No rating

St Pius X School

Private | PK-8

Living in Tulsa

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $76,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted March 11, 2014

I am a parent at this school. I'm glad the school is getting a new building but we really need a new principal. I'm sure some people will defend her but I have seen/heard about the way that she has treated many parents if they get on her bad side. The priest is a nice guy but responsible in that he does nothing to stop it. The school seems desperate for money and panders to those who are the "big donators".

Posted June 10, 2009

St. Pius X is an excellent school with dedicated and caring teachers and administration who strive to bring out the best in each student. The proof? Smiling faces all over campus; students who respect one another, themselves, and their school; and a community of families that are happy and proud to work together to continue the mission of this wonderful school. If you want well-rounded, self-confident, well-educated children, check out St. Pius X!

Posted May 22, 2009

I have two children at St. Pius and one that will begin there in a year. I absolutely love the school and the community that comes with it. My children are very happy as well which is important to me. The leadership at the school is excellent and I've found the principal to be very good at communicating with the parents. I'd highly recommend St. Pius X.

Posted October 9, 2008

I am a student at St. Pius currently and I think the school is wonderful, but some of the teachers doesn't exactly teach clearly and gives us homework that has nothing to do with what they are teaching us. Anyway I love this school alot and I don't think I want to graduate yet!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 20, 2008

St. Pius is definitely a 'great school' - my children are recieving an exemplary education, but at the same time they're amongst a wonderful group of children that are learning to become contributing members of society. The principal, who has just been with us for a year, has done a wonderful job and has really gotten everyone excited about the future of our school. If you're interested in the school, I would recommend you just check out the website, because it is full of information.

Posted August 28, 2007

I have children in preschool and kindergarten and absolutely love the environment. The teachers are caring and easy to get along with. My son is being challenged in kindergarten which I appreciate. St. Pius has an excellent Academic Bowl team that won the competition in the northeast region. St. Pius X won first among the Catholic Math Counts team in Tulsa. My point is that even the brightest children are challenged at Pius.

Posted August 28, 2007

We have three children at St. Pius X School and we are very happy to have them there. Our children are not only getting a fantastic education, but they experience a safe, caring, disciplined, spiritual-based environment. Our St. Pius X School community is unique because of our new energetic and visionary principal, our intelligent and nurturing teachers, and also our wonderful, involved parents. We feel strongly that this is the best place for our children to go to school.

Posted August 19, 2007

We are very excited for the new school year. Changes are being made, but they are subtle so that there is not a major upheaval for our children. As with any school, public or private, parent/family involvement is the key. Your child and your family will get out of St. Pius what you put into it. We've recently moved within 1 mile of another catholic school in Tulsa but choose to go OUT OF OUR WAY to bring our daughter back to school at St. Pius. We are looking for GREAT things to come in the future of St. Pius X School.

Posted August 7, 2007

We love this school and this community. Many exciting changes are on the horizon with our new principal and our 50th Anniversary. Parent involvement is a key part of the success we experience at St. Pius X.

Posted June 8, 2007

I have been very pleased with the quality of education my child has received at St. Pius. The accomplishments of the students has been impressive considering the size of the school. The teachers have been wonderful, and I love the community of parents here. I do not feel that money is what rules at this school, despite prior comments on this site. While there has been some conflict in the past, I'm very excited at the prospects for the school with the new principal coming in 2007-2008. I would highly recommend St. Pius to anyone wanting a caring, Catholic education for their child.

Posted May 18, 2007

We decided to move our child to St. Pius for middle school and have been sorely disappointed. The focus has not been on academics but rather in-fighting between parents and staff. It is my opinion that the parents with money or pull in the community run the school - not the School Administration. I thought our child would be getting a compassionate, nurturing Catholic education but what we found is something we could have gotten in a public education AND saved money. This school needs serious help. Not sure if we'll be back next year as many families have decided to jump ship.

Posted February 27, 2007

My children have received a good education at St. Pius from dedicated teachers. The community of families is strong. The new principal's challenge is to strive for continued improvement and not settle for acceptable.

Posted February 10, 2007

My children went to Pius for 2 years. The teachers were very caring, and classes were small. Education quality was average. The principal was very rigid, and did not appear to like children at all. We left because of the principal, and I don't regret the decision.

Posted September 11, 2006

We feel blessed to have had to opportunity to send our son to Pius. We moved out of state and found ourselves comparing every school we saw to Pius.The education our son received went well beyond what was required. He has excelled at his new school.The sense of community at Pius was amazing, they really have something special going there and we only hope we can find that again.

Posted April 23, 2006

I am also an alumni, but I think the English Literature was wonderful and well rounded, I went straight from these English classes to an Honors level English class in a selective private high school where I surpassed everyone in knowlege of grammar and writing experience. The math department however could use some work. But the community at St. Pius out weighs any of the negative. It is a caring, loving, and supportive community with a caring faculty and active parents.

Posted December 9, 2005

As an alumni of this school, I can tell you the academics are severely lacking. The English Literature is at subpar, the arts consisted of one low end choir class, and the foreign language education is virtually non-existant. I was a star student at St. Pius, and yet struggled to catch up with my peers in education at my high school that was also in Tulsa. I would say if you want your children to go to private school, invest a little more and send them to an academically diverse and superior private school. Otherwise, save your money and go public.

Posted November 13, 2004

To be totally honest I enrolled my child at Saint Pius X last year. And they are just now learning what my child learned the year before at his old school. Saint Pius has taught my child very little in his time at Saint Pius. I regret my decsion of transferring her.

Posted September 7, 2004

Great School! Great Preparation for High SChool.

Posted August 5, 2004

My children attend St. Pius and every year I am amazed that my children learn so much and still have so much fun that they don't want the school year to end. The teachers are all so nice and helpful. My children love St. Pius and I am going to send them back every year!

Posted February 23, 2004

I have had two children graduate from St. Pius X and have one child still there. The quality of education that my children have received can never be duplicated. It's a Catholic education that makes them better people by offering such close community support in and out of the classroom. Not only do the teachers prepare them academically, they are also wonderful mentors. The parents also play an important role. Everyone looks out for each other and treat you like family.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tulsa

• Volleyball

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1717 South 75th East Avenue