Keizer, OR
Students enrolled: 2,047

Posted February 02, 2014
Great Faculty, Great staff And Great students! We're one of the BEST in Wrestling, Lacrosse, Football and Track

Mcnary High School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I am currently a student at McNary, and I've got to say, while it isn't the greatest school out there, it gets the job done. Students have so many great opportunities to pursue whatever dream they have, while learning the required academic material. The music/theater/fine arts department is absolutely outstanding. The teachers and directors are amazing. Couldn't ask for better programs. Yes, the classes are a little over crowded.. but we make it work. Pretty much all the teachers are great and they make sure everyone gets the help they need. The only thing that might sway a parent's decision to send their child here would be that there is absolutely no censor to anything. I mean, you will get that anywhere you go, but McNary is sketchy in that way. Not really a dress code, teachers see things that probably shouldn't be happening and don't do anything about it, some kids just leave school and aren't questioned.. but other than that it's a great school. I'm really happy I got the chance to go to school here.

Mcnary High School 3

Posted March 18, 2011
I have gone to salem/keizer public schools my whole education. I liked most of my teachers at Mc Nary and most of the schools polices. I have attention deficit disorder which the school some how failed to reconize for all my school years even though my doctor has reconized this for six years or so. There is definatley a sizable group of future drug addicts beware. The police and campus security try hard to be on top of tradiness and smoking at lunch breaks but fail to notice the possible meth lab a few houses down the street where the kids chose to smoke. Kids who act up should probably get more attention at school. I really did write this with good intentions nothing I have written is true to the best of my knowledge. I struggeled immensly in school and wish all other future students the best. Mc nary is awesome compared to Mc kay.

Posted February 20, 2011
My husband and I intentionally chose McNary High School for its' quality of education and wide socio-economic and cultural diversity it offered our children . Keizer is proudly a "one high school town", with residents who care for each other, truly a great village in which to raise kids. This is unique and special, and a very good reason all four of our children are excelling in college. They took advantage of AP courses and activities, including music and athletics, and while this isn't a perfect place (there isn't one out there) they were well prepared academically, socially and emotionally to enter the next chapter of their lives. What greater testimony is there?

Posted May 25, 2010
My son attends the school and I must say I am impressed with the programs and curriculum the school offers. My son actually "likes" his school. He has been happy with his teachers overall, gets good grades and says that the teachers are willing to work with any student who asks for extra help with their studies. My son is involved with the choir and I can't say enough about the music program. Salem-Keizer hires the best music directors and it shows. The Honors Choir took second place in the State Competition and won first place in Best of The Northwest. this month. He is also involved in sports. I feel these programs have done a great job in helping my son become a well rounded disciplined young man, who has experienced the rewards that come with hard work and is ready to take on the challenges that await him in

Posted September 28, 2008

Posted September 19, 2008

Mcnary High School 2

Posted November 12, 2007
- a former student
I went to this school. On the good side of things, the teachers there are great. They are always willing to help out and I thoroughly enjoyed being in class. Ms. Young was amoungst one of the greatest teacher's I've ever had and I remember the lessons she taught everyday. Thank you to all the teachers who do not let others influence the way they teach and let students find out who they are.

Posted October 30, 2007

Posted October 05, 2007
I love the school the teachers are really involved and helpful and they do everything possible to help you . The students are all really nice and everyone pretty much gets along.

Mcnary High School
595 Chemawa Rd North, Keizer, OR  97303
Last modified Mcnary High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcnary High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top