Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I was a student at Jones JR high in the 70s, and I really loved it there. Fast forward to last year and my son's Dublin district Middle School track team had a dual meet vs Jones. I noticed that many of the Jones athletes were special needs kids. I knew a Jones mom that was there at the meet and she told me a couple of the coaches were Intervention Specialists and they encourage all their kids to participate. It was a beautiful thing to watch and the "typical" kids made a point of cheering on all their team mates with equal enthusiasm. It made me proud to be a "old" Jones alumni and put our Dublin team to shame in sportsmanship. Great school, great community.

This is the best school in Columbus and the kids are the best in the world. If one day, the school decides to ask for payment, I will pay as this is better than a private school.

Amount of homework: Agree

The school permits the kids to experience life socially, on sports and the arts. My daughter has time for her life outside the school which helps us all

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children at this school are model citizens. I wish other schools get to see and learn from this school model

Overall, the teaching and guidance is excellent. A question comes up for us about how challenging the curriculum is, since our child moved from a private school where that child struggled to keep up. At Jones, the child excelled. It may have just been a good fit, but it left us wondering, nonetheless. Several of the teachers have been truly outstanding. There is no diversity at the school - if this is a value for you, then this is not your school. On the other hand, all the families have high expectations, and offer great support. Overall, very good experience.

This school falls short in both gifted and LD services. Parental involvement is terrific. There is not a great deal of diversity.

My son is attending Jones and I just love this school. The parents are very involved. I talk to Moms who visit the lunchroom and I just think that parents make a lot of effort to develop acquaintances with their students friends and parents. Also, I believe the curriculum challenges the kids and helps them strive for discipline and diligence in their study habits.

My oldest daughter finally graduated from Jones this year and what a huge relief that is. We found the past 3 years to be very stressful and difficult. Most of the teachers and her guidence couselor were very uncooperative when it came to helping our daughter with her special needs. They were not working parent friendly, either. Now, unfortunately, our youngest daughter is facing 3 years at Jones...we are expecting and preparing for the worst.

Last modified Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.