No rating

Grace Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 2 students

Living in Gladstone

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $182,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted January 10, 2009

Grace Christian is a really good school. The teachers are very loving and chapel each week is taught by an awesome woman of God. The Abeka curriculum is a little tough and over the top. I wish they would mix in other curriculum for subjects such as science and math which Abeka is known to have some kinks with. They have expanded through highschool and the new buildings are very nice. I reccommend the school because of it's Christ centeredness, good teachers and affordable cost.

Posted January 4, 2009

As a parent who had both of my children here for 4 years I can honestly say that real Christian values need to be re-examined by the owners of this school. I have witnessed first hand much unfair treatment to staff and favortism among their own relatives who work there. Also money mis-management, secrets, and promises made that never happened. Such as working bathrooms, safe playground equipment, and fair treatment for persons who are not related to the owners. As a parent who has never missed a field trip, classroom party, or opportunity to help my children's teachers, I was very dissapointed to have to remove my children from this school. Some of the teachers here are wonderful and I can only imagine they stay for the sake of the children!

Posted December 30, 2008

Overall GCS is a great school. My oldest has attended for 9 1/2 years. At times I have questioned the qualifications of choices of teachers made by leadership. I have to weigh it against the big picture. Does the good out weigh the bad? For me yes. The fact that my kids love coming to school and love learning,they have the freedom to worship God and pray in school, and uphold the values that America was founded on out weigh how fancy the school is or isn't. No school is perfect, and as a parent we should not set those demands if we are not willing to do more than just drive up to the door and drop our kids off as we complain about what the school is lacking. We have to be willing to continue teaching our kids how to give back and make it the very best possible.

Posted December 15, 2008

GCS has come a long way since their doors have opened many years ago. They now have seperate buildings to accommodate the Jr. High and High School students. They have Art, Computer Lab, and Spanish teachers. As for extra curricular activities, they now have a successful dance team - which have won 1st place trophies last year - and participation is up for this sport. If parents are happy with this school, then they should help make it even better by donating funds, supplies, volunteering, or anything that can help. The reward will be the greatest gift - your children's education.

Posted November 20, 2008

My daughter started at GCS last year as a pre-schooler. Although she could go to public school for free this year, I gladly pay the tuition to keep her in a place where she is not only taught basics at an advanced level, but her moral character and values are also highly regarded. Although the building is not new by any means, the staff have only one priority; the children and their relationships in life and with God. The facility is not filthy. I love that all parents are encouraged to help out in any way possible. I don't think I would feel as connected to my child's education and personal development if she were to go to public school. As long as there are finances to do so, I will keep her at Grace.

Posted November 19, 2008

Grace Christian School has been our school of choice for many years. Now that they have expanded their Jr High and High School I plan on keeping all of my children there. I highly recommend this school located in Gladstone Oregon. Upon reading another comment of students having behavioral issues, I find that to be a false statement.

Posted August 25, 2008

As one of the least expensive private schools in the Portland area, Grace Christian draws a fair number of kids with behavioral issues. Staff are generally Christians, but students are not necessarily. The homeschool curriculum used (Abeka) is top-notch, but teachers aren't required to have a degree or certification of any kind. There are no background checks for staff or volunteers. Facilities are filthy and in disrepair.

Posted October 15, 2007

Other than the lack of extra curricular activities I think this school is wonderful. THe teachers are very supportive and caring and everyone is very involved.

Posted April 28, 2007

GCS has a great curricular!! They don't have music, sports, etc. but it is a great school!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 24, 2007

Small, but growing. They are expanding this year (2007). Great Christian Atmosphere and focus.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (503) 655-1704

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious