Toledo, OH
Students enrolled: 2,250

Posted May 15, 2015
Lots of different classes, many extracurricular activities and many ways to earn college credit through high school courses. I look forward to my children attending Whitmer as I did when I was a high school student.

Posted February 12, 2014
Okay here's the deal. I am a Junior at Whitmer, and I have enjoyed every year I've had in attendance (all three). I've gone to both Maumee and Washington Junior Highs (Washington local) and I've found that here, in this district, the socially diversity is so much more extensive than any other district I've been to. There is literally a place for every one to fit in and not be left out. Teachers treat you like young adults (as long as you act like one) and I've personally found that even in classes I'm uninterested in, I've become good friend's with the teachers, they enjoy what they do. In my freshman year, I found myself just going through the motions of high school without much involvement rather than education (don't do sports or extracurriculars) that is until joining welding sophomore year where I found my family that I had wanted all along. Saying that Whitmer is focused on athletics is absurd. We are so much more. We don't only rise in the fall, we are welders, automotive and computer technicians, we are culinary scholars and economically aware, college prepared, spirit proud, maize & blue sporting students, friends, family, club members and industrialists. We are Whitmer.

Whitmer High School 3

Posted August 01, 2012
I can honestly say that I feel the school is more focused on their sports compared to the education. I feel the main problems students have at this school is the dress code. Also I feel that racism and bullying are a big problem in this school, even though it is strictly prohibited.

Whitmer High School 4

Posted September 03, 2010
I am very glad to meet a new! leader in the school. Taken the way kids present themselves is a plus! If children and parents just realize how important this could be and a god move to the way Toledo could look even better in time to come. Now in Texas when they do lock-downs they actually open lockers and do intense investigations, here they need to do the same. When they did there they confiscated 16 hand guns and from that point on they continue to be a more safe school. We need to support this and with a new! man running the school this could be a move in the right direction. If you're not sure contact L.D Bell High/ and Trinity High in Hurst,Euless,Bdford School district. They will inlighten you all. Our son went there and we all need to be alert at all times. Speek out. Thanks.

Posted September 16, 2009
Whitmer is a fantastic school in so many areas - academic and sports, as well as musical programs!

Posted September 24, 2008
I feel very fortunate to have my son in Washington Local S.D. My son is a freshman at Whitmer and is also special needs and so far the faculty and staff have been nothing but supportive and are very eager to work with me to ensure his success. Overall I'm impressed with the level of comittment on the part of this school district to the needs of every child. It has not always been smooth sailing for my son but any problems I've had have alway's been able to be worked through. BTW, Ohio just bumped up Washington Local S.D.'s rating from 'effective' to 'EXCELLENT'. GO PANTHERS! I give Whitmer H.S. 4 stars! Stephen MacEachern, parent

Posted May 28, 2008
As a former student of Whitmer H.S. I enjoyed every day of school. Whitmer is top of the line in academics & athletics's. The extra curricular activities are outstanding. The disgruntled poster that stated she was a single parent more then likly had not been involved in the system enough to help her children.There teachers,coaches,and counslers are the best in the state of ohio ! The Toledo City Newspaper rated Toledo Whitmer in 2007, The BEST H.S. in the city of Toledo. Go Whitmer And GO Panthers !

Posted March 03, 2008
I would say that whitmer is a very good school of course it has its problems but some teachers at whitmer acually push their students. Whitmer is a very clean and strict school. One of the things i didn't like about whitmer was that it was so big and had too many students and their was some racism

Whitmer High School 2

Posted October 16, 2007
Unable to get the help that the child needs if that child needs help. If your child is not an academic butterfly they can't succeed in WLS the teachers don't care about the kids just their reps.

Whitmer High School 2

Posted August 18, 2007
I was ignored by my councilor. Most of them except one, actually don't listen to students much due to having many students to talk to. So Whitmer is not really helping me at all right now.

5601 Clegg Dr, Toledo, OH  43613
Last modified Whitmer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitmer High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top