Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some are good some are sickening to watch teach and they make kids feel as though they are stupid and teach in a way that diminishes there self esteem and i am a parent that watched more than 30 sessions with my child’s intervention specialist and watched her physical reactions and seen the tears fall from her eyes and observed her self esteem after these sessions that seemed like they were designed to make her feel she was incapable of learning sessions that seemed drawn out and focused to much on what she already knew

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The subject of history leaves out key figures of history and i have to step in and tell them things that is being left out which shows my student its okay to lie and sugar coat the truth which is wrong

Great school! Each course is taught by a state-certified teacher there to help the students succeed!

I love the personal attention each student is given at Virtual Community School of Ohio!! As a teacher at VCS, I feel truly blessed to work with such an amazing group of students, parents, and teachers!!

Excellent teachers, great administration, and a top-notch curriculum. VCS puts STUDENTS and their families FIRST... above all else!!! I can not say enough positive things about VCS Ohio, and think they are the BEST public online charter school in Ohio! I would highly recommend VCS Ohio to anyone looking for great online K-12 education!!!!

VCS has excellent teachers who are on top of things and always get right back to you. i have spoke with both principals a few times and they always willingly answer any questions. They also have helped immediately with any issues we've had and that has only been one. This has by far been the best online school we've been in. The teachers are so nice and communicate well with myself and my kids. We've only had a few tech issues and the help desk has been great at getting them resolved.

I thought that this school would be better for my daughter that has an IEP since other online school have to many students to Teachers even though there is few students they eliminated some teachers that are intervention specialists the 1st couple months she was enrolled and now its been along time since she has working with one i can feel accountability will be pushed on my child the help desk doesnt log thing properly so be carefull i felt uncomfortable with the attention that my daughter had on face book and they assured me it would be taken off of her computer in 24 hours and they deny i made any calls to them i wouldnt recommend this school and when speak with higher staff about problems they are rude when theyask you what problems you have and interrupt they dont let you finish answering questions they ask you this school doesnt take accountability for there mistakes and instead of fixing problems they tell you to enroll your children somewhere else. i wouldnt recommend this school

This school has been undergoing phenomenal changes over the last 18 mos. Leaving a for-profit management company was an enormous challenge in terms of rebuilding critical operational processes, but VCS did it with skill and forethought as to what would serve its students the best. They were recently rated the top-performing Kindergarten-12th grade online school in Ohio by the Ohio Charter School Accountability Project. I have only been with the school 6 mos, but they have built a culture that rewards innovation and embraces change when it is the right thing to do for their students. Very proud to work here!

Three years ago I took my daughter with special needs out of the public school system because she wasn't getting the help that she needed. With Virtually Community School she has received that help and then some. It is so amazing to me that an on-line school can go above and beyond and give my daughter so much more than she got in an actual "in person" classroom. Her teacher is amazing and has encouraged her to do things we never thought she could do. I don't know where my daughter would be today if it weren't for VCS!

I have been a teacher at VCS for almost 3 years. Previously, I was employed at one of the big online schools but decided to leave because I didn't feel I could give my students the attention they needed. I found a wonderful home at VCS. We are a family here. The teachers truly care about students and focus on building relationships. Our curriculum is rigorous and interventions are available to all students to help master skills.

Last modified Virtual Community School Of Ohio is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.