Portland, OR
Students enrolled: 2,549

Posted October 18, 2014
It has options, good teachers, good curriculum, no bullying and a very nice overall environment. I came in as a freshman this year not knowing anybody coming from a small choice school in a different district.

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a fantastic school. The teachers, and students are great and I believe is the best highschool in Oregon. It has the highest number of AP graduates and great career tracks.

Posted September 05, 2011
This is the best school ever. It's clean, friendly, open, and has amazing teachers. I have a mouthful of positive things to say about this school, but to keep it short, I've never been to a better high school. What I like best is Westview's school spirit and athletics, but Westview also gave me some of the best teachers I've ever had in my school life.

Westview High School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
I'm sorry to say that I do have the same good experience as many of the reviewers here, and it's probably because I have one very different factor from the average student. I suffer from aspergers syndrome; when I lost a close family member, I started having depression and trouble in school. So, what did my school do? They sent me to a well-hidden school for students with mental instability. Now, there's nothing wrong with transferring a student to a place more compatible with their special needs, but Beaverton School District's special education program receives minimal funding and patronizes its students. Students with special needs are given no chance to excel, even though they may be just as intelligent as the next student underneath their problems. Beware BSD's mental health stigma!

Posted July 20, 2008
great school with a beautiful campus. the kids here are great and always very friendly and they push themselves to reach there goals.

Posted May 27, 2007
this year has been a tough year for me. my grades have been falling down. all of my teachers have noticed and tried to talk with me. i appreciate the staff here and they all care.

Westview High School 4

Posted December 09, 2006
I went to this school and am now in high school, now I think I wish Westview had better teachers than sprots palyers.

Posted November 14, 2006
This school is overall 'above average'.

Posted July 11, 2006
I personally think westview is a great school. The staff is amazing and they really care for you if you aren't yourself. If you haven't realized it yet, most of the teachers have hundreds of students so it is kind of impossible for them to get back to you immediately by email. Just email them! Its not that hard! I have had a great first year at this school and I could tell I was in a great environment. All the staff cared for me and they were encouraging me to take more challenging course work. It may be easy to fall into the cracks of this school but it is definitely not that hard to get out if you try to get the help you need. The new principle this year was great and tried to meet each of the students. Overall, Westview is THE BEST school here in Oregon.

Westview High School 3

Posted May 29, 2006
As one parent stated before the teachers are very overloaded and do not e-mail or contact you immediately. My son's couselor has not been effective at communicating, which surprises me. My son went from almost a 4 point to no grade at all over the course of the year. Classes are not challenging and they do not see a need to change his courses. Too many kids, not enough teachers and not enough concern for the kids.

Westview High School
4200 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR  97229
Last modified Westview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top