Briarglen Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2013
My children attended this school. My youngest son was difficult and the staff did everything in their power to help him learn and grow. By the time he moved to the 6th grade center he was more mature and ready to handle the classroom. My other childre enjoyed going to a neighborhood school where they didn't have to take a bus and could ride bikes instead. My older children are now starting college after doing very well in high school.

Posted February 26, 2013
Try as they might, a school is only as good as the quality of students and faculty. The faculty tries, but there are just not the resources to handle the number of students in the classroom. My child has been there this year, and all the child has learned is to fight. The child was sweet and caring. The lack of supervision has given him a prison mentality: dog eat dog. I hate this school and so does my child. I routinely find used condoms in the parking lot. I feel badly for any person that has to send their child to this school.

Posted September 19, 2012
I don't understand what most of the posts here are saying I went to Briarglen Elementary from K-5th and the staff was excellent and the teachers helped me so much I would not be a straight A student in high school without them, they gave me so much insight in a variety of things. Like how to deal with people and how you should treat others, I was also a helper there during 6th grade and seeing the children there grow up and learn made me feel awesome. I lived next to Briarglen for so long and I will always remember it. I miss it every day. When I go back to Tulsa to visit I go there every time, so if you are looking for a school this one teaches great life lessons and the teachers are phenomenal, there are better academic schools but the stuff you learn in Briarglen cannot be learned anywhere else.

Posted March 22, 2010
My children have been going here for 3 years, we transfered from Tulsa public schools, and love it. They offer more specials classes, the staff is wonderful, and always there with an open door. I feel that my children are safe, well cared for and earning a great education.

Posted October 25, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
I was a parent that not only participated in many school activities but I had a chance to see how the inside of the PTA was run as well. My children are longer at Briarglen and I am completely happy. When my youngest was transferred to another elementary school I was worried that she was going to suffer due to her friends no longer being around. She has done nothing but excel. I would have to agree with the parent that stated that she felt guilty that her kids wasted part of their elementary years at this school. Unfortunately my oldest wasted the entire elementary years at Briarglen which I blame for the struggles she has had throughout the years. Luckily now she is getting what she should have received while she was at Briarglen.

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted July 31, 2008
My children went to this school for three years. I was very involved in the classrooms, PTA, and all around the school. Being so involved gave me an inside perspective on how poor the school was run. The children are treated like they are at a military school: they are constantly being yelled at and are punished as a whole class when one or a few children misbehave. My kids were behind, academically. We moved away and my children spent last year at a better school. Moving was the best thing we've ever done! I feel guilty that my kids wasted part of there elementary education here.

Briarglen Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2008
The parent's in these other review's must have no involvement in the school or their child's growth in the school. Narrow minded parents that don't encourage diversity in school's and community should not enroll their kid in this school thay should go to some all white prep school. This is a good school if you make it one the way we have. Get involved in your kids life and school.

Briarglen Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2008
I agree with the last comment. I also ran into the same problem..over crowding and bilingual students, yes, it did take away from my child also. We did move to Peters school district and they are also Union and I couldnt believe the difference. The staff is so pleasent and the students are taught to use their mannors. It has been wonderful. The down side is, although a Union school compared to Briarglen, Peters is so advance in academics.

Briarglen Elementary School
3303 South 121st East Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74146
Last modified Briarglen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarglen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top