Bad
Good

Posted August 28, 2007
Wickliffe is a great school system if you desire a small school setting. The classes are really small and for the most part the teachers are friendly. We finally got buses and hot lunches back this year as well as 7th grade sports! I really am impressed with the new board leadership. The new board members really seem to listen to the needs of the community.

Posted May 29, 2007
This is a top notch school system that is very responsive to student needs. We now have a school board that seems to be changing the status quo and bringing back buses (yeah), programs and activities while watching the spending. I am excited about the future of the schools now that we have new leadership.

Posted December 24, 2006
I have lived in Wickliffe all my life. My parents have lived here all their lives. My mother graduated from Wickliffe, my sisters and I all graduated from Wickliffe and my children currently attend the school system. Our schools are excellent the staff is out going and focused on our children and seeing them succeed. The financial management of the school could be better, but our children are receiving a high quality education. There are no buses and very few extras, but this has not hindered the schools greatly. The parents and PTO are greatly involved. This is a close community, you would be luck to live here!

Posted October 17, 2006
Wickliffe is a great community and I have had all positive experiences with my children in the School system. I have four children ranging currently in grades 3-12th. The teachers go out of their way to be of assistance and provide extra help for students. My children are involved in many extracurricular activities. The schools are a safe and healthy environment in which to learn and excel. Most families carpool and transportation is a very minor issue. There is an afterschool program at the Middle School called 'Lights on After School' and with the possibility of the new recreation center there will be expanded programs which will include bussing to the facility. Wickliffe has received an excellent rating for both the high school and elementary school and the Middle school received an Effective rating in 2006 from the Ohio Department of Ed. I am very happy with the Wickliffe Schools

Posted June 01, 2006
If you are a parent who views school as more than a babysitting service, you will love the Wickliffe school system. Yes, there are no busses and yes you do have to pack your child's lunch, but after all they are our kids, our responsibility. The schools job is to provide our children with a safe environment where our children feel comfortable to learn and Wickliffe does an excellent job! The administrators and staff truely care about the students education and are very involved in all aspect of the educational day and beyond. Wickliffe has always been and remains a small but close community that has alot to offer families.

Wickliffe Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2006
If I had only known then what I know now... I never would have moved to Wickliffe. The elementary, middle and senior schools don't have buses unless you live over 2 miles from school (no matter your age), they don't have hot lunches and the middle school has no latchkey - so parents, if you work, good luck trying to pick your child up. Mrs. Dugan is a great child comes first teacher - she does whatever it takes to get the child to understand. All in all, I don't recommend picking up and purchasing a home in Wickliffe.

Posted January 13, 2006
Wickliffe is a nice community unfortunately we have not passed a levy in a while. With that said, I have to say the teachers, administators, staff, etc...have done a wonderful job with the quality of academic programs. I have always been impressed with the reading program and supplemental books that I have had to pay for. I am not as excited about the math program but I would say that it is adequate. The electives have taken a huge hit-no money. I am diasppointed that these just as important areas have been greatly affected. Parents are extremely involved and the P.T.A. is very organized. They pay for many of the extras in these hard times: field trips, end of the year parties, giving teachers supplies for the classroom. Overall, I think the elementary school is doing a fine job. The teachers have been great too.

Wickliffe Elementary School

Posted August 25, 2003
I am a graduate of the Wickliffe school system as were my sons. Now my grandchildren are attending and I couldn't be happier. It is the greatest school system in the state of Ohio.

Wickliffe Elementary School
1821 Lincoln Rd, Wickliffe, OH  44092
Last modified Wickliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.