT be happier with this school for many reasons. We have known many of the teachers since before this school was formed in '99. They have been a great example of a believer in Christ and love our children. They allow students who excel in certain subjects to attend the grade level that will challenge them. Also, they hold the students to the standards that we teach our children at home. As long as MCA holds to the standards that the school was built on, we will continue to send our children there.

Posted March 28, 2011
I graduated from MCA in 2000, the first senior to earn a diploma from the school. I was more than ready for college after graduation. I took a few classes at a local community college, with classes in advanced composition, and some third semester classes in my freshman year. It was my choice to eventually opt out of school for a stint in the Air Force. I think I have done well for myself and my family, and in part, due to the caring and experienced staff. I am willing to sit down and discuss this with anyone who believes the opposite. Are there kids who are going to ruin the experience of others? Absolutely, but you find this in public scools as well. Here, the staff try to catch the problem before it escalates and prevent further incidents. Also, there are a large number of alumni who do, or are willing to enroll their children here. I have a child in kindergarten, and another in the preschool. I would rather have my children here than any other school in the area.

Monclova Christian Academy 1

Posted March 04, 2011
This school is terrible. I went here for a few years. The teachers are just, not qualified to be one. A lot of them don't have a teaching permit. None of them prepare you for college. They care about the stupid uniform more than they do the 'education'. Aside from the uniforms, the students here are basically like normal high school kids. Cursing, sex, drinking, smoking, etc etc. I strongly don't recommend this school at all. Look into TCS or other great schools around here.

Posted August 23, 2010
Our grandson has attended MCA his entire school life, and I highly recommend it. Are the teachers perfect? No - they are flawed humans like the rest of us; but the teachers at MCA are truly dedicated to their profession and their faith, and take a keen interest in the academic and spiritual growth of each kid that attends. The sports programs teach life lessons beyond skill sets. The true mark of a quality education is how the graduating Seniors fare in college. Those from MCA do extremely well, whether they go on to a secular college like UT or BGSU etc. or a private Christian college. This school is NOT for everyone, and their goal is not to help "reform" a recalcitrant child.

Monclova Christian Academy 0

Posted December 22, 2009
Our student had an awful experience in this school. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted November 05, 2009

Posted March 28, 2009
In response to the January 28th post, I checked into the teaching experience of the teachers at Monclova Christian Academy. What I found out was completely the opposite. The high school math teacher has been teaching for 20 years; the English teacher, 15 years; the Science teacher 10 years. The school is only in its 10 year, but it is growing and developing. I attended their Kindergarten - High School Science Fair Expo. It was impressive. For myself, I think the school is well worth looking into.

Monclova Christian Academy
7819 Monclova Road, Monclova, OH  43542
Last modified Monclova Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Monclova Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.