Posted March 16, 2011
We have had the most fabulous experience at this school. Every year, I wonder how it can get better - and then it does! In addition to strong core subjects, lots of great "specials" like art, music, gym, and field trips, our kids are now learning Mandarin Chinese from a native speaker. The Shaker schools are also embracing the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which is very progressive. The absolute best part of the school, though, is the teachers and other staff. They become like family and truly care about helping every child succeed.

Posted September 18, 2009
We have the greatest teachers in the world who really care about the students and teach to their needs, not the test. I've always said it's like my kids have been taught by their aunts. They really do become family. They go above and beyond the classroom. They treat the kids as if they were their own. They are not only in tune with the kids academically, but emotionally also. I absolutely loooooooove Lomond!

Posted September 17, 2009
This school is a model of a well integrated school. The campus is lovely with a flower garden and a great hill for riding sleds.

Posted September 17, 2009
Lomond has an unbelievable school spirit! Everyone who's heard of Lomond always tells me "I've heard Lomond is great"! And it's true. Lomond has some of the most dedicated and loyal teachers and staff...not to mention, great parents! When you look around Lomond, you see such vibrancy and school pride! Artwork all over the walls, a TV monitor showing the day-to-day activities going on in the school, and a beautiful mural (with an international theme) as you enter the school displaying our pride in the international community of families that attend our school. It's an atmosphere where everyone feels welcome, and the students thrive and are happy. And the academics are extraordinary! And our PTO, one of the best! I am blessed to have had all three of my children go through a school, which by the way, I also went to as a child! Lomond is the best!

Posted September 17, 2009
My kids loved this school and so did I! Their caring, loving teachers motivate the kids and lay that excellent foundation we all want for our children. I wish my kids didn't have to grow up and leave Lomond!

Posted September 17, 2009
This elementary school is the most responsive, successful, positive learning environment anywhere. The children are loved, learn and feel great about themselves: everything a school should be.

Posted September 17, 2009
Our children received an excellent elementary education at this school. The teachers were superb and the programs strong.

Posted September 17, 2009
My kids love Lomond. The teachers are top notch and provide excellant instruction in all academic areas. The parents and students are great. Lomond serves as the heart of our community.

Posted September 16, 2009
I have never seen a more enthusiastic, energetic bunch of teachers and administrators. Everyone is open to new ideas and loves their job and loves the kids, everyone will go the extra mile or three to make sure that the children have a great educational experience.

Posted September 16, 2009
My two kids have graduated from Lomond - and loved every minute of their time there. The teachers and staff are caring and supportive and give our kids a great start on the pathway of lifetime education

Lomond Elementary School
17917 Lomond Blvd, Shaker Heights, OH  44122
Last modified Lomond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lomond Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.