Upper Arlington, OH

Posted June 03, 2014
Overall, the teaching and guidance is excellent. A question comes up for us about how challenging the curriculum is, since our child moved from a private school where that child struggled to keep up. At Jones, the child excelled. It may have just been a good fit, but it left us wondering, nonetheless. Several of the teachers have been truly outstanding. There is no diversity at the school - if this is a value for you, then this is not your school. On the other hand, all the families have high expectations, and offer great support. Overall, very good experience.

Posted August 26, 2008

Jones Middle School 0

Posted July 10, 2008
This school falls short in both gifted and LD services. Parental involvement is terrific. There is not a great deal of diversity.

Posted March 07, 2008
My son is attending Jones and I just love this school. The parents are very involved. I talk to Moms who visit the lunchroom and I just think that parents make a lot of effort to develop acquaintances with their students friends and parents. Also, I believe the curriculum challenges the kids and helps them strive for discipline and diligence in their study habits.

Jones Middle School 0

Posted July 24, 2007
My oldest daughter finally graduated from Jones this year and what a huge relief that is. We found the past 3 years to be very stressful and difficult. Most of the teachers and her guidence couselor were very uncooperative when it came to helping our daughter with her special needs. They were not working parent friendly, either. Now, unfortunately, our youngest daughter is facing 3 years at Jones...we are expecting and preparing for the worst.

Jones Middle School 2

Posted September 09, 2006
I agree with first review. 2 of my children had awesome experiences at Jones; however, my special needs child in fall of 2005 DID NOT have a great experience. New teachers have replaced experienced teachers and spec. needs children do not receive necessary support in reg. ed classes with the new teachers. I found Sharon Jones, Guidance, to be excellent! Parents that volunteer in the building also 'talk' about spec. needs children in the community making it even more difficult for the children and their parents. I would suggest Hastings if you have a spec. needs child. I am also aware that an AU unit is in place for the 2006-2007 yr at one of the elementary schools. Tremont is also an excellent school as the principal is child in tune with spec. needs children. Make sure you KNOW your child's IEP when looking at schools in UA.

Jones Middle School 3

Posted April 05, 2006
I have 2 children, 7 years apart and I can't believe how much Jones Middle School changed in those 7 years. From 1996-2000, I found the best teachers of his UA education at Jones, in the informal program. I was quite impressed. My daughter started Jones in 2005 and I couldn't get over the change in atmosphere, quality of teachers, etc. Although UA schools have an excellent reputation for academic achievement, I think Jones is slipping in part due to the tremendous number of personal problems the principal has experienced in the past 2-3 years. She only recently came back to work. The teachers seem to be floundering without a strong support sytem. Offered are both the informal and contemporary programs, but according to the counselors, there isn't much difference between the two programs. PTO meetings are during the day.

Posted October 26, 2005
The teachers here are excellent and so is the support staff and administration. Kids with learning disabilities get more help than in other districts, but tend to be grouped together making it less effective than it could be. Lots of activities and sports. May be a little to competitive for some kids.

Jones Middle School
2100 Arlington Ave, Upper Arlington, OH  43221
Last modified Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top