North Bend Senior High School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
This school has some good things about it, but the principle is a bully my son graduated there and he bullied him so bad that he is out two years and still has anger because of the bullying.

Posted January 15, 2011
The new policy in the school this year is great. A failing grade in the standerized class (which are most) is a D. Also, if you have missing work or need to make up a test because of failing grade you have to be in 8th period on friday. Which means classes are shortened on Fridays for this. Giving many more students insentive to pass classes and keep up in school. Kids also just needing help in classes can go. The adminstration is great, and strict on skipping class. The Naggers we have for Juniors and Seniors is great, and help a lot getting scholarships in order. One thing that I could say bad in the school is the counclers, I have never had a problem getting the schedule I want or the help I need. But, many others have. The Link Crew they have is a great way for Freshman to learn the ropes and stay caught up in class with the help of Upper-Classman. The food in the school is also ok, but the cooks (some not all) can be rude as can be. But, most leave or walk to the mall for lunch.

North Bend Senior High School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
This school is horrible. Because of the tight-knit community, many students are favored or given privileges because of a parental connection to the teacher. Millions are donated to the football program while budgets cause teachers to be fired. As a student that had spent 3 years of HS in AZ, I was thoroughly disappointed with nbhs. The HS requirements are filled with unnecessary courses and its program to increase college acceptance percentages is so flawed that the parents are rarely told about what they need to do to help their child succeed in life. Most of my graduating class ('09) are either into drugs or working minimum wage jobs. Don't try to transfer here if you came from a school with weighted grades, caused my GPA to drop from 3.8 to 3.2. This school has a history of producing students that get trapped in north bend.

North Bend Senior High School 0

Posted January 01, 2010
I feel that the school is fantastic! The staff is reachable via email, the school has a dialing system that calls me when one of my kids misses a period, they have a flash alert system that texts my mobile in the event of an emergency or closure. They need to work on getting newsletters to the parents, I haven't seen a single one yet, or better yet keep them updated on the website. If y'all can't figure that out, my other son will be attending next year and he is an internet genius. Unfortunately, the North Bend Middle School hasn't figured that out yet :0(

North Bend Senior High School 2

Posted January 28, 2009
I'm a sophommore here at NBHS and just thought I'd write a review. Currently, I am sitting in my English class, procrastinating, and trying to find information on the school's budget for my paper. I'm an A average student with a current GPA of 4.0. I like things like drawing, reading, writing, working on and with computers and just generally hanging out with friends. I personally think that too much of the budget is going towards sports. Or maybe that's just because i'm not in any. However, the teachers are amazing. The adminstration is a little better than average. Although I don't think pulling kids out of class just to give them candy and tell them they are doing a good job is a good idea. I just personally think that a little more of the budget should go where ALL students will eventually use it, in the classrooms.

North Bend Senior High School 4

Posted June 07, 2008
I attend this school, and i thought i would write a review since the other's are from at least 3 years ago. I just got done with my freshman year at this school yesterday, and as any other freshman, i was completely nervous with what high school was going to be like. But luckily, north bend high school is a great school, and i finally realized i had nothing to worry about at all. The teachers, and staff are really great. They really care for us to get a good education and they want us to be successful in life, so i think they try their hardest. Even with all the budget cuts, we have pretty good classes, and everything. I would reccomend this school for people new in the area.

North Bend Senior High School 2

Posted November 10, 2007

Posted March 28, 2005
I am a current student at this high school, and I really love it here. I have been to several different elementary and middle schools but I am so glad I found this school district. Our new principal is so awesome, he is really an excellent administrator. Even though we have had some budget cuts, I feel that the faculty and staff do the best they can to make all of the extra-curricular activities avaliable to us. Our students have a great sense of school pride! I would reccomend this school to any parent who wants their child to attend a safe, supportive, and reliable High School.

North Bend Senior High School 3

Posted October 29, 2004
My son was a student at North Bend and I was very unhappy with the level of communication the school kept with me. I was impressed by the dedication of the teachers at the facility, but the administrative staff was difficult to reach and overburdened to the point they weren't able to be responsive to students' and parents' needs. I had moved to this area to enable my son to attend a less crowded school in a smaller community and was very disappointed at the results. Unfortunately, the funding issues at the school over the past few years have resulted in school closure days throughout the academic years, and shortages in staff that reduced available curriculum and limited students' class choices dramatically. While I don't hold the school district responsible, I think it is definitely a point of consideration for any parent who is considering sending a child to this school.

Posted June 06, 2004
As a former high school student 1990-1994, I have to rate this high school the very best. The main reason I changed schools was because North Bend High School was awared the Presidental Award for Excellence. The teachers are amazing and the activities are outstanding. If I had a child this is the school I would want them to attend.

North Bend Senior High School
2323 Pacific Ave, North Bend, OR  97459
Last modified North Bend Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Bend Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top