Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
We just recently moved to Moore, OK and my two boys began attending Southgate-Rippetoe for the second half of the semester. My boys attended a charter school in Georgia with excellent school ratings so we were a bit nervous relocating. However, by the end of the school year at Southgate, we already felt like family. I was very pleased that my boys maintained their A and B averages, they quickly made new friends(which can be scary for any child that has to change schools) and they simply fell in love with their teachers: Mrs. Whitney and Mrs. Huff!!! The teachers were awesome, the office staff was always very helpful, and everyone has really made us feel welcome. The May 20th tornado was our first tornado experience and we hated that the school year had to end early and on such a sad note. Continued prayers for Plaza Towers and Briarwood Elem. The day we were able to go by the school after the storm and see the teachers, it was very touching. I as a parent felt some closure by getting to see the teachers and thank them for the awesome job of watching over my children during such a scary time. We are truly looking forward to the start of the school year!!!

Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School 0

Posted July 22, 2009
I have been at SGR for a while...I went during the 70's and 80's and it was a fine school.....then I decided that me kids would go there....it is a good school if you are very involved in the school and are up there everyday to keep an eye out....but if you are not there then there is alot a problems....what I have seen is that the teachers don't get the help that they ask for and the class sizes are to big....if the child is special needs but on the Southgate side then there is a lot of conflict with the staff and child and parents....there also needs a lot of support to stop the bullying that goes on there but with 2 to 4 classes out on recess at a time and only 2 to 4 teachers that are on duty it is hard for them

Posted May 28, 2009
My son is on the Rippetoe side & has had a wonderful time. We love the school staff & love the teachers as well. We are also trying to transfere our daughter to this school because the school she attends now lacks so much.

Posted November 07, 2008

Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008
I have a son that has attended this school since pre-k 3 years old, he is now in kindergarten. Through the years it has been a struggle at first but once the support was in place for us and we the parents returning the support to the staff it has made a nice balance. I feel we have the same goal.

Posted September 17, 2007
I really enjoy my children going to this school. The teachers and principals really care about the kids education. They watch them really well when out on the play ground too. Their goal is to help every child learn the best they can.This school has been around for a really long time my husband went there also and it was even a good school back then. Moore district has the best education you could give your children.

Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2006
As a parent to a student there I am actually discusted by this school. In 3 years I have watched the school and their attitude get worse. The school has a wonderful program for handicap or challenged students. But its horrible for kids who excel. They are held back until others catch up to them and are left having behavioral problems from the boredom. Not enough teachers on duty so bullying is a big issue. Most teachers are wonderful.

Posted March 28, 2005
Southgate-Rippetoe is actually two schools in one. One building is for children with multiple handicaps. The other building is a traditional elementary school. I have two children, one on each 'side' of the school. I have been impressed with the quality of the education for both children. The school is designated 'Title I' and receives extra money to keep the most up-to-date computers and other supplies available to the students. The 'special ed' program is top notch. I'd be surprised if there is a comparable program in the entire state. My only complaint about the school has been the office staff on the traditional side of the school. They can be terribly rude to parents.

Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School
500 North Norman Avenue, Moore, OK  73160
Last modified Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top