El Reno High School

Public | 9-12 | 826 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 29, 2009

El Reno High School has a long, outstanding tradition, and is one of the few remaining schools that has not lost its early historical architecture! Students have dedicated teachers, who really put 'extra' effort in seeing students achieve all they can be!

Posted May 25, 2009

Don't buy the comments saying '...it's getting better.' It isn't. Just check the test scores, and you'll see just how poor this school does academically. Most of the teachers I had don't teach. They just handed out work, and told us to do it. Then, they sat back and complained about their job--The one they don't do. If you want your child to think with innovation, avoid this school. They'll only teach them to do what they're told(No matter how ludacris the rules) The counselors and teachers aren't there for children, in the slightest--No matter how far out of hand the peer pressure gets. And in short they don't even care about what they're doing. There are schools nearby that aren't this way. I suggest you look into those for your child.

Posted April 26, 2009

This is an outstanding school. There is a multitude of options for each kid. I go there now and will be graduating soon. It deals with problems very well. I would want to see my kids go there. It is fighting back against the reputation it once has. It is no longer like that. It is a great place to go.

Posted February 14, 2007

I'm a current student and the curriculum has increased dramatically since 2000. Peer pressure is a common epidemic that happens in all school. The teachers constantly encourage their students to succeed and my class does not make fun of those who do succeed. We are very competitive academically. Many of us are ready for the real world. My counselor has been there for me through all of my college choices. She calls them for me and has even found out different information on them. Don't read the other posts and get the wrong idea. El Reno is expanding and always becoming better.

Posted November 18, 2006

I graduated from EHS in 2004. My parents just adopted a baby and they have already decided she will not attend this school. Now that I am in college, I see that I am extremely far behind the other students at my college. I was not prepared for the future while I was in high school. I asked my counselor for advice on college and she handed me a booklet. I did not start college until over a year after I graudated from EHS. By my Junior/Senior year at EHS, I was so ready to get out because I was tired of the petty fights, the peer pressure, and the nonsense that I could not stand the thought of college. Honestly, I would not recommend this high school to anyone moving to this area. I would check into other schools nearby.

Posted August 9, 2004

I am not a parent but a graduate from ERHS. I believe that academic standards are not set high enough for this school. Students do not seem pushed to excell above and beyond their capabilities by the faculity. In comparison to the people I have attended college with the last 5 years they seem to have received much more academic opportunity from their neighboring schools than seems to be given at ERHS. ERHS does have great potential and seems to be making improvements with the academic choices being offered. In the future I hope to see an extensive range of graduates from ERHS that are prepared to be more competitive for the college or job market.

Posted March 11, 2004

Peer pressure runs rampant, the teachers are unimaginative, the students are trained to follow rules and directions rather than to think critically. Students who show true academic talent are ridiculed by their peers and silenced by their teachers. If you want your child to have a blue-collar job, then this is the school for you. If, on the other hand, you want your child to aspire to a high-level career, then send him or her to a different school.

Posted August 19, 2003

I moved to this school in 2000 my junior year and it was the best thing that ever happend to me. I wish I had always gone to school there and wish for my children to have the same experience

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 84% in 2012.

94 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 77% in 2012.

123 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 79% in 2012.

152 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English II

The state average for English II was 88% in 2012.

149 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English III

The state average for English III was 92% in 2012.

139 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 87% in 2012.

161 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2009.

189 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2009.

170 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 77% in 2012.

145 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian 1% 2%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 59%N/A61%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

407 South Choctaw