Oklahoma City, OK

John Glenn Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2015
Great parent teacher group! Everyone works together to create a great learning environment. Teachers try to build good relationships with students

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
The teachers at John Glenn love their students and are constantly trying to find ways to better teach the students

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 18, 2015
The teachers here work hard to make sure our students learn well. They engage with the students and work pretty well with each other. The school now has a PTA and they are trying to connect the students and the staff together. I suggest you meet these teachers and staff and become acquainted with them before you judge them. Many of the issues we have at this school comes from miscommunication between the parents and teachers. These issues can be easily fixed with more interaction. This is a great school! They have a great Staff, great teachers, Great parents, and even greater students. GO ASTROJETS!!!!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2015
Our school tries very hard to develop self esteem and self respect in every student.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2015
Our Counselor is Shirley Caves and she is one of the most amazing people and extremely great at her job. We had a teacher die last year unexpectedly and the staff helped the students through this process and it brought our school closer together.

John Glenn Elementary School 5

Posted July 18, 2015
Great Teachers, Great Parents, Great staff! WE have pride for our school and we have an amazing PTA!

John Glenn Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
My child attended this school 2013. And 3/4 of 2014 before I pulled her out. I was told she could not read. I took her to sylvan and she tested 2 grade levels above her grade. She tested the same at her new private school, I struggle to afford. I repost my comments because they are removed. Why? How? My daughter was also "lost" when she was 6. Told to walk home, after being kicked off the bus. I found her crossing 4 lanes of highway with a stranger following her. I should have made a police report. Since everyone says its a lie now. Parents are shut out. School does what it wants.

John Glenn Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
Teachers/principals don't pay enough attention to students when in classroom, recess, lunch, etc. Kids getting into serious trouble all the time 'cause teacher(s)/principal DON'T KNOW suspensions are happening too frequently to otherwise good students if they weren't PROVOKED ALL THE TIME! Their size, neighborhood, bullying, clothes, parents, teachers telling stuff they don't know about at all, etc. When a kid under 3rd grade acts up----call parent, send home=stay home rest of day or 1-3 days=who wouldn't want that?! No messing with school people at all then! Wrong decisions, I think, on the school! When in K had substitutes like crazy 'cause his was so sick with cancer! RUINED HIM & OTHERS, in OUR OPINIONS!!! Trying to get back on track but hard with his 'reputation', NOW! Again teachers/substitute teachers/principal(s)!!! All SHAPE OUR KIDS! Last year's teacher did remarkable with him/classmates, though! Thank goodness for her! Being in service helped a lot, also!

John Glenn Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2010
They lost my son on the first day of school. I was frantically calling from work because he did not arrive home on the bus, the school office would not anser the phone, and I was stuck across town unable to get there in person. How does a school NOT know WHO was on the busses that morning? They also never told me what class he was in, shuffled him around all day not knowing where he was supposed to me. The principle gave me a different story than the teacher about where he was while "lost" when school let out. HE IS 5!!! They lost his school supplies and backpack that day too. No one knows what he did that day or what rooms he was in!

John Glenn Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2010
This was my daughter's first year at John Glenn Elementary. She had Carol Spears as her teacher and I could not have asked for a better start for her. She did not take Pre-K and yet between home teaching and what she learned from Ms. Spear she was right there with the other students. I am very pleased.

6501 South Land Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73159
Last modified John Glenn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Glenn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top