Bad
Good

each weekend my son is unhappy. he wants going to school everyday.

Strong volunteers and parent involvement, which helps the school achieve and experience a great deal. Fantastic staff!!!

Our child is attending this school. I think it is fantastic if your child is following well in the mainstream, but they are on an IEP I feel they just move them along to make their numbers. There needs to be a stronger special education program when a child isn't quite severe enough to be in SRC and not quite there to be in mainstream. There needs to be a middle ground.

Sexton Mountain elementary is a nice, open public elementary school. I am in the fifth grade there and I am having a great time. I have gone there since kindergarten, and all in all I have had a pretty good experience. Kindergarten wasn't the best. First grade the teacher was awesome but the kids were mean. Second and Third grade I had an amazing teacher but there were some bullying issues. Fourth grade was another good teacher and okay kids.So far in fifth grade I am learning so much not just in academics but also about life. Here at Sexton Mountain, the 5th grade is the center of the school. You get to do many amazing things. I have no other school to compare it with, but I rate SMES 4 stars.

I have two daughters at this school. Each daughter has different skills and needs. One needs to be challenged and the other needs a slower pace. BOTH children love this school and cannot wait to go every day. Sometimes I think they might be having too much fun and need more academics but test scores are high. Parents are extremely supportive. It is a great school. We moved into the neighborhood for this school.

One of the best rated schools in the Beaverton School District. I am so impressed by the reading skills of my grandchildren.

I have 2 boys who are currently attending Sexton Mountain. All I can say is this school has amazing teachers ,though of course there are a few questionable ones, but what school doesn't? The support staff is also a tremendous asset to this school; they show great amount of care and concern for the students. There are also some fantastic parents who give so much of their time in volunteering to help not only the teachers but the students benefit greatly from these parent volunteers! This is a great school for students and parents alike.

Very happy with this school. My daughter is 8yo and we feel she receives the attention she needs to keep her going strong. She does very well in school and were worried she'd get bored. The teachers have been able to keep her challenged and are very responsive when situations are less than ideal with other students. We've had two bullying situations and the teachers and staff did an extraordinarily good job at handling it. Home work is well thought out.

My child attended this school for two years. I was extremely disappointed with the academics and the response of teachers regarding bullying both on the playground and in the classroom. The homework was non existent and when I asked to challenge the student nothing was done. I have since removed my child from this school and will be enrolling them elsewhere.

Wonderful and caring environment. Education is geared to the individual child and is developmentally appropriate. Principal is approachable and kind.

Last modified Sexton Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.