Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel that if a teacher takes the time to make a student respect them and a bond is reached the student will then talk about them to their parents at home. My son spoke highly of many of his teachers there. Esp his Choir teacher, his Culinary teacher and a few others.

Amount of homework: no rating

It's hard to say my son handled all of that aspect of his schooling. I know that he spend a fair amount of time doing homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school staff from the Principal, Office staff, teachers to the counselors really have shown us that they are all about fairness and Integrity. My son within weeks of attending had built a relationship with these folks that made him strive to meet all expectations that they had for him as a responsible well mannered student.

We purchased a home on Tenmile Lake as a 2nd residence & 1 of our children decided to transfer his senior year from North Clackamas High to North Bend High. We were really nervous about switching after so many years in a top rated school district like Happy Valley Or area. We were pleasantly surprised. The curriculum was exceptional lots of opportunity for advanced classes and college credits. The staff was so much better than the previous school all the way around. Our son said that the kids were super friendly and welcomed him immediately he didn't see the cliques like in his previous school it was a huge culture shock in a good way. My only complaint would be his bus driver. He was mean and nasty and purposely would bypass him at his stop and caused us all a lot of grief. Overall we love the school and will be transferring our daughter there this year to begin her high school career.

This school has some good things about it, but the principle is a bully my son graduated there and he bullied him so bad that he is out two years and still has anger because of the bullying.

The new policy in the school this year is great. A failing grade in the standerized class (which are most) is a D. Also, if you have missing work or need to make up a test because of failing grade you have to be in 8th period on friday. Which means classes are shortened on Fridays for this. Giving many more students insentive to pass classes and keep up in school. Kids also just needing help in classes can go. The adminstration is great, and strict on skipping class. The Naggers we have for Juniors and Seniors is great, and help a lot getting scholarships in order. One thing that I could say bad in the school is the counclers, I have never had a problem getting the schedule I want or the help I need. But, many others have. The Link Crew they have is a great way for Freshman to learn the ropes and stay caught up in class with the help of Upper-Classman. The food in the school is also ok, but the cooks (some not all) can be rude as can be. But, most leave or walk to the mall for lunch.

This school is horrible. Because of the tight-knit community, many students are favored or given privileges because of a parental connection to the teacher. Millions are donated to the football program while budgets cause teachers to be fired. As a student that had spent 3 years of HS in AZ, I was thoroughly disappointed with nbhs. The HS requirements are filled with unnecessary courses and its program to increase college acceptance percentages is so flawed that the parents are rarely told about what they need to do to help their child succeed in life. Most of my graduating class ('09) are either into drugs or working minimum wage jobs. Don't try to transfer here if you came from a school with weighted grades, caused my GPA to drop from 3.8 to 3.2. This school has a history of producing students that get trapped in north bend.

I feel that the school is fantastic! The staff is reachable via email, the school has a dialing system that calls me when one of my kids misses a period, they have a flash alert system that texts my mobile in the event of an emergency or closure. They need to work on getting newsletters to the parents, I haven't seen a single one yet, or better yet keep them updated on the website. If y'all can't figure that out, my other son will be attending next year and he is an internet genius. Unfortunately, the North Bend Middle School hasn't figured that out yet :0(

I'm a sophommore here at NBHS and just thought I'd write a review. Currently, I am sitting in my English class, procrastinating, and trying to find information on the school's budget for my paper. I'm an A average student with a current GPA of 4.0. I like things like drawing, reading, writing, working on and with computers and just generally hanging out with friends. I personally think that too much of the budget is going towards sports. Or maybe that's just because i'm not in any. However, the teachers are amazing. The adminstration is a little better than average. Although I don't think pulling kids out of class just to give them candy and tell them they are doing a good job is a good idea. I just personally think that a little more of the budget should go where ALL students will eventually use it, in the classrooms.

I attend this school, and i thought i would write a review since the other's are from at least 3 years ago. I just got done with my freshman year at this school yesterday, and as any other freshman, i was completely nervous with what high school was going to be like. But luckily, north bend high school is a great school, and i finally realized i had nothing to worry about at all. The teachers, and staff are really great. They really care for us to get a good education and they want us to be successful in life, so i think they try their hardest. Even with all the budget cuts, we have pretty good classes, and everything. I would reccomend this school for people new in the area.

Last modified North Bend Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.