Bad
Good

Posted December 13, 2013
We chose this school for the dual language program. My daughter is in kindergarten and has a wonderful teacher and very involved with teaching the class in Spanish. The dual language parent nights that the school offers are great and I am excited that she is in the program. The principal is great and involved.

Eastwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2012
This could be a really good school but has really fallen. Hopefully if there is new leadership in the future it can turn around.

Eastwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2012
The principal of Eastwood is the 2nd longest termed principal in the Hillsboro school district. This is Eastwood's #1 problem. They have no where else to put her so they stuck her at Eastwood. She is unprofessional, disrespectful and incompetent. She is hardly ever at the school, and does not attend most meetings. There is no forum or opportunity to learn or discuss matters affecting Eastwood. We need a strong leader to support our teachers. The office staff is openly negative and gossipy in front of guests and parents. Eastwood grades and state test scores say it all. Eastwood needs serious help and a leader and teachers that want it to succeed. We are crossing our fingers that our transfer goes through!

Eastwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2011
My first daughter finished Kindergarten last year and had such a fabulous experience that she has fallen in love with school. Which at this age is all you can hope for right? My second daughter will be starting at Eastwood this year and is so excited. So far we have enjoyed the school, the teachers and the other staff. I look forward to continuing on this adventure with Eastwood.

Eastwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
I have two kids attending Eastwood. Most of the teachers are great but the swap around a little to much. The principal is unprofessional does not care enough about the students to attend meetings that request her presence and the office staff is rude and hard to work with. Any help that my children have received has taken a huge battle with the school because the administration has no care for the children as individuals. You definitely get the feeling that your children do not matter to the principal as much as the money they get for them filling a seat. If it wasn't for the amazing Special Education staff we would have been gone a year ago. I don't understand how so many have complained about the principal but yet she is still there

Posted June 17, 2009
Both of my children went all the way through Eastwood. I see the ratings aren't very high, and I don't know why. All of my kids' teachers have really cared about the children personally, and the staff is excellent. They are learning and having fun, and making friends. If I had another child, I'd gladly send him through Eastwood.

Posted April 29, 2009
I volunteer at the school and have found it to be a very warm and encouraging environment. The staff are wonderful and are very concerned with the 'best interest' of all the children. The principal is amazing and always welcoming. I have truly enjoyed the time my children have spent at Eastwood.

Posted April 29, 2009
I have 3 children who attend Eastwood and have found the expeience to great. The teachers and office staff are welcoming and very happy. The attention my children recieved borders on the amazing knowing that the teachers are stretched as thin as they are. The only downside to the school is the PTA. They don't seem to have the school or the childrens needs in the forefront. Special thanks to the Principal - she is wonderful!

Eastwood Elementary School

Posted March 10, 2009
I have volunteered at the school, am not treated respectfully by teachers, my private concerns for my children's education is shared and ridiculed with other parent helpers. The comfort level for volunteering at the school is zero. An unfortunate situation by far. I appreciate the district response for situations that are not able to be addressed at the school level, as often times staff is overwhelmed.

Posted September 06, 2008
I am sad to see all of the negativity that s circulated around this school. The teachers at Eastwood are highly qualified, competent people who put in far more hours than required. Despite this, parents often question their practices and go straight to the principal (the same principal that they claim is unfair and doesn t support them) to voice their distaste in how their children are being taught. These are the same parents who send out e-mails bad mouthing the principal, or go to the district office in order to get the results that they want. What these people don t realize is that they are making things harder for everyone at Eastwood each and every time they start this high school nonsense. I think that what this school really needs are parents who are willing to support the students and staff instead of complaining whenever they don t get their way.

Eastwood Elementary School
2100 NE Lincoln St, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified Eastwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.