Posted September 18, 2014
My children have been attending Nature Discovery School for six years - started in preschool and now in 4th grade. Never intended to stay this long but was so pleased with their preschool program, I continued on through kindergarten. My son and daughter both learned more in kindergarten than most public schools teach in first grade. Wasn't willing to risk them being bored and unchallenged in public school so have continued on with NDS. We attend the school for the education and the community. The Christian aspect is a bonus. The building and grounds are wonderful and always being improved. I appreciate being surrounded by other families who are committed to their children's education. I believe with public school that you get what you pay for. I'm disappointed to see the negative reviews but based on their content, they are easily discounted. My child is far exceeding the state standards and is tested every year.

Posted July 07, 2014
My son attended Nature Discovery School last year and will be attending next year. I am so very grateful that my son gets to attend a school that teaches Christian values and cares about my son. I am so pleased with how hard each and every teacher works for the students and look forward to next year!

Posted May 11, 2014
Nature Discovery School is the best! We couldn't be happier with our child's continued success there. She is challenged by loving, caring, experienced teachers, and there's nothing better than seeing a child who's excited about school and working up to their full potential. Teachers, keep up the good work!

Nature Discovery School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
If your top priority is Bible study, you'll be happy with this school. Even their math books are "From a Christian Perspective", whatever that means. If your top priority is education, particularly science education, you will be disappointed. My child's "science" class was nothing but what we used to call Health. No science at all. I am puzzled by the beautiful school building comments. It is a white metal shed next to a farm field. You would be forgiven for thinking it was a barn. If you are busy and want group Christian home schooling, NDS is the place to be. If you want a good school that includes Christian values, keep looking. Reciting the Pledge is great, but how about teaching the kids too?

Posted February 26, 2014
This is truely a gem of a school. They have small class sizes and the teaching staff is dedicated and ambituous about providing a superb education to the students. They moved to a new location that is absolutely gorgeous and fitting for their hands-on nature focused curriculum. Its a great christian based environment and they uphold traditional values like reciting the pledge of alegence every morning. Plus they have affordable tuition. Because of this they do rely on parents to be involved by volunteering time and organizing fundraisers, but in my honest opinion that's how it should be!

Posted February 17, 2014
I rated the school 5 stars (but if they offered half stars it would be 4.5), but all schools have room for improvement. As an educator in a public school, there are things both present and lacking in NDS; but for us (my spouse is an public school teacher as well), the benefits far outweigh my few complaints. Comp: The school is 90% finished. If you want your kid going to a school with baseboard trim in the halls, this is not the school for you. As it is, the school is constantly fundraising to put the finishing touches on the beautiful school. Go physically look at the school grounds and see if you've ever seen a more beautiful and fitting setting for a school with the title: Nature Discovery School. Complaint #2: No buses. Every parent drives their kid to school, and to field trips. The field trips are getting better organized, but still have some details to work out. Pro #1: Dedicated staff. They are there all the time. Unlike my own school, if you want to talk to a teacher, they are there, and they love our kids. Pro#2: Full curriculum. The teachers are not all certified (master's degree), but music/art/PE/Bible/ + core are taught. Happy with my kid's progress.

Nature Discovery School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
This year they are holding class in a building that is still under construction. Although they are well-meaning, they do not have the skill or resources to run to school.

Nature Discovery School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
Be aware that the Christian values they teach include teaching children to fear God. They discipline by humiliation and control. Along with low state testing scores and they are not up to benchmark standards with the rest of the state. My child took major steps backwards after being under the instruction of a very inexperienced teacher.

Nature Discovery School
90890 River Road, Eugene, OR  97404
Last modified Nature Discovery School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Nature Discovery School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top