Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Sexton Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2016
Strong volunteers and parent involvement, which helps the school achieve and experience a great deal. Fantastic staff!!!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 24, 2016
How do you say thank you? How do you convey gratitude to the people who work with your precious ones day after day? Mrs. Dawn Kimball is not just a Librarian, but managed to squeeze in time to teach about life. She helps children learn to share, to be kind and to treat one another with respect. Her extra care and devotion to helping the students who are on the autism spectrum is incredible. Every one leaves at the end of the school year ahead of where they were in the beginning of the year because of her dedication and commitment, as well as helping the students and parents feel valued. We are truly lucky to have such a remarkable person at our school. I hope others are as fortunate.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
My daughter was in Mrs. Olson's 3rd grade class last year. She has helped my girl to boost her confidence, guide her to excel in many areas and turned her around to be a positive and confident girl in the class. She paid attention to all students in class and spent time to know each one of them. She helped each student to believe in themselves and encourage them to achieve more than they think possible. We need more wonderful teachers like Mrs. Olson to nurture kids at young age, to enjoy school, making new friends, respect educators and dream a big dream! Thank you Mrs. Olson!

Sexton Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2014
Our child is attending this school. I think it is fantastic if your child is following well in the mainstream, but they are on an IEP I feel they just move them along to make their numbers. There needs to be a stronger special education program when a child isn't quite severe enough to be in SRC and not quite there to be in mainstream. There needs to be a middle ground.

Sexton Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2014
Sexton Mountain elementary is a nice, open public elementary school. I am in the fifth grade there and I am having a great time. I have gone there since kindergarten, and all in all I have had a pretty good experience. Kindergarten wasn't the best. First grade the teacher was awesome but the kids were mean. Second and Third grade I had an amazing teacher but there were some bullying issues. Fourth grade was another good teacher and okay kids.So far in fifth grade I am learning so much not just in academics but also about life. Here at Sexton Mountain, the 5th grade is the center of the school. You get to do many amazing things. I have no other school to compare it with, but I rate SMES 4 stars.

Posted November 09, 2013
I have two daughters at this school. Each daughter has different skills and needs. One needs to be challenged and the other needs a slower pace. BOTH children love this school and cannot wait to go every day. Sometimes I think they might be having too much fun and need more academics but test scores are high. Parents are extremely supportive. It is a great school. We moved into the neighborhood for this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
One of the best rated schools in the Beaverton School District. I am so impressed by the reading skills of my grandchildren.

Posted May 09, 2011
I have 2 boys who are currently attending Sexton Mountain. All I can say is this school has amazing teachers ,though of course there are a few questionable ones, but what school doesn't? The support staff is also a tremendous asset to this school; they show great amount of care and concern for the students. There are also some fantastic parents who give so much of their time in volunteering to help not only the teachers but the students benefit greatly from these parent volunteers! This is a great school for students and parents alike.

Posted March 07, 2011
Very happy with this school. My daughter is 8yo and we feel she receives the attention she needs to keep her going strong. She does very well in school and were worried she'd get bored. The teachers have been able to keep her challenged and are very responsive when situations are less than ideal with other students. We've had two bullying situations and the teachers and staff did an extraordinarily good job at handling it. Home work is well thought out.

Posted August 01, 2008
My child attended this school for two years. I was extremely disappointed with the academics and the response of teachers regarding bullying both on the playground and in the classroom. The homework was non existent and when I asked to challenge the student nothing was done. I have since removed my child from this school and will be enrolling them elsewhere.

15645 SW Sexton Mtn Dr, Beaverton, OR  97007
Last modified Sexton Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.