Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 30, 2015
I went to Hannah Ashton myself in middle school, and it was really the only school that I ever really felt safe at during my time in the public school system. Before, I was bullied to no end and the other schools did little to nothing to stop it. But when I started middle school, I had the best support system at school. If a teacher noticed that i was being bullied he/she made an IMMEDIATE effort to put a stop to it and discipline the student then and there. The schools I had been to before had always made an excuse that they knew nothing about the nastiness of the other kids. Hannah Ashton had NO such excuse, and the teachers really paid close attention to those of us who had more problems than the others. Being autistic, my mind does not always see things the same as the other kids who are not autistic. This caused severe bullying throughout much of my childhood, and finally at the end of 4th grade I was on the verge of suicide. My father was also at his wits end as well and was considering taking me out of public schools entirely if things got any worse. He convinced me to go to Hannah Ashton for 1 month, and then we would decide if I would leave public schools altogether. I did have a few students decide they were going to test me, but every time they tried a teacher would step in and stop the nastiness before it could get out of hand. I think my teachers had to call my father 1 time, after I was physically attacked by a group of girls, who were all expelled, and they even called the police. I don't remember now if my father pressed charges against them, but I do remember that every single one of them was expelled on the spot. Other than that I had very few problems at Hannah Ashton. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to any parent, even for children with autism. The teachers took special care with me, due to my fragile mental state. They are willing to work with kids and parents to ensure the safety of all of their students. I could not have asked for a better middle school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 30, 2015
I wish I could remember the principal's name but I can't. I really want to thank all the staff and the teachers, but especially the principal. He ALWAYS enforced their no tolerance policy for bullying, and was especially kind to me since he knew my past experiences with the public school system. I can honestly say that I owe him my life.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 30, 2015
The teachers I had were amazing and would always be looking for something to improve on.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 30, 2015
I think that some subjects need more homework to be sure that the students are getting what they need out of it. I know I personally always had trouble with math, and all I had to do was ask for more homework. My teachers wanted to be sure I was learning the material and were always willing to make extra copies for me

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 30, 2015
Hannah Ashton tries to teach the students that EVERYONE has problems. No one is perfect, and they should not be forced to try to pretend that they are. If a student has an issue, they can go to any teacher and that teacher will work with that student and anyone else involved to fix the problem before it really gets out of hand. If that means expelling another student so be it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 30, 2015
Honesty is very important to this school. If a student is caught in a lie they are disciplined for lying. Some schools I have noticed seem like they don't put an emphasis on honesty.

Posted September 10, 2013
Love the school, a few students still have bullying issues, but is on the rise everywhere.

Posted August 12, 2012
I"m a student at Hannah Ashton and I have went to 4 different schools and Hannah is the best one.

Posted December 09, 2009
My child is in her 2nd year at HAMS and I went nearly 25 yrs ago--We both love this school. Thank you to all the teachers and the principal for making this School an A+

Posted May 07, 2009
I love hams its the best school i have beento since pre k the teachers really care and are involved in my education so if you live in reynoldsburg and are looking for a great middle school i sugjest hams hannah ashton middle school

1482 Jackson St, Reynoldsburg, OH  43068
Last modified Hannah J Ashton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.