Rocky River, OH

Posted August 15, 2013
Lutheran High School West was an outstanding experience for my son. He not only had the opportunity to make life long friends, he also was given the opportunity to forge a life long bond with Jesus Christ, something I consider to be vital. His education was top shelf, and LW prepared him for a very bright future! He graduated with fantastic grades from Baldwin-Wallace University, and is now starting Dental School. In today's turbulent times, Lutheran West kept him centered, grounded, with an unshakable knowledge of right and wrong. Cannot name names here, but there were also certain teachers who were more than teachers. They were mentors and role models. In my opinion, Lutheran West isn't simply a choice for high school....it is a MUST!

Posted October 10, 2012
Sending our son to Lutheran High School West was a fantastic experience for all of us. Not only did he receive a high-quality education, the values instilled at the school mirrored our own Christian beliefs. The teachers taught more than the required curriculum. My son also received instruction on how to be a godly Christian man, how to share his faith, how to be a servant to others, and what it means to honor God in marriage and family. These teachers "practice what they preach." They are wonderful godly examples and honor Christ in their daily lives. I can't say enough about this school. I believe our son is a better man for having attended.

Posted January 29, 2012
Lutheran West gave me a high school experience that would not have been possible anywhere else. While attending West I was able to explore my interests of history and biology with exceptional teachers who were experts in their fields. My biology teacher actually found, and helped me secure, a fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. Not only did I get to work on research with the Clinic s world renowned heart center, but I also made money to help pay my tuition. Besides academics, West has many opportunities for students to explore their passions. I enjoyed four years in band as well as choir, drama, and academic challenge. Lutheran West teachers helped me found German and Speech clubs. We also founded the E.P.I.C. service club which donated $4000 to, and logged 2000 hours for, charities in Cleveland. Lutheran West teachers go above and beyond to help their students. When I struggled in AP Calculus, my teacher met with me before school to provide individual tutoring and help me master the material. Teachers lead exciting field trips, such as the art museum, and plan interesting activities, such as cadaver dissection. West is an exceptional school I would recommend to anyone.

Posted January 28, 2012
Lutheran West is an excellent Christ-centered learning environment. My daughter is a freshman this year and loves the school. She is excited and enjoys school daily. There is a diverse mix of children from all walks of life who accept each other for who they are. My daughter knew that she wanted to go here ever since she was in 5th grade. We fell in love with the scholl and the atmosphere whenever we went for an event. I love the small class size as well as the teacher involvement in the children's learning. They care about them and encourage them to work to their full potential. The staff is always so friendly and helpful. They have a strong academic program with much to choose from. The children can grow and expand thier horizons. There is also many activities and sports to be involved in. I am blessed to have my daughter attend here as she has an awesome opportunity for her future. I look forward to sending my other daughter here as well. I highly reccommend Lutheran West!

Posted November 01, 2011
Lutheran West has been an excellent environment for me during my high school career. The opportunities they've provided me with and the knowledge I've gained have been a real blessing. The teachers are very encouraging and strive to have everyone succeed, and the other students become like family. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for top academics and people who genuinely care about each other.

Posted October 31, 2011
Lutheran West has been the best high school I could ask for. It's an encouraging environment spiritually, academically, and socially. The teachers push you to strive for your best both in your classes and in your lifestyle. It's a place where you can feel comfortable and encouraged to grow, but still not feel pressured just because it is a Lutheran school. Beginning my senior year this year, I've definitely seen many rewards from going to this school, including the challenges, the relationships, and the development I've experienced.

Lutheran High West 4

Posted October 20, 2011
Lutheran High School West provides a great education in a Christ-centered atmosphere. The teachers and faculty are excellent, always looking to help students and provide any 1-on-1 sessions that students may need. Teachers even come in early to work around a students busy schedule of extra-curricular activities to help the student in any way possible. Lutheran West is also Christ-centered, always looking to help students grow and become stronger in the faith. Lutheran West has a wide variety of classes and courses to take, from college level math courses to "Sewing for the Home." The guidance counselors are always willing to change your schedule and to help you select the best classes that will help you prepare for your future. There are many extra-curricular activities for students to get involved in, such as sports, drama, or a wide variety of clubs, like ski club or German club. Lutheran High School West is a great school for students looking for a great educational experience and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities in a Christ-centered environment.

Posted August 31, 2011
It s all there at Lutheran West: 1. A Christ-centered caring environment 2. Dedicated faculty, administration, and support staff who provide positive role models for the students 3. Challenging academics that include honors and advanced placement classes 4. Many opportunities for participation in music, drama, and art 5. A strong athletic program 6. It is small enough so no one is anonymous but large enough to offer lots of opportunity. I highly recommend Lutheran West.

Posted August 01, 2011
Lutheran West High School is a refreshing mix of excellent academics in a warm, spirit filled environment. The caring, accepting atmosphere starts with the top administration and works it's way down through the teaching staff and ultimately settles on each student. The students here accept each other for not only who they are today, but also who they'd like to become. This genuine inclusive attitude allows each student to explore new talents and discover new interests in a safe environment. Their spiritual growth is encouraged and nurtured every day as modeled by the whole faculty. It would be any students privilege to attend Lutheran West and worth the sacrifice each parent must make to provide that opportunity. Bitsy Cash

Posted July 26, 2011
Simply the best high school. Every child should have the opportunity to interact with this wonderful faculty. Great academics and a warm spiritual environment. Find a way to send your child to this school!

Lutheran High West