Holy Redeemer Catholic School 3

Posted September 02, 2013
We used this school for my son when he was in preschool. This was his 2nd year of preschool. My son has since been diagnosed with borderline ADHD, and he was in a class that was 75% boys. In addition to the lopsided gender demographics, the full time teacher took her deserved maternity leave one month after school started. A teacher who was still completing her student teaching was left with little to no coaching on how to appropriately handle this class with such high energy. The school has great academics, fantastic programs, and terrifically organized after care. But, it wasn't for us, and our boy.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 4

Posted April 08, 2010
teaches respect and importance of giving. Teacher student ratio is OK, would be better if they offered advanced classes.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
sending your first child off to school is both exciting and terrifying. seeing the smile on my daughter's face as she played with her classmates and teacher in this loving, supportive, nurturing environment will go down as one of the best moments in my life.

Posted April 15, 2009
I am the parent of a mixed-race family, and knew we wanted a Catholic education for our children. Holy Redeemer above and beyond all the wonderful high academics was the only school we visited that has a distinctive ethnic mix. We are thrilled to be in such a diverse school (they have a 64% minority rate), and our children are happy and thriving. Our first grader is above and beyond reading and math levels. The teachers, staff and students are all so welcoming, we fell like we've been a part of the school for more than 20 years, and are only 2 years in. I highly recommend Holy Redeemer to anyone shopping for a school.

Posted November 08, 2005
Our son is currently in full day kindergarten. My husband and I feel confident about the teacher and the academics being taught. We feel that this school has proven to provide adequate discipline & structure for our son. It's a great feeling to know that our son will receive a good education here, and that he is in a safe environment.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 3

Posted July 05, 2005
- a former student

Posted May 15, 2005
My son is in an early elementary grade at HRCS. I am thrilled with the faculty and their engagement with our kids, including support for kids working above grade level and kids who are working to catch up. In 2005, a 'green building' holding new classrooms, science lab, and a new library will open. The music program includes private lessons available during the school day, and is absolutely unparalleled in any school in the area, public or private. Regular PE and music is so rare these days, but our school has them. Spanish is coming in 2006-2007. The sports program (CYO and PYSA) is supportive and encouraging to all of the kids who participate. Parents must volunteer 30 hours each year (or pay a small fee). We are not members of the parish, but don't feel like outsiders. Wonderful school! Thanks Fr. Joe & Mrs. Rainieri!

Posted September 24, 2004
- a former student
It eases my mind knowing that my children are in such a nuturing environment. The quality of education that they are recieveing is first rate. The staff and community are very supportive as well and my children are always excited about school. I myself am an ulumni and I look forward to all three of my children being alumni also. I also need to give special recognition to Father Joe Capora. He is a wonderful person and a great leader. I have always felt that he has his finger on the pulse of our church, and is truely there for all parishioners. The care and concern that he has shown my family will never be forgotten. I love Holy Redeemer and I'm sure that you will too.

Posted August 26, 2003
My oldest attended HR from K-8th graduating last year. There has been some turmoil with change in staff but the 90+ yr old school will weather the storm. It has been an excellent experience and I have two others at the school. My children have never complained about going to school in fact my oldest went early every day so he could greet fellow students. HR has a warm and inviting atmosphere where children are safe and able to attend to their academics.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School
127 North Rosa Parks Way, Portland, OR  97217
Last modified Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Redeemer Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top