Posted September 29, 2013
My children both go to Abraham Lincoln Elementary school, in Medford, Oregon. My daughter had a very easy transition into school. but unfortunately it was harder for my son who began kindergarden one year later. He was having outbursts, not paying attention, not keeping his hands to himself, and would constantly interrupt his teacher who was a new teacher to the school. I was upset and didn't know what to do. His teacher and the prinicipal met with my husband and I soon after the start of the year to address the issues and work out a behavior plan. Through his teacher (Ms. Alpers) and the prinicipal's feedback I thought he may have ADHD so I took him to a mental health provider who later diagnosed him. He is now in first grade and is doing better. We are still having behaviors, but they are few and far between and the communication between all of us is so good that we can address issues quickly. Overall I feel the school truly cares about Kevan's education. They have been very supportive and helpful.

Posted October 09, 2010
They have a superb reading program and lots of computer resources in the library for students.

Posted March 01, 2008
My family relocated to Medford from the Oregon Coast. We had the opportunity to review, interview, conduct on-site visits, and do enough research to make a good decision on the school we wanted our two children to attend. We are so pleased and grateful we chose Abraham Lincoln. The staff is welcoming to both children and parents, the facilities are top-notch, and the instruction is done with such and nurturing to the children. We are not sure about the higher rating of a couple other schools because surely the kids are given equal or better learning tools and environment. Take into consideration the over-rated cost of housing near those schools cramped by city streets and traffic; and I'll take the quiet country natural surroundings of ALE anyday. Bang for your buck, the best school around.

Posted September 07, 2007

Posted June 06, 2004
I was fortunate enough to have my son attend ALE this year and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. He was cared for, taught in a fun and engaging way, and his reading and math skills improved immensely. The principal (Mr. Hartwig) sets the tone with a caring environment for all children and staff. He was never so much as grouchy the entire year! His office staff are top notch in every way- patient, efficient, and kind. My son's teacher was informative, always open to discuss my son's accomplishments as well as his educational needs. The communication between parents and staff was outstanding and the number of community building activities (like Bingo Night and Skate Night, to name only a few) were exceptional ways to help people come together at ALE. We were truly blessed to have spent the year at ALE. -A devoted and thankful parent

Posted September 22, 2003

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
3101 McLoughlin Dr, Medford, OR  97504
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top