Broken Arrow, OK
Students enrolled: 2,323

Posted August 13, 2011
I LOVE Broken Arrow High School! There's no harsh Cliques here, everyone tries to get along with each other. The education is awesome. I had to move from here my Junior year to Claremore High School and it really showed me how great BAHS is. I will be sending my kids there when I have them. The diversity of this school is what makes it great. Awesome cafeteria food selection. -2011 Graduate

Posted August 11, 2011
It's been a while since I was a student at Broken Arrow High School but my nieces and nephews have attending. For the most part, I remember my teachers being fair. If you apply yourself, you will get the help. I was in extracurricular activities that did not include football and Pride. I felt that the community & the school stood behind my organizations and my accomplishments. My younger family members feel the same way. I wouldn't put a child in any other metro area school system!

Broken Arrow High School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
This school has no money for anything because they blow it ALL on band (pride) and football. They permanently closed one of the parking lots this year and painted yard lines on it for the football team. In a school of 2,000+ students, we need all of the parking spaces we can get. There are reasonably average teachers, but the campus is so big that it's really a stretch to be able to get from class to class in the allotted 5 minutes. Not to mention, the corridors are all outside, so it's excessively cold in the winter, hot in the summer, etc.

Posted June 29, 2010
Wow they can't afford paper but they can build a freaking new sports building? I feel sorry for the teachers.

Posted April 22, 2010
Let's just say BA only cares about Pride and the Football team.. If you could care less about recognition for anything you might do (outside of band and football), then this school might be for you. Most teachers seem sane, all school systems seem to be set up right and flow properly (prom), they seem lenient on school activities such as bake sales, and the number of yearly fights seems extremely low for a school. One thing that really irritated me this year was the amount of money we're wasting on the 'sports building' (AKA: strictly football building), rather than spending it toward fixing up a lot of the parking lot problems...

Broken Arrow High School 3

Posted January 12, 2010
I am an alumi of Broken Arrow. I can honestly say that the only thing that BA school seems to really care about is the pride and the football team. I was in the school choir and no one gave us any recognition for what we did. We did state competitions and won, but the football team would lose and they would get a whole speech about how they could do better. But it boils down to this question: would I go back? Honestly, yes. I got a great education, I was never bullied and I had great teachers and friendships come out of it. If your child isn't into school spirit, BA's for them.

Broken Arrow High School

Posted October 24, 2009
I am a parent as well as an alumni of Broken Arrow. In fact I made sure we were in the BA district when it was time for our kids to start school. Like any school you will have your students, parents and teachers who just frankly do not care. I have found that parent involvement goes a long way in the quality of education your child will find. The teachers we have had for the most part have been wonderful and caring but a teacher can only do so much. My oldest child is in the Pride and will be graduating this year. I know she has had the most amazing opportunities and I look forward to my youngest finding his path in BA. I applaud the teachers in BA, they have a hard job and one not everyone could handle with such class.

Posted May 28, 2009
The Broken Arrow School System does not care about students. The only thing that matters to them is the Football Team and The Band. If your student is in any other type of activity, you might as well forget any kind of school support. Plus when they do happen to hire a teacher who really cares about the students, they don't keep them over a year. Sent your child to any other school system except BROKEN ARROW!

Posted March 29, 2009
The accelerated and AP classes here are superb and have the best teachers. On level teachers are adequate and are still very helpful. I take all accelerated/ AP classes but two: my electives. One is fine, the other is a discipline problem and frustrates me with its apathy. However, where advanced classes are concerned, the school is excellent and it may just be an isolated class I don't like. Band, contrary to another review, pays for itself (last year's cost to each student was about $2000.00).

Posted December 04, 2008
My son is graduating next semester (2009). I honestly say, despite the enormous size of BAHS, it is the best high school in Oklahoma & would hold it's own against any high school in the nation. My son has received an extraordinary education. The AP opportunities, clubs, organizations - are 2nd to none. I can't say enough wonderful things about his teachers. Specifically, his AP Chemistry, AP Calculus, AP Statistics teacher have all went over and above for their students. The teachers are at school early and stay late everyday for these kids. These instructors hold multiple degrees and yet chose to teach our teenagers. They are real heros. The administrative staff are friendly and professional. The student body is diverse. While this opens the kids up to things that can be disruptive, it is what real life is going to throw at them. I highly recommend BA schools.

Broken Arrow High School
1901 East Albany Street, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
Last modified Broken Arrow High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broken Arrow High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top