Posted December 09, 2013
I do not even know where to begin there have been so many problems. Please take it from a parent that has gave this so called school every chance in the world. DO NOT USE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted April 25, 2013
My grandson started here 5 years ago and with the help and guidance of teachers who really cared about his learning rather than just passing standard tests; without the interruptions and myriad distractions of a regular classroom, he went from a child who was failing academically to one who made the Honor Role. There are no missed days for Teacher Meetings, or snow days; no interruptions in the lesson from unruly students, no PA announcements, lock-downs, drills, or other distractions. The whole learning experience has been great. Any concerns are quickly addressed with prompt feedback. An added plus is the Learning Center, a large classroom space that is located in COSI that is open three days a week with great teachers that tutor, and other students, from various grades, to socialize with and learn alongside. There are regular hands-on science classes at COSI and field trips to various business, government and fun-while-learning activities, and we have Math, Health, and Literacy Nights where authors, health professionals and Math teachers come and share with students and their families. All-in-all, we are pleased with the school and highly recommend it. A grateful Grandparent

Posted July 17, 2012
I would not recommend anyone to use this virtual school. Ever since my daughter has started its been nothing but complications and problems. I have tried to contact principles and administrators but I always have to leave a message and they never called me back. The teachers dont care at all about the students actually achieving anything and the principle has never contacted me after I left multiple messages asking for them too. DO NOT sign up for this school. I have wasted money on this school and have been left with multiple unanswered questions.

Posted July 07, 2012
I believe this is a great school. My kids got more help from this school than any others we have tried. Compared to "ohva/k12" VCS is much better. The teachers bend over backwards to see there students succeed. This was our first year, and the only complaint I had was there is too much emphasis on the state mandated tests, but all of the public schools are like this. Our teachers had alot of resources for studying. All in all we thought this school was great.

Posted May 17, 2012
I love VCS. As we are transitioning away from Homeschooling, VCS is an excellent way to go. So flexible for my high schooler and the communication between parent/teacher is excellent. Also, their learning center is the best. Can't say enough good about VCS!

Posted March 27, 2012
There is such an egregious lack of communication both within the school and with the parents that I cannot even fathom how they continue to operated. There are many good e-schools. This is not one of them.

Posted February 13, 2012
Terrible experience! My children have been enrolled now for their second year at VCS. The curriculm has NOT improved (as promised) the teachers have not 'engaged' the students. The staff does not care about anything other than test scores. As a parent that sits at home with my children and saw VCS as a great way to get around the state testing --not my responsibility to pay for the test etc- I have virtually allowed my childrens education to suffer! We traditionally homeschool all summer due to the push to get through the mass amount of homework that the children do. This is not a quality education and the principals do not care. The children WILL NOT be enrolled next year. We will go back to traditional homeschooling. The cat will do a better job. What a terrible school.

Posted March 02, 2011
Horrible. I used K12 in Middle School, but I eventually went back to public school once high school started. But since I decided to leave my public school late and wanted to go back to homeschooling after 2 years away, they weren't accepting enrollments! VCS has the most outdated website I've seen. They are not interactive, which makes it HORRIBLE if you are doing a Spanish class. You need to learn how to pronounce the words. The classes are too easy, and not very challenging. The Current Events class has nothing to do with Current Events. I had many quizzes that were very irrelevant subjects, two questions being about a Groundhog! Very pointless. Most of the teachers can't spell. I actually had to call the school to make sure I was in the right place. I thought they all had Dyslexia! If you have to settle, go to VCS. But other than that, use K12. K12 had interactive flash assignments, a fast and MODERN computer, I can say this, thouh. The VCS teachers actually do email you back. They just aren't very good teachers. Sad there's no way for VCS students to interact as well. I literally made no friend from this program. I am so glad that I still kept my public shool friends.

Posted March 05, 2010
My son has been attending VCS for almost 4 1/2 months now. He has earned more credits and is actually enjoying learning online. I love the teachers and it's very easy to keep up with his progress,and the teachers let you know very quickly when something is wrong. The technical support is incredible never had to wait for help,they're right on it and they do it right. I'd highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 22, 2009
I am currently a Senior at VCS ohio and I have been here for about 2 1/2 years and the education is great. I came from a private school and classes at VCS are just as challenging as they were at my other school. I am so glad my parents chose VCS for me to finish out my high school years.

Virtual Community School Of Ohio
340 Waggoner Road, Reynoldsburg, OH  43068
Last modified Virtual Community School Of Ohio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virtual Community School Of Ohio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 318 reviews.