Bad
Good

Interesting the previous review. I am a parent with two children at Lowell. My children are in 7th and 5th grade. They added a second math class to the 7th & 8th grade, because across the board (all schools in Oregon) our students are below average in Math. The school is getting the kids what they need and I applaud that. This is a small school and they do more with less every day. I see the kids of this school working hard, I also see kids who don't respect the school, stealing education from everyone because their parents don't respect the school, so why should they. You are going to get out of it, what you put into it. I have the ability to be in the school and volunteer. I see where help is needed and do what I can. In a time where most schools in Oregon are making cuts and big ones, that isn't happening here, Lowell has a full calender. I think your anger would be better served if directed at the Legislature. Ask them why they are funding Education at 5.6 Million when their own plan requires a base funding of 8.75M to educated the children of this state per their mandate. I suggest you get involved at what ever level you can, and make a difference.

I don't know if these other "good" reviews are fixed or if the school has just gone way down hill in the past few years, but this is by far one of the WORST public schools I've ever wittnessed! We just moved to Oregon last year & my daughter begged me to let her go to the local school so that she could meet some kids in the area....BIG mistake!!! The children are horrible to each other, extreeme bullying is ignored by teachers and especially the principal. The kids have only 2 books, SS & Math (they didn't even have that till months after school started)....no English or Science books. Most of the kids are failing Math & they even brought in a 2nd Math class in place of PE (yes they take 2 math classes per day & most are still failing & at least a yr behind). There is hardly ever any homework or ways for parents to help the kids at home (if you ask the teachers they simply direct you to the school website). There is no cafateria, the kids go the elementry school to eat or wander off campus to local stores (or just skip & go home) with no one around to stop them or even care. If you are new to the area, don't make the mistake I did, keep your kids OUT of this school!!!

A lot of 1 on 1 help. Teachers willing to stay after and help students struggling with studies, great sports programs, small and friendly environment.

I've been going to Lowell since 7th grade and I'm now a senior. It's small but nice and with our new Principal taking charge we are seeing some major improvements from the quality of education to the quality of teachers. We have some great teachers and some not so great ones but doesn't every school? In a few years I believe Lowell will be the best it's ever been.

Last modified Lowell Junior/Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.