Portland, OR
Students enrolled: 2,549

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 02, 2015
There is some amount of cheating that goes on (mostly by boys) and little is done to prevent it.

Westview High School 3

Posted June 02, 2015
Westview offers many AP classes and many clubs. Only a handful of teachers are top-notch, and most of the teachers are mediocre and quite a few really terrible ones. It's a very big high school, and neither the teachers nor the counselors have time to know or help the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 31, 2015
A handful of great teachers, 10% good teachers, 25% are average and rest are bad. There are quite a few bad teachers who teach AP classes. It's terrible. If you go to the principal he has no clue about the bad teachers. They are losing some great teachers in science and math. The principal is new and doesn't seem to know what's going on wrt to teaching.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2015
Some teachers (only a few) are well organized, but most of the teachers don't do a good job balancing homework throughout the semester

Posted October 18, 2014
It has options, good teachers, good curriculum, no bullying and a very nice overall environment. I came in as a freshman this year not knowing anybody coming from a small choice school in a different district.

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a fantastic school. The teachers, and students are great and I believe is the best highschool in Oregon. It has the highest number of AP graduates and great career tracks.

Posted September 05, 2011
This is the best school ever. It's clean, friendly, open, and has amazing teachers. I have a mouthful of positive things to say about this school, but to keep it short, I've never been to a better high school. What I like best is Westview's school spirit and athletics, but Westview also gave me some of the best teachers I've ever had in my school life.

Westview High School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
I'm sorry to say that I do have the same good experience as many of the reviewers here, and it's probably because I have one very different factor from the average student. I suffer from aspergers syndrome; when I lost a close family member, I started having depression and trouble in school. So, what did my school do? They sent me to a well-hidden school for students with mental instability. Now, there's nothing wrong with transferring a student to a place more compatible with their special needs, but Beaverton School District's special education program receives minimal funding and patronizes its students. Students with special needs are given no chance to excel, even though they may be just as intelligent as the next student underneath their problems. Beware BSD's mental health stigma!

Posted July 20, 2008
great school with a beautiful campus. the kids here are great and always very friendly and they push themselves to reach there goals.

Posted May 27, 2007
this year has been a tough year for me. my grades have been falling down. all of my teachers have noticed and tried to talk with me. i appreciate the staff here and they all care.

4200 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR  97229
Last modified Westview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top