Public charter
Reynoldsburg, OH
After care: No

Posted February 02, 2015
This school has been undergoing phenomenal changes over the last 18 mos. Leaving a for-profit management company was an enormous challenge in terms of rebuilding critical operational processes, but VCS did it with skill and forethought as to what would serve its students the best. They were recently rated the top-performing Kindergarten-12th grade online school in Ohio by the Ohio Charter School Accountability Project. I have only been with the school 6 mos, but they have built a culture that rewards innovation and embraces change when it is the right thing to do for their students. Very proud to work here!

Posted February 02, 2015
Three years ago I took my daughter with special needs out of the public school system because she wasn't getting the help that she needed. With Virtually Community School she has received that help and then some. It is so amazing to me that an on-line school can go above and beyond and give my daughter so much more than she got in an actual "in person" classroom. Her teacher is amazing and has encouraged her to do things we never thought she could do. I don't know where my daughter would be today if it weren't for VCS!

Posted January 31, 2015
I have been a teacher at VCS for almost 3 years. Previously, I was employed at one of the big online schools but decided to leave because I didn't feel I could give my students the attention they needed. I found a wonderful home at VCS. We are a family here. The teachers truly care about students and focus on building relationships. Our curriculum is rigorous and interventions are available to all students to help master skills.

Posted December 09, 2013
I do not even know where to begin there have been so many problems. Please take it from a parent that has gave this so called school every chance in the world. DO NOT USE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted April 25, 2013
My grandson started here 5 years ago and with the help and guidance of teachers who really cared about his learning rather than just passing standard tests; without the interruptions and myriad distractions of a regular classroom, he went from a child who was failing academically to one who made the Honor Role. There are no missed days for Teacher Meetings, or snow days; no interruptions in the lesson from unruly students, no PA announcements, lock-downs, drills, or other distractions. The whole learning experience has been great. Any concerns are quickly addressed with prompt feedback. An added plus is the Learning Center, a large classroom space that is located in COSI that is open three days a week with great teachers that tutor, and other students, from various grades, to socialize with and learn alongside. There are regular hands-on science classes at COSI and field trips to various business, government and fun-while-learning activities, and we have Math, Health, and Literacy Nights where authors, health professionals and Math teachers come and share with students and their families. All-in-all, we are pleased with the school and highly recommend it. A grateful Grandparent

Posted July 17, 2012
I would not recommend anyone to use this virtual school. Ever since my daughter has started its been nothing but complications and problems. I have tried to contact principles and administrators but I always have to leave a message and they never called me back. The teachers dont care at all about the students actually achieving anything and the principle has never contacted me after I left multiple messages asking for them too. DO NOT sign up for this school. I have wasted money on this school and have been left with multiple unanswered questions.

Posted July 07, 2012
I believe this is a great school. My kids got more help from this school than any others we have tried. Compared to "ohva/k12" VCS is much better. The teachers bend over backwards to see there students succeed. This was our first year, and the only complaint I had was there is too much emphasis on the state mandated tests, but all of the public schools are like this. Our teachers had alot of resources for studying. All in all we thought this school was great.

Posted May 17, 2012
I love VCS. As we are transitioning away from Homeschooling, VCS is an excellent way to go. So flexible for my high schooler and the communication between parent/teacher is excellent. Also, their learning center is the best. Can't say enough good about VCS!

Posted March 27, 2012
There is such an egregious lack of communication both within the school and with the parents that I cannot even fathom how they continue to operated. There are many good e-schools. This is not one of them.

Posted February 13, 2012
Terrible experience! My children have been enrolled now for their second year at VCS. The curriculm has NOT improved (as promised) the teachers have not 'engaged' the students. The staff does not care about anything other than test scores. As a parent that sits at home with my children and saw VCS as a great way to get around the state testing --not my responsibility to pay for the test etc- I have virtually allowed my childrens education to suffer! We traditionally homeschool all summer due to the push to get through the mass amount of homework that the children do. This is not a quality education and the principals do not care. The children WILL NOT be enrolled next year. We will go back to traditional homeschooling. The cat will do a better job. What a terrible school.

Virtual Community School Of Ohio
340 Waggoner Road, Reynoldsburg, OH  43068
Last modified Virtual Community School Of Ohio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virtual Community School Of Ohio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 321 reviews. Top