PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are positive role models for the students. They encourage their students to participate in the daily activities not just in the class room.

I love how friendly everyone is at MC. This school is more like a family.

Monte Cassino has been an excellent choice for our family. The teachers really bring out the best in the students, encourage morality, good decision making. The students recognize and appreciate each other's talents whether academic, athletic, musical etc. I find it to be a school where it is accepted to be smart, or talented, rather than stigmatized. The core Benedictine values can be appreciated regardless of your faith. Monte's Middle School teachers are top-notch and passionate about the kids and teaching. The have among the highest test scores in the state. The students come from all walks of life and backgrounds. The school has a lot of fun family events and fundraisers. We transferred to Monte late in Elementary School and I have found most families and staff to be very welcoming and helped ease the kids into their new environment, especially the school's Newcomer's Network. Overall a great learning institution and a great school!

I'm not a parent, but an observant family member of some Monte Cassino students. The teachers are fantastic, the curriculum is excellent and the kids seem happy, which is great, but the overall atmosphere leaves something to be desired, in my opinion. There seems to be an awful lot of elitism, social climbing, gossip and snobbery going on, with a good chunk of the parents trying to one-up or show off for each other in one way or another. The unwritten code here seems to be that one must drive the biggest most expensive SUV, the location of your home should be in the toniest of neighborhoods -- can anyone say Woody Crest? -- and everyone must know all the sordid details of the other students'/parents' lives (which family is getting a divorce, which kid's uninterested parents dumps him on the nanny 24/7, etc.) .

Beware if you have older students entering late into this school. Academically, it is great, but there are quite a few "mean girls" there. Unfortunately, the staff does not do much to put a stop to it, in fact, it seems that rumor spreading was almost encouraged. It has really shaken my faith in the Catholic Church. As stated in a previous review, this school is not what a christian school should be.

We have been at Monte for 6 years and I wouldn t want to be anywhere else. This school does it s best to maintain the highest standards, in every area from Technology to Personnel. My greatest issue is with the some of the parents. The same families who demand academic accountability in the ECLC are also the families who bring their kids to school late everyday. Personal accountability, anyone? The school can t enforce rules when parents don t, how can a second grader be held responsible for dress code issues when their parents bought their pink shoes? Most of the parents here are wonderful but it seems like the families who are most vocal about problems are only making them worse. Parents are the first teachers and if you don t start kids off on the right foot, it s very difficult for the school to change those problem behaviors. Overall, Monte Rocks!

As a parent with experience with schools in multiple states, I can tell you this is a great place to get your child through those awful, very trying middle school years. The homework is balanced, unlike a lot of other private schools that overload. I have found the teachers and counselor to be VERY responsive regarding any drama between the students (girls). My child says it is cool to be smart. My only problem with the curriculum is with the lack of creative writing in both the the ES and MS. But the Science lab in the MS is great, and the social studies teachers are fantastic.

My children are thriving at Monte Casssino! The curriculum is challenging, and the teachers are exceptional. The environment is loving, and the fact that God is a part of their everyday life, even at school, gives them a sense of peace and security. Pre-AP and CADRE classes are favorites of my children; and being part of a school that gives them such options is a priority. Based on the success of the Monte Cassino graduates before them, I know my children will be more than ready for high school when they graduate from MC.

Monte cassino is a very helpful school which expands the child's creativity and knowledge this school is very very good

Monte Cassino has an impressive academic background. I am a student attending Monte Cassino and I absolutely love this school. This is a great school that is influenced by kind nuns. The sisters are great with us. The middle school mass is fun because of the priest. He makes church fun to go to. We learn about moral decisions in sixth grade and the teachers are responsible and dedicated to their work. Unfortunately, I have had trouble with friends in the past and the homework can be stressful, but I have learned that there are many challenges in life and no matter how we handle them God will always be with us. Life is a test with hints of the future. I have learned that recieving a good education at Monte Cassino gives me a hint of a good future. Over all, I think this is a great school to attend.

Last modified Monte Cassino School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8