Chouteau Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 282 students

Sweep tile

Posted July 8, 2013

My child just finished her Pre-K in June. She absolutely loves her school. Great teachers. Keep parents updated on what the kids' are learning at school each week. Principal and his assistant, along with all the other faculty members are very helpful. I know it's a great school when my child can't wait to go back in August.

Posted December 27, 2011

Chouteau is a good school, but since the district changes, they have had an influx of students who have been into bullying. All three of my kids have had trouble with kids bullying them, including stealing, gross language, swearing, name-calling, threats, etc. I love Chouteau, but I am looking now for a school with kids who don't bully like this. I will say, Chouteau is trying to address these issues. Hopefully, they find a resolution soon.

Posted November 17, 2011

I absolutely LOVE this school!! However the PTA lacks very much!!!! When ordering something from them, you do not always recieve what you order, therefore leaving you out of pocket for what you paid for and did not recieve! PTA members need to step up and learn organiztion! If you can not function as an officer for PTA you should not be one! Very upset that they did NOT even try to make it right or replace it!!! I recommend this school to everyone....just not the PTA!!

Posted April 9, 2011

The best kept secret in Tulsa Public Schools... Chouteau Fine Arts Academy. With an API score of 1299, Chouteau Fine Arts Academy has the highest No Child Left Behind score among all Title I elementary schools in the district and is in the top 10% of all TPS elementary schools, along with the most selective magnet programs. We have five National Board Certified Teachers, two educators with Doctorate Degrees, eight teachers and two paraprofessionals with Master s Degrees, a full-time social worker, and a full-time counselor. We teach to the whole child and have an arts integrated curriculum.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 8, 2010

I will really miss this school when my kids move on to middle school. I don't think my son would be going to Carver next year if it weren't for Chouteau. Love everyone there!!!

Posted May 5, 2009

Great quality leadership. Friendly knowledgeable teachers. Respectful students. Non-threatening environment. Learning taking place. Even great After School Best kept secret in Tulsa.

Posted September 23, 2008

I transferred my son to Chouteau in the first week of school. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Michael Burke, the principal. He is very involved with his school and seems to know each student on a personal level. The office staff and nurse attendant are professional and caring and since my son has a few health issues, this is very important to me. Dr. Smith, my son's teacher, is simply fantastic! The school employs strict rules, which I believe children need to thrive, but is very caring in the way that it maintains the rules. I feel secure that he is safe in the school when I drop him off each day, which is extremely important to me since my son is my life! My son's education and well-being are my first priorities, and Chouteau exceeds my expectations! Thank you Dr. Burke, Dr. Smith, and the rest of the fine staff!

Posted August 27, 2008

Chouteau is, in my opinion, the best elementary school in Tulsa. I have visited many schools around town, and none of them have the cheery,clean and bright atmosphere that Chouteau does. The teachers are top notch and along with the extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful support staff I feel like my children are getting a private school level education for free! To bad Chouteau doesn't have a middle and high school too.

Posted April 2, 2008

We transfered our son here 3 years ago,after watching test scores and reviewing the staff for a year.It's a wonderful public school with the feel of a small community.Our son does very well,as does more than the majority of his 4th grade class.Hats off to this great bunch of profesionals!

Posted June 19, 2005

This school is a real gem. High quality education! My older kids went here about 10 years ago, and my pre-k and Kindergarten kids go now. I've had plenty of experience with other schools...bad experiences...and this one was especially important for my older son who needed the attentive teachers, and non-chaotic setting. The teachers expected high-quality work...and my son who struggled in other schools excelled and accomplished more. Fantastic school! Motivates kids to do their best.

Posted June 17, 2005

One of the best schools I have ever been around. My children have attended Chouteau Elementary from pre-k through 5th grade, and they both love it, the pricipal, the teachers, the aids, the councoler, the luch room staff, and even the janitors.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

26 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2012.

26 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

28 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

28 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 91% in 2012.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

31 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Asian 0% 2%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 84%N/A61%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

575 North 39th West Ave