Aurora, OR

Posted August 26, 2014
Educationally very typical of all schools in Oregon. Exceeds at providing opportunities for kids to participate, lead and be active in clubs, athletics, etc... I value the ability to make a team, lead a club, impact your class and school. NM is the perfect size and environment for this. Kids choosing other schools just might get a better education, but they'll also likely miss out of many of the very important aspects that make the school experience very valuable.

Posted August 09, 2012
I have had two children graduate from North Marion after attending for 12 years, one in 2009 and the other in 2012. Both of them went on to 4 year universities. As with any school the success of a student has to do with their attitude and that of their parents. My children received a good education but did not have the opportunities of the larger schools in Portland. On the other hand they grew up in a very strong community that takes responsibility for each other, they would not have that in a large district. The HS advanced math teacher is amazing and changed the way my kids think about math. She actually made calculus fun. The music dept. is also very strong under the leadership of a former music professor that really likes kids. N Marion offers the basics but doesn't have the size or resources to offer many extras. The current principal achieved an 'outstanding state rating' after just three years of leadership. She is one of the best things to happen to the HS in a long time. I choose to raise my kids in a rural community rather than in Portland Metro. I made the right decision and am proud of the women my kids grew into.

Posted March 12, 2011
I attended north marion and in no way was prepared for college. In fact, most teachers let me slide because I was big into sports. After taking my placement test at a four year college I soon realized how much I didn't know. Math and Science fall far short of what students should know before attending college. I recommend if you want your kids to learn and are in the district.....MOVE, Its worth your kids education.

Posted November 11, 2010
This school is bad. bad bad bad. dont move in the area, it is just bad news. this school is an wonderful example of the problems in america.

North Marion High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
strong special education program to support students with special needs.

Posted September 24, 2010
My children have had the honor of attending N. marion for the last two years. We moved here from Las Vegas to give our kids a chance. I can only compare ourexperience to that. Since being at N. Marion our son has made a turn around I keep up communication with all of his teachers and have found them to be amazing at the HS MS IS schools. From a child that has always hated school and at times cried at having to go, has signed up for a zero period. He was bullied and the next day police wereinvolved in comparison he has a knife pulled on him off campus the school did nothing even allowed the bully to be placed in the same class. I cant say anything about what used to be for N.marion but from what I can see the now its stil above average with heart

Posted April 02, 2010
I have to agree with other reviewer that said they look for the worst instead of the best in students most teachers and staff are very negative and try to squash the student spirit , my child is special needs and the high school has no qualified staff to help these kids succeed, they give conflicting rules and advice that leads to student failure,this is the best school in our area so I would suggest no body buy a house in this entire area,woodburn ,hubbard and surrounding areas

Posted March 16, 2010

Posted September 17, 2009
Great primary K-2 and Intermediate 3-5 school. Terrific reading program. all schools are located on one campus.

North Marion High School 3

Posted May 02, 2009
My son attends the middle school. Most of the teachers are wonderful, caring individuals. However, the administration is highly autocratic and is constantly looking for the worst in students. I feel sorry for the teachers having to put up with this 'us vs. them' mentality.

North Marion High School
20167 Grim Rd NE, Aurora, OR  97002
Last modified North Marion High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Marion High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top