Bad
Good

Teachers are okay. Office staff are extremely rude. These are some of the rudest people that I have ever met; completely unprofessional. Seriously. The school is tolerable, just don't interact with them and you will be fine.

My child started the school halfway though the school year and it has been the absolute worst decision I've ever made!! The office staff is very unkind, to students and parents, there is very little parent involvement, the school is overcrowded, students do not get the time or attention they deserve! The teacher we have is very unhelpful, she does not communicate with parents at all, has no control of the classroom, extremely unorganized, and most importantly, she doesn't teach these kids anything! My child was in an advanced school and loved it before we moved, now that we are at a different school it's as though I have a completely different child. The eagerness to get out the door in the morning is gone. We now do "school" in the evenings at home for at least one hour every night, mostly math and reading, just to try to keep my child learning. But there simply is not enough time in the day to teach everything at home when they are at school 7 hours a day. Hoping and praying we find a different school before this next year starts!!

We just recently moved to Moore, OK and my two boys began attending Southgate-Rippetoe for the second half of the semester. My boys attended a charter school in Georgia with excellent school ratings so we were a bit nervous relocating. However, by the end of the school year at Southgate, we already felt like family. I was very pleased that my boys maintained their A and B averages, they quickly made new friends(which can be scary for any child that has to change schools) and they simply fell in love with their teachers: Mrs. Whitney and Mrs. Huff!!! The teachers were awesome, the office staff was always very helpful, and everyone has really made us feel welcome. The May 20th tornado was our first tornado experience and we hated that the school year had to end early and on such a sad note. Continued prayers for Plaza Towers and Briarwood Elem. The day we were able to go by the school after the storm and see the teachers, it was very touching. I as a parent felt some closure by getting to see the teachers and thank them for the awesome job of watching over my children during such a scary time. We are truly looking forward to the start of the school year!!!

I have been at SGR for a while...I went during the 70's and 80's and it was a fine school.....then I decided that me kids would go there....it is a good school if you are very involved in the school and are up there everyday to keep an eye out....but if you are not there then there is alot a problems....what I have seen is that the teachers don't get the help that they ask for and the class sizes are to big....if the child is special needs but on the Southgate side then there is a lot of conflict with the staff and child and parents....there also needs a lot of support to stop the bullying that goes on there but with 2 to 4 classes out on recess at a time and only 2 to 4 teachers that are on duty it is hard for them

My son is on the Rippetoe side & has had a wonderful time. We love the school staff & love the teachers as well. We are also trying to transfere our daughter to this school because the school she attends now lacks so much.

I have a son that has attended this school since pre-k 3 years old, he is now in kindergarten. Through the years it has been a struggle at first but once the support was in place for us and we the parents returning the support to the staff it has made a nice balance. I feel we have the same goal.

I really enjoy my children going to this school. The teachers and principals really care about the kids education. They watch them really well when out on the play ground too. Their goal is to help every child learn the best they can.This school has been around for a really long time my husband went there also and it was even a good school back then. Moore district has the best education you could give your children.

Last modified Southgate-Rippetoe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.