Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 29, 2015
Former teacher probably Misses Macintosh who was probably an exception to the horror I suffered as a child and was actually the best teacher I had at the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 29, 2015
Some were very effective, misses Macintosh? Very good at teaching Algerbra. There was a British woman though back there, old lady, Very cruel, very cold, it was distracting.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 29, 2015
Back in the 1990s? way too much. It was overburdening and extremely ridicolous but then again my IQ levels were extremely high and that for whatever reason wasn't enough to get me out of being inundated in paperwork. My test scores were high but I had low grades because TOO MUCH HOMEWORK. Nobody ever realized that this meant I wasn't being challenged by the course work.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
Well; I mean part of the Experience of being bullied terribly did make me Determined to get the hell out of there. But that's not exactly a compliment.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 29, 2015
Again I was repeatedly insulted harassed and Denigrated by students, if I did report this they would tell me that that's just part of life and I needed to "learn to get along." with "people I don't like" and "that's just life." Needless to say my Income levels are rising i'm an investor and I've found later in life If I don't get along with you I don't have to put up with you for even a second.

Posted June 13, 2015
Great teachers, great community and support! Interim principal was not my favorite person for some poor decisions, but looking forward to what the new principal has to offer. I only wish the tons of kindergarteners could get there space in the school back instead of the 10 children who will now use it. Seems like the needs of a few outweighed the needs of many more on this decision. I feel moving every class in the school was a rash and poor decision.

Posted May 26, 2015
This school is incredible. Both of my kids go there and they love it there.

Posted March 31, 2015
We are so happy that our children are at Jackson Elementary. It is truly a community of hard working staff , involved parents and really great kids. A lot of the school staff live right in the neighborhood and their kids attend the school adding to the tight knit community atmosphere. The teachers put everything into our children helping each one out as if each child was their own. The teachers and parents put on so many great after school programs (chess, lego, art, music). The PTA is such a strong supporter of our school, each grade is able to learn and experience so many great things ( OMSI, Oregon Zoo, Theater productions, Outdoor School, BIZ Town) thanks to PTA. Our school calendar is also filled with so many fun family friendly community nights (back to school social, fall festival, movie night, bingo night, spring fling, family games night, moms & muffins, dads & donuts). Our children are thriving at Jackson, thank you to all of the teachers and staff!!

Posted March 31, 2015
We can not say enough wonderful things about Jackson Elementary School!! The teachers, the staff, the parents who volunteer, the families who make this such a wonderful community. The teachers do their very best to help each student if they need more help or to be challenged more. The after school programs that are offered are wonderful. The family friendly evenings are the best to get to know more families that you see in passing everyday. So thankful for the great teachers, great staff and great PTA that Jackson Elementary has.

Posted March 16, 2015
I have 3 children that have gone (or are going) through this school starting at Kindergarten. The teachers, and staff are incredibly friendly. The kids, and other parents are also friendly, and everyone in PTA is committed to make Jackson School a great educational institution. My only minor concern is the interim principle, but this should be resolved soon.

675 NE Estate Dr, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.