Edmond, OK

Posted February 07, 2015
Huge improvements have been made over the past few years at OCA. We moved our 2 elementary children from edmond public schools to OCA this past year and they were WAY behind and they were making straight A's @ edmond schools. The academic level is much higher than their previous school. because of this I know they will be much better prepared for college. The sports are competitive there and they even have a great elementary althletic department. They have chapel everyday and enjoy learning other subjects with a christian perspective. We love OCA and highly recommend it.
2 people found this helpful

Oklahoma Christian Academy 2

Posted January 30, 2015
Small school where kids can be involved in many activities, however, most activities take a back seat to boys sports. Lots of politics with the administration and very closed to working with parents' ideas. Advanced classes and student/teacher ratio are not as advertised. Academics are not emphasized like sports and discipline seems to be based on how valuable the child is as an athlete or their family is to the school. Disappointing move for us, make sure you do your research.
7 people found this helpful

Oklahoma Christian Academy 1

Posted January 12, 2015
School Admin and teachers are set in their ways and are not willing to adjust to help children learn. Class size is larger than advertised, 1st grade class was the same as Public school with 21 students. Amenities and resources are not on par with other private schools in the area that offer a much cheaper tuition rate. Environment is not so "Christian" with staff being judgemental and political. Better more affordable private schools in the area, do your research!
6 people found this helpful

Oklahoma Christian Academy 4

Posted May 08, 2014
Advertised student to teacher ratio are lower than actual. 2014 1st grade class and 2015 2nd grade have 20 students with a teacher and aide. Academics are good, Christian learning is excellent, ACT scores are on par with Edmond public schools.

Posted February 21, 2011
We love OCA. We appreciate the small family like environment. There are quality teachers that really care about the student as a person, not just another name on the list. The small school gives the students many opportunities to be involved that they might not have at a large school.

Posted February 17, 2011
As a parent of two students who graduated from OCA, I can tell you that The Academy is a fabulous place. The academic and spiritual environment give students the tools they need to be successful. Students are not just one more face in the classroom they are loved as they are taught and gently guided by excellent teachers. Students can participate in many extracurricular activities - from service projects, to athletics, to academic meets and more. I strongly urge you to visit Oklahoma Christian Academy if you want something different and wonderful for your child.

Posted February 17, 2011
What a blessing to be able to get a good education in a teaching environment where christianity is not just implied but applied. Teachers are encouraged to teach biblical principles and use scriptures as they illustrate and teach. We've also enjoyed living in Edmond and still being able to provide for our children a small school atmosphere where everyone has a chance to be involved in music, sports and acedemic events.

Posted February 17, 2011
I absolutely love this school. The staff is very attentive to our children and I love how secure I feel with my son at OCA. You must be on a list to pick up a child and if they don't know who you are you have to show Id. The curriculum is fast paced but with the small class size my son is a grade level and half ahead of his peers at the local schools. The Christian atmosphere is truly a blessing and has a significant effect on our son.

Posted February 16, 2011
As a recent alumni of OCA, I wanted to share with others the wonderful experience that I had. I believe that I am the person I am today because of how OCA shaped me. They gave me the tools I needed to succeed in college, many things that my peers struggled with in college were just a review of high school material for me. I was able to experience many different things that other in large schools are unable to do, I participated in 4 different sports and was involved in several different clubs. I made lifelong friendships. Overall I couldn't imagine having an experience that comes even close in any of the big schools that Edmond has to offer. If you want to join a community of great people and give your child a fantastic education, OCA is where you need to be.

Oklahoma Christian Academy 0

Posted December 18, 2009
My child attended 4 years at OCA and we were extremely disappointed. We believed this would be a great christian environment with a better academic environment when compared to the public schools available. We found more christian 'judgement' than love and even worse 'politics' than public schools in both the academic as well as athletic settings. Save your money and go to a public school.

Oklahoma Christian Academy
1101 East 9th Street, Edmond, OK  73034
Last modified Oklahoma Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Oklahoma Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top