Posted February 18, 2014
Union is a very big district with very big schools. It's easy to feel a little lost and confused on what to do. But there are a lot of clubs and sports you can choose from to join. School spirit is huge coming from many teachers and students. You can see how much students want to support one another, and sports. You just have to ask for help and get involved in whatever you can. Go big red!

Posted April 19, 2011
I am a proud graduate of UHS and am a better person in all aspects of my life because of it. Union prepared me for college but far more importantly, for life. It is great to be a part of a school with such pride, amenities, staff and a rich growing history. I transferred from a good Tulsa private school and it was a challenge at first to adjust to the higher curriculum, pace and size of Union. Every single aspect, besides tuition, was harder at Union. Teachers were tougher, coaches more aggressive, socially it was more challenging but I am the better person and man for adjusting to the faster pace and making the most of that opportunity. With few exceptions the ones who transferred to Union wanted better, bigger opportunities and the ones who transferred out were just not able to keep up. Such is life. Union forced me to dig deeper and forced me to take my life to the next level and I am eternally in debt.

Posted April 05, 2011
I am hearing bad reviews about the Principle of this school, seems the principle and staff, are intimidating students into lying about one another, sounds like someone is trying to play with students lives as well as there minds, putting the fear in these students is only confusing them more,playing with there rights is another thing, Someone needs to report the actions of the very person that we entrust our children to.

Posted August 23, 2010
Union High Schools administrative staff is awful. They are so rude and disrespectful to both students and parents. They should do away with their Character Counts since most of them can not conduct themselves in the ways they are expecting the students to conduct themselves. They need to learn to be accountable for their actions and if they can't handle doing their job in a respectful manner they should work in a different field.

Posted June 22, 2010
The leadership at this school is exceptional. Every principal is a principal because they want kids to excel. This allows teachers to focus on teaching and not on all the other issues (discipline, politics, etc.) The district is well managed so during this budget crunch, Union is not talking about laying off teachers. Even though they are one of the largest districts. The academic programs are excellent. The ratings from Great Schools is deceiving as most of the Union students have passed all or most of these academic tests before they even enter the High School. That is what is wrong with these types of rating systems. I have teachers in my family so I may talk like a teacher but I am not one.

Posted May 13, 2010
We have raised two boys through the school district and have our final and third child a girl through 8th grade. We love the school district! Excellence in everything they do is not an understatement! No school district will be perfect, but if you compare Union with others it stands out like a sore thumb. Great teachers overall throuh the years, adminstration is top notch, and their programs are incrediable - bands, sports, drama, debate, spirit, dance, etc.....always winning state or coming close in most areas. Went to the drama production of Beauty and the Beast and thought it was at least college level in quality, and professional in every way. Great school district!

Posted October 04, 2009
The science teachers are great. They're eccentric but most have a passion for their subject and can teach in unique ways- I appreciate their honesty and openness.

Posted August 25, 2009
My children have gone to both private and public schools. I really like Union School District. The teachers appear to care and I like the Parent online system. Yes, there are cliques as there are in any school. I think the education system is up there with Jenks. It is a very large school system and I think if the parents keep their kids involved in clubs, sports,etc. They will have a easier time of finding their niche.

Posted August 24, 2009
I gotta say...all this stuff about Union not being welcoming enough has got me just about to scream. I haven't met a new kid that hasn't been talked to or welcomed. Most of the time, the new students just sit there when people try to talk to them. Union is a great school and unless you aren't friendly back, you will have a great time. I'll be a 2010 graduate and I love it here at Union!!

Posted August 02, 2009

Union High School
6636 South Mingo Rd, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Union High School is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top