Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 03, 2016
No. A lot of students get detention, ISD, suspended, expelled, or more. The teachers aren't fair, and a lot of students don't respect the teachers.

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 1

Posted March 03, 2016
I currently go here, I'm a 7th grader. The administative ate careless and just says to fill out a "What really happened" form. Some teachers here are just plain rude, and doesn't even teach right.The librarian is sweet and kind, and so are a few teachers. Most teachers don't even care for the students. One of my friend told me that one of her teachers always wants to be right. Even if the teacher gets the math problem wrong, she tells the class "Well, I got this answer. So this is the answer." Some teachers just give a kid detention because they don't want to deal with them. There are too many fights you can't even count. Sometimes, there's a fight that happens in the cafeteria. And all the principal does is to talk in front of the team, or just talk on stage. Some teachers just don't even care. All they care is about them getting paid. The food is disgusting. I don't bring my lunch, so I just buy snacks and eat that. So many rumors have happened, and there was a burn book. A teacher of mine, cried in front of the class more than 10 times just because of an article. She doesn't teach right, and many more.

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 1

Posted May 26, 2015
I'm going to this school currently. They are absolutely careless about their students in every way. I reported that I had to felt targeted by my bus driver because he would go to the bus stop very early just to make me late. I went to the office to fill out a "what really happened" form and it's been two months and I still haven't gotten a response and it has still been happening. The food is disgusting. I actually got food poisoning from they're chicken panini because the chicken was undercooked. I had to miss several days of school to recover. The school is overly crowded. There's barely enough seats in the cafeteria to have students be completely seated. Behavioral problems are tremendous here. Consequences are a very minor thing here, students get away with many many things. Academics aren't much of a focus. Union is an excellent district if you are more interested and involved in sports. I had a teacher who said the only reason why he was still at union was to make money to coach. Stolen items are a big major thing at this school, and they do absolutely nothing to recover it. I have gotten a pair of tennis shoes stolen from my gym locker. And an iPhone stolen out of my own pocket. They tell you that it's your fault for having your phone with you but really, some students and parents prefer to stay connected through out the day cause I'll tell you this now the Union Sixth and Seventh Grade Center is not exactly the safest place. Many students will threaten to punch you for accidentally bumping into you I learned that from personal experience. I've seen students show other students knives that have in their backpacks. I've seen condoms on the floor it's absolutely infuriating. Union focuses more on sports then they do on academics, the fine arts teacher even admitted that very little money is donated towards choir, band, orchestra and the drama committee because it's all being donated to football. The administrators are ruled over by the students. The students have no respects and will boo and sometimes throw things when the principal is trying to talk on the stage in the cafeteria. The amount of supplies aren't enough either. There's not enough textbooks for students, tissues, or classroom pencil sharpeners. It's the simple little things they choose not to changed that could lead to them actually improving the school. I recommend going to Broken Arrow.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 26, 2015
They don't make their points straight. They fear the students so they dial down the work and pep talks.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 26, 2015
Coming from a student the most homework I get a day is about a 20 problem math page in my textbook

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The school is very unorganized. When fire drills happen even the teachers don't know about it. They don't care much about academics

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
Considering the teachers are afraid of the students because most of the students are very aggressive.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The administration is too careless to care about the students. They encourage us to go to the counselor when we get bullied but do they actually do anything about it? Never. If they can purchase a new scoreboard for over a million dollars they should be able to recover a students missing item.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
the level of carelessness and unfairness at this school is unreal. The teachers don't actually care about the students they care about how much they'll get paid or when the day is going to end .

Union 6th-7th Grade Center 4

Posted August 02, 2013
I went to this school on 6th grade, and I LOVED it!!! However, the cafeteria main course food is disgusting. The mashed potatoes and rolls were okay, however. My bus driver is what got this school four stars, not five. My bus driver was very very mean. She would yell at us, and even make fun of some students. Everyone hated her, except for a few of her favorites. She reported us as not behaving, and WE got in trouble with the vice principal, which was very unfair. However, I LOVED all of the teachers. One was pretty strict, but she was fair. I took Pre-Algebra this year and learned a TON! Art is very cool, and the clarinet teacher is so funny! I was able to meet a lot of other kids I liked. The pod system is really good, and even though it is a huge school, I adjusted quickly and got all a's in every class except for once on progress reportPlus, since it is so big, you get a nice library and pool!! So anyway, I loved my teachers, classes and school mates, but not my bus and bus driver,

10100 East 61st Street, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Union 6th-7th Grade Center is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.