John Glenn Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
Teachers/principals don't pay enough attention to students when in classroom, recess, lunch, etc. Kids getting into serious trouble all the time 'cause teacher(s)/principal DON'T KNOW suspensions are happening too frequently to otherwise good students if they weren't PROVOKED ALL THE TIME! Their size, neighborhood, bullying, clothes, parents, teachers telling stuff they don't know about at all, etc. When a kid under 3rd grade acts up----call parent, send home=stay home rest of day or 1-3 days=who wouldn't want that?! No messing with school people at all then! Wrong decisions, I think, on the school! When in K had substitutes like crazy 'cause his was so sick with cancer! RUINED HIM & OTHERS, in OUR OPINIONS!!! Trying to get back on track but hard with his 'reputation', NOW! Again teachers/substitute teachers/principal(s)!!! All SHAPE OUR KIDS! Last year's teacher did remarkable with him/classmates, though! Thank goodness for her! Being in service helped a lot, also!

John Glenn Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2010
They lost my son on the first day of school. I was frantically calling from work because he did not arrive home on the bus, the school office would not anser the phone, and I was stuck across town unable to get there in person. How does a school NOT know WHO was on the busses that morning? They also never told me what class he was in, shuffled him around all day not knowing where he was supposed to me. The principle gave me a different story than the teacher about where he was while "lost" when school let out. HE IS 5!!! They lost his school supplies and backpack that day too. No one knows what he did that day or what rooms he was in!

John Glenn Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2010
This was my daughter's first year at John Glenn Elementary. She had Carol Spears as her teacher and I could not have asked for a better start for her. She did not take Pre-K and yet between home teaching and what she learned from Ms. Spear she was right there with the other students. I am very pleased.

John Glenn Elementary School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
for 7 years i have had at least one child at John Glenn elementary and until now I have been fairly happy this year though I have serious concerns about many staff members and their routines with the children.

John Glenn Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2009
It is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. My kids just love their teachers and they love their school....This says a lot when small children actualy are eager to go to school each morning!!

John Glenn Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2009
I was upset when I found out my child would attend this school since we lived just a street away from another school, however now I am beyond thankful that we fell into the Western Heights school district! My child is in his 4th year of attending John Glenn, the first 2 years were spectacular! He had Mrs. Calvert and Mrs. Green for pre-k and loved loved loved them, as did I. They are both great teachers and I was sad to see Mrs. Calvert leave. His kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Schmidt and she and her daughter (assistant) were wonderful teachers as well. They bent over backwards to protect the kid's privacy and always kept me updated on progress and activities. His experience last year was enough to turn me away from the school, but we are trying again and hoping for the best.

John Glenn Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2007
Both my boys attended JGES since Kindergarten. The older just finished 5th grade & the younger is entering 4th. I'm not sure I'd have chosen JGES by external reviews, but I'm very pleased overall. Every grade's teacher has been excellent (we're very grateful) & I believe the current principal & vice are major assets. The Knighting program is an honorable & effective incentive, a swift response (to our complaints of too many fund-raisers) by this principal's leadership. We've even had a loyal & wonderful bus driver all these years! Not a perfect school in every way, but very under-rated, I believe.

John Glenn Elementary School 3

Posted July 05, 2007
I think John Glenn could do better in the discipline area. Alot of it is the principal there now. The teachers are great.

John Glenn Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2007
My oldest son went to John Glenn for several years under the previous principal and it was a great experience! I now have a son and daughter (twins) attending under the current principal. She is very rude, hard to deal with and unreasonable! I will not be sending them back there for 2nd grade!

John Glenn Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2007
The staff as a whole work together to make sure that each student is treated equally. My child attended John Glenn from K thru 5th grade. My child loves it and has many friends. The principal is good at not following thru on what she tells the students. Her assistant principal is very good at what he does and is loved by everyone.

John Glenn Elementary School
6501 South Land Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73159
Last modified John Glenn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Glenn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top