Mary White Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2014
Mary White Elementary, where are posts from the last 2 years? I wonder where some of the posts my friends tried to put on here are? Do you put just certain posts on? How come so many kids are being moved to Twin Hills? Why can't we have more teachers that are not rude and mean?

Mary White Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2010
I have 2 children that are currently enrolled in the school for the last couple years. It is a country school. I feel that they don't try to over educate the kids. So it's like getting back to the basics. They have done wonders for my oldest, he has several learning disabilities and they have got him to do things that I still can't. There are times I feel they are just floating him through. There are good teachers and some that should have retired years ago. Every school has those. Really lacking in extra activities which is a bummer. So all and all I'm not thrilled with this school but I do think they have done a great job with them. They look forward to going to school. I will be sad to leave this school in a couple years. FYI you always get last minute notice for everything.

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008
ends, my two children will be attending school elsewhere. Parent-teacher communication is lacking and any concerns voiced to the principal seem to even not be considered. Please do some research before attending this school.

Posted September 27, 2007
We are the parents of three current students at Mary White Elementary in Haskell and we are very pleased overall with this school. We are not originally from this community, but we chose it for our family from many in the Tulsa area. Our children are have done very well here and we are very happy with the teachers and the principal. There will always be good and bad, but we have only seen a few on the bad side. I would certainly like for the Haskell parents to generally be more active and play a more positive role in their childrens' education, but that would likely be the case in almost all comparable communities.

Posted December 07, 2006

Posted October 06, 2006
I am a parent of two children at Mary White, and I have issues with school. If your child/children are in this school in the grades 3 and under they are in a wonderful school but once they get into the 4th grade these kids are so overwhelmed with home work, not enough time to fully understand the curriculum and very hurried. Also this school has Corporal Punishment, yes you can sign a waiver to not have your child beat with a paddle but the principal will still ask the child if they want detention or paddle. The punishment should fit the crime and corporal punishment should be from the parent but these days if parent spanks their child the parent could be reported to C.P.S. but if the school does it it is justified. I think you need to think twice before allowing your child to go here.

Mary White Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2006
Wow great school I have 2 children in Mary White and the teachers are wonderful. I would not have my children in any other school.

Posted July 31, 2006
I seen some negative feedback about Mary White elem. on this site. I know for have 3 students in this school that the teachers care about each student. The test scores has risen to as high as 90% in some of the state testing areas. Please don't let some parents that have sour grapes down grade our school. Come see the love and interaction that is shown to each child at Mary White.

Posted October 12, 2005
I have three children in the Haskell school district. I have encountered various problems in the past such as bullying issues (that's a big one), problems getting the school to take me serious on my childrens learning problems, and viewing certain teachers being very hateful and rude to students,sometimes jerking their arms and screaming at them. Another problem with this school is very poor communication from teachers to parents. Also, every year I have encountered the problem of knowing just exactly what my children were supposed to do for homework. Even when papers are sent home, the children aren't even sure what they are supposed to do. I have talked to other parents with similar problems. Now, the school did just get a new PTA and hopefully the PTA can work together with the principle to make some possitive changes. but no, I do not recommend this school at all.

Mary White Elementary School
309 West Franklin, Haskell, OK  74436
Last modified Mary White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary White Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top