Posted June 18, 2012
Interesting the previous review. I am a parent with two children at Lowell. My children are in 7th and 5th grade. They added a second math class to the 7th & 8th grade, because across the board (all schools in Oregon) our students are below average in Math. The school is getting the kids what they need and I applaud that. This is a small school and they do more with less every day. I see the kids of this school working hard, I also see kids who don't respect the school, stealing education from everyone because their parents don't respect the school, so why should they. You are going to get out of it, what you put into it. I have the ability to be in the school and volunteer. I see where help is needed and do what I can. In a time where most schools in Oregon are making cuts and big ones, that isn't happening here, Lowell has a full calender. I think your anger would be better served if directed at the Legislature. Ask them why they are funding Education at 5.6 Million when their own plan requires a base funding of 8.75M to educated the children of this state per their mandate. I suggest you get involved at what ever level you can, and make a difference.

Posted April 17, 2012
I don't know if these other "good" reviews are fixed or if the school has just gone way down hill in the past few years, but this is by far one of the WORST public schools I've ever wittnessed! We just moved to Oregon last year & my daughter begged me to let her go to the local school so that she could meet some kids in the area....BIG mistake!!! The children are horrible to each other, extreeme bullying is ignored by teachers and especially the principal. The kids have only 2 books, SS & Math (they didn't even have that till months after school started)....no English or Science books. Most of the kids are failing Math & they even brought in a 2nd Math class in place of PE (yes they take 2 math classes per day & most are still failing & at least a yr behind). There is hardly ever any homework or ways for parents to help the kids at home (if you ask the teachers they simply direct you to the school website). There is no cafateria, the kids go the elementry school to eat or wander off campus to local stores (or just skip & go home) with no one around to stop them or even care. If you are new to the area, don't make the mistake I did, keep your kids OUT of this school!!!

Posted February 12, 2008
A lot of 1 on 1 help. Teachers willing to stay after and help students struggling with studies, great sports programs, small and friendly environment.

Posted December 20, 2007
I've been going to Lowell since 7th grade and I'm now a senior. It's small but nice and with our new Principal taking charge we are seeing some major improvements from the quality of education to the quality of teachers. We have some great teachers and some not so great ones but doesn't every school? In a few years I believe Lowell will be the best it's ever been.

Posted July 22, 2006

Lowell Junior/Senior High School 5

Posted May 12, 2006
I have went to lowell since I was in kindergaden and now I am a freshman and I couldnt see there being any where else id rather go. Lowell has given me alot of opportunities that I might not of gotten at a big school. Like making varsity in three sports my freshman year. The people who get the most out of lowell are the people who put everything into lowell. People who do sports or strive to do better in their life are ment for lowell high school. Our school has improved alot since we got rid of some students that made lowell not fun to be at.

Posted January 11, 2006
- a former student
I attended Lowell high school from sixth grade to about the first semester of ninth! I have been to alot of schools and that by far was the WORST!! The teachers are horrible and dont know how to get students to listen to them and they haver a horrible math program! I am now going to Sheldon and it is a million times better and there are many more oppurtunities! And also Lowell is a VERY racist school it is really sad how ignorant alot of people there are almost all of the teachers and most of the students! And the principal could care less what happens to anybody like if a punk kid puts bleach on your shirt that shouldnt have been in the class room, and then nobody PAYS FOR IT!! 500 THUMBS DOWN do not go there you will regret it!

Posted February 05, 2005
I attended Lowell in kindergarted, and then 5th grade through now- my 12th grade year. I couldn't see going to any other school. The teachers, well...there are a few I dislike, but they can teach pretty well, and principal is cool. Most who attend have been there since kindergarten, so we've all pretty much grown up together. I feel that I am recieving a great education, along with many others who I'm sure would say the same. The sports are great. We may not win all the time or even at all sometimes, but we have them. this year our basket ball teams are doing great, expecially the boys. They're better than they have been in a long time, thanx to Ray. And I love the block schedule, It's so much better. We also have maybe 7-8 foreign exchange students. They are so awesome! It's gonna be so sad when they have to go.

Posted February 03, 2005
- a former student
I absolutly hated attending lowell high school. the teachers didnt care if you got in any fights, they didnt teach properly,and the principal didnt even check lockers for drugs or weapons. it is a very racist school,and it happened to be the worst school i have ever attended. people say that the town is very involved,that is the biggest lie i have ever heard.dont raise your child in an enviornment like this,because you will regret it.

Posted September 12, 2004
I went to Lowell for 9 years and I absolutly hated it! The teachers didn't care if you needed help or not and the pricipal was a complete idiot. Kids were getting beat up on the school bus and all he said was (and I quote) 'What am I supposed to do about it?' What kind of leadership is that? The education was horrible and it was just the worst years of my life. Now that I switched schools, I love school. I actually get an education!

Lowell Junior/Senior High School
65 South Pioneer St, Lowell, OR  97452
Last modified Lowell Junior/Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Junior/Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top