No rating

St Philip Neri School

Private | PK-8

Living in Midwest City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $67,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted August 13, 2014

SPN-this school does not represent what it should, very little religious conviction. They feel entitled to the cost instead of earning it. Any slight problem with a student and it's like a permanent condemnation and will never admit to doing anything wrong, the problem is always placed on the family or student. Also had uncertified teachers for 1/2 year. The staff is quick to judge and punish without staff witness and on hearsay. The online grade site was a disaster. There are some good teachers but a few are in the wrong trade, should not be in education. This school does not represent what a Catholic school should, glad to be gone.

Posted February 12, 2014

This is a sad example of a catholic school lacking organization. The teachers do not know how to teach or discipline their students. They focus on issues of no importance and neglect to address the actual problems of their school.

Posted August 26, 2013

All four of my children were educated at SPN. One year when we moved further out I put my two oldest children in the Choctaw schools to save time and money. Not worth the time or money. Oklahoma Public schools were about a year behind SPN. My daughter had already learned in 3rd grade what they were teaching in 4th grade in Choctaw. The Computer lab is top notch and my 10 year-old can produce a power point presentation that would compete with most adults. All my children have a definite sense of right and wrong and positive work ethic. If you fail or succeed it is all on yourself. I am happy with this school and it's Christian teachings.

Posted August 16, 2013

Never having been in a Catholic school I must Amit I excepted a cold environment . Yes I know to much tv I'm sure! I found a disciplined, loving school with a close family like connection. I was there assisting in school photos, this being a stressful and caodic time for students and teachers I thought it was a great testament to the school. I would also like I add the students were all polite and I had no problems getting them to cooperate.

Posted May 28, 2012

This was our 2nd year at SPN and I don't think we will be returning. I am very dissappointed at the lack of discipline the children receive and I have found out through other parents that if you complain they will take it out on the child. I don't think this school be open many more years.

Posted January 26, 2012

My children have been attending SPN for 4 years now. We love it. Their preschool program (K3 & K4) is the best! They learn so much in that time and build on that foundation during the rest of their school years. My husband and I make a lot of sacrifices for our children to receive a good education and we could not have found a better school for this. I am very happy that I am such a big part of their education. I love being able to volunteer, talk to teachers/principal as needed and be involved in the decisions made for the school.

Posted December 7, 2011

I was really dissappointed in SPN. My son is in K4 and his teacher complains to us on a daily basis on how hard her job is, asking us things like "is it Friday yet". Anytime he mIssbehaves in the slightest, the school is calling us and asking if we can come up and talk to him. I feel he would listen to them more if they disciplined him instead of immediately having us talk to him. The admin. told us average class size would be about 15.. There are 26 in his class and on more than one occcasion we have walked in on the teacher just yelling at the kids.

Posted November 1, 2010

St. Philip Neri provides a wonderful, Christian environment for my children to learn and have fun in!

Posted October 24, 2010

St Philip Neri teaches each child individually, knowing not all children learn the same way. The teachers and staff at this school are wonderful!

Posted October 10, 2010

I love St Philip Neri School because not only do the children get the best education ever, everyone at the school is loving and caring always looking out for the best interests of your child. I never worry at all while I am working because I know he is safe and happy.

Posted October 1, 2010

Because my grandsons attend St Philip Neri and I'm impressed with their knowledge and also their behavior.

Posted October 1, 2010

This is a wonderful faith filled school. The faculty cares about each student. Parents are involved, active and supportive. Discipline is good. Students learn more than the 3 R's.

Posted September 30, 2010

I like the smaller class sizes giving my child more one-on-one time with the teachers.

Posted September 29, 2010

This is an exceptional school. The students, teachers, and parents work in community to give our kids the best possible Catholic education
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 17, 2010

I think prayer is important to us all. I'm glad morning prayer before class is very important. Another reason is the uniform policy. The policy minimizes the stress many public school students face in trying to be the 'best dressed' Everyone is equal in that respect. Also, the small class size means teachers are able to be more helpful to those students who may be having difficulties.

Posted May 16, 2010

Teachers and curriculum are great. My children can pray at school and talk about Jesus.

Posted May 14, 2010

Both my daughters graduated from St. Philip's and got an excellent education there.

Posted May 14, 2010

I support Catholic education. Those teachers are dedicated and hard working and put a lot of heart into their teaching. They not only get a good educational foundation, but a foundation in the Faith. They have the best principal and a wonderful staff. God bless Catholic schools and God bless St. Philip Neri Catholic School.

Posted May 13, 2010

I love St. Philip Neri School because it has such a great faculty that strive to teach the students to achieve ten times their best.

Posted May 13, 2010

Because it is staffed by caring, concerned teachers who work toward helping students raise self-esteem, teach respsibility, relate-afectively, and solve problems. They also are learning to set reasonable and attainable goals in life
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Oklahoma City

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1121 Felix Place