Tulsa, OK
Students enrolled: 2,272

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 1

Posted May 26, 2015
I'm going to this school currently. They are absolutely careless about their students in every way. I reported that I had to felt targeted by my bus driver because he would go to the bus stop very early just to make me late. I went to the office to fill out a "what really happened" form and it's been two months and I still haven't gotten a response and it has still been happening. The food is disgusting. I actually got food poisoning from they're chicken panini because the chicken was undercooked. I had to miss several days of school to recover. The school is overly crowded. There's barely enough seats in the cafeteria to have students be completely seated. Behavioral problems are tremendous here. Consequences are a very minor thing here, students get away with many many things. Academics aren't much of a focus. Union is an excellent district if you are more interested and involved in sports. I had a teacher who said the only reason why he was still at union was to make money to coach. Stolen items are a big major thing at this school, and they do absolutely nothing to recover it. I have gotten a pair of tennis shoes stolen from my gym locker. And an iPhone stolen out of my own pocket. They tell you that it's your fault for having your phone with you but really, some students and parents prefer to stay connected through out the day cause I'll tell you this now the Union Sixth and Seventh Grade Center is not exactly the safest place. Many students will threaten to punch you for accidentally bumping into you I learned that from personal experience. I've seen students show other students knives that have in their backpacks. I've seen condoms on the floor it's absolutely infuriating. Union focuses more on sports then they do on academics, the fine arts teacher even admitted that very little money is donated towards choir, band, orchestra and the drama committee because it's all being donated to football. The administrators are ruled over by the students. The students have no respects and will boo and sometimes throw things when the principal is trying to talk on the stage in the cafeteria. The amount of supplies aren't enough either. There's not enough textbooks for students, tissues, or classroom pencil sharpeners. It's the simple little things they choose not to changed that could lead to them actually improving the school. I recommend going to Broken Arrow.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 26, 2015
They don't make their points straight. They fear the students so they dial down the work and pep talks.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 26, 2015
Coming from a student the most homework I get a day is about a 20 problem math page in my textbook

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The school is very unorganized. When fire drills happen even the teachers don't know about it. They don't care much about academics

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
Considering the teachers are afraid of the students because most of the students are very aggressive.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The administration is too careless to care about the students. They encourage us to go to the counselor when we get bullied but do they actually do anything about it? Never. If they can purchase a new scoreboard for over a million dollars they should be able to recover a students missing item.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
the level of carelessness and unfairness at this school is unreal. The teachers don't actually care about the students they care about how much they'll get paid or when the day is going to end .

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 4

Posted August 02, 2013
I went to this school on 6th grade, and I LOVED it!!! However, the cafeteria main course food is disgusting. The mashed potatoes and rolls were okay, however. My bus driver is what got this school four stars, not five. My bus driver was very very mean. She would yell at us, and even make fun of some students. Everyone hated her, except for a few of her favorites. She reported us as not behaving, and WE got in trouble with the vice principal, which was very unfair. However, I LOVED all of the teachers. One was pretty strict, but she was fair. I took Pre-Algebra this year and learned a TON! Art is very cool, and the clarinet teacher is so funny! I was able to meet a lot of other kids I liked. The pod system is really good, and even though it is a huge school, I adjusted quickly and got all a's in every class except for once on progress reportPlus, since it is so big, you get a nice library and pool!! So anyway, I loved my teachers, classes and school mates, but not my bus and bus driver,

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 3

Posted July 24, 2013
I attended this school in 6th grade. Its an alright school. They have lots of activites to do, but most of these activites cost which makes it harder for kids who do not have any money to be involved in things. Some teachers are nice, and others are kind of rude. I'm a straight A' student, and I never get in trouble, but some of these teachers have attitudes, making it where I dislike them ALOT. The principal of the whole 6th/7th grade center is very mean. The upstairs principal is okay, but the downtairs principal Mrs. Bear (excuse me if I spelled her name wrong) she is really nice. I LOVE HER! The lunch is disgusting though. There cheeseburgers are still red in the inside. They need to get better chefs. Some of the buses are over crowed depending on where you live. It will sometimes be like 3 to a seat with no air conditioning. Other then that, i would reccommend this school:)

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 3

Posted May 04, 2010
Both of my children have attended this school. The teachers are amazing to say the least. They keep in regular contact with the parents and they have no problems telling you what you need to do as a parent to help you child away from school.

10100 East 61st Street, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Union 6th-7th Grade Center is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union 6th-7th Grade Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top