K-12|Private

Bad
Good

ACA is a non-denominational Christian classical school. We started our two kids here in kindergarten. Frankly, it was our second choice, but they're now in middle school/high school and we never looked back. This is a great - and unique - school. Small student body (most of our kids' classes have been <20 students) yet ethnically/economically diverse. One of its best features is its house system: Entire student body 6th - 12th is divided into four "houses" that compete in academics, community service, etc. This system provides a family-like atmosphere where younger kids are not shunned or picked on by the older kids. The kids in each house tutor each other; older kids mentor younger; they encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and work as a team. The system is also a great way to enfold new students. Older kids also help out in elementary classes. Cannot tell you how cool it is to be at a school function with my second- or third-grader and have high school kids I've never seen before come up to my kids and greet them BY NAME. Being small, the school does not have competitive sports, but they do have an awesome fine arts program. They also have a unique home school program and diploma track. Tuition is very reasonable compared to other private schools with scholarships and financial aid available.

I am an Alumnus of Saint Augustine Academy, now Augustine Christian Academy; I can say from personal experience that I was more than prepared to take on all responsibilities of a young man in today's world. I am not only capable of taking on my goals in life, but I am also able to do it while being a beacon of light to the world in Christ's name. ACA is the perfect school for any child any grade.

I have one child who has graduated from SAA (now Augustine Christian Academy) and was more than ready for college classes. His professors were impressed that he was not afraid to actually speak up in class, often when the rest of the class sat in silence. My second child is now in high school and I believe he also will be well prepared for college. The teachers are outstanding and truly want their students to succeed! Our family is glad we chose SAA/ACA for our students!

SAA is truly the best kept secret in Tulsa. The school is the only one I know of in Tulsa that offers Home Schoolers choices with their education. As a home schooler you can enroll in one class but your child can participate in any extra curricular activity. Not only was my child embraced by the students, but the teachers and staff made my husband and I feel like every other parent - IMPORTANT. They teach our children HOW to think...not just absorb, or to study for a test. They want their students to KNOW WHY. Research and reading is high on their list. But beyond all their high academics (They have had over 5 national merit scholars in their 11 years) is their passion for Christ. Everything activity at the school compels the students to have a passion and purpose for Christ. You MUST experience St. Augustine Academy for yourself!

My son is attending the K5 Program for the school year 2006 - 2007. I will agree with the other parent review that this school, its teachers, philosophy, and teaching methods are outstanding. My son also participated in the (very professionally done) production of a musical as a cast member. He was the youngest, and the older kids mentored him and made him feel just like one of the big kids! I highly, HIGHLY recommend this school as a Godly alternative to public schools!

Last modified St. Augustine Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12