McAlester, OK

Parker Intermediate Center 2

Posted October 24, 2013
I am very disappointed and my son is lost. I set my son in totering for the AM and come to find out no one is there to help him with his math. Then three weeks later he comes home with a D. I called and left a number of messages with two of his teachers and asked them to please call or write me a note and for them to let me know whats going on with my son. No answers!! and now there not going to have it at all. When the school opened at Parker campuse. I went to meet and greet it was awful!! One teacher, all she could do is complain that the kids were loud in the hallways and they need to learn to keep there voices down. REALLY!! What about helping my son. No communication..

Parker Intermediate Center 2

Posted December 10, 2012
There are some good teachers at Parker, but a teacher can only work with what they have. The administration does not communicate to parents, leadership assumes kids are guilty of things before investigating and finding out whole situation, if you question any policies or actions you better be ready to defend yourself and your kids. Biggest problem seems to be a negative small town flavor. If you are a local and business owner going back multiple generations your kids will have it made. If not from the area, it will not be easy. The Vice Principal seems to be awesome. Unfortunately he seems to be in the middle of some other very strong personalities and far less positive dynamics. We are actively looking for a better school situation.

Parker Intermediate Center 1

Posted March 01, 2011
This is the worst school I have ever seen in my life. There is zero communication with parents. I hadn't seen a report card from my child for the semester, and when I went to the school her teacher told me they don't have time to make sure the kids take them home. The teachers don't update the online program regularly, so you can't even track your child's grade that way. If your child is failing you won't know until it's too late. I'm looking for another job to move out of this city to a place with better schools.

Parker Intermediate Center 5

Posted September 20, 2008
This school is big, a little intimidating to the new 5th graders, but once school starts, they get the hang of it and are pro's by the time Halloween rolls around. The principal, Mrs. Cindy Kemp and her assistant principal, Mr. Primus Moore, seem to have a good repitoire with the kids while maintaining a smooth flow to the day. The teacher's are the best apples from the tree, friendly and ready to get into the trenches with you should your student fall behind. They're able to email or call to meet with you at your convenience, if needed, a special counselor from the district or whoever is needed, to lay out a 'plan of attack' to get your student back on track. I love the front office girls, they rock!

Parker Intermediate Center 0

Posted June 28, 2008
This school is okay, it seems... if you have a child that is already smart. If not, you probably wont even know your child is failing until report cards come out!

Parker Intermediate Center 5

Posted March 13, 2008

Parker Intermediate Center 4

Posted November 29, 2007

Parker Intermediate Center
1310 North 6th Street, McAlester, OK  74501
Last modified Parker Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parker Intermediate Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top