Bridlemile Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2013
Bridlemile is a fine fit for some students, but the rigidity can be stifling. In addition, students can be overly class conscious and too often cliques form based on parental alliances, excluding some children.

Posted March 17, 2012
I love this school, I'm a 5th grader at Bridlemile, and I LOVE IT. The academic part is great. The teachers are nice and funny. They can all have a fun part and a serious personality. The academic prestige is well, prestige. But though some students may be a little mean or annoying, but that's in all schools.

Posted December 17, 2009
Bridlemile is an awesome school. Nice and safe environment, great academic standings, nice teachers and staff. I know that my son's potential is being challenged, enhanced and maximized by the school.

Bridlemile Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Bridlemile is an awesome school, because they have awesome teachers. My son started attending Bridlemile as a 4th grader. He previously attended a Spanish immersion school and was really behind in math and reading. He had the best teacher and still says that Mr. Augustine is the best teacher ever! Mr. Augustine stayed after school on Mondays and Fridays to tutor my son in math and reading. We did not ask him to do this, he offered. Now, after the tutoring, our son passed his reading and math state assessments. This year he moved on to 5th grade. We could not be more grateful to him for that.

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008
We have had a very good experience at Bridlemile. All three of our children have done well here and gotten what they needed academically and socially each year. The parent community here is fabulous and works hard to support the staff.

Bridlemile Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2008

Bridlemile Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2008
Bridlemile speaks well of itself, but we have experienced disregard for our concerns and quite inappropriate behavior on the part of our child's teacher. My chld's teacher has been unavailable to meet and discuss concerns in person, and relies almost exclusively on email. The classroom environment is rigid, and does not meet the needs of our child (who has previously excelled both in behavior and academics). Parent involement is up to the teacher - my child's teacher does not welcome parents to participate in the classroom. With 27 students in herclass, it seems skilled parents could be well utilized to facilitate. Although the school states that each child is taught at his/her level, we have not experienced differentiated instruction in action. It has not been a fruitful year for our student, and has been terribly frustrating a a parent.

Posted October 10, 2007
I have a fifth grader and a Kindergartner at Bridlemile. I have experienced only positive feedback about this school. I am very happy with the quality of education my daughter has received over the past 5 years. The staff is outstanding! I am also thrilled with the support from the parents throughout the year. It is amazing how well tuned every aspect of the year is carried out. Every parent is involved tirelessly to provide an outstanding and fun year for every child. No one is excluded. It also amazes me how every year is looked upon as another year to improve. The Exceptional rating this school receives is well deserved. I especially enjoy the music program that is offered and all the extracurricular activities and classes. Sending your child to Bridlemile would mean that you are looking for one of the best schools Portland has to offer.

Posted October 07, 2007
- a administrator
Bridlemile is a high achieving school based on the strong partnership between the parents, staff and administration. The school strives to ensure that every child is challenged at his/her individual rate and level. Focus on differentiating instruction ensures that every child is successful. Collaborative k-5 teams align their instruction to ensure seamless instruction. Parents are encouraged to be present at the school and contribute in any way possible. There is a very strong PTA and school Foundation that work hard to support the school with added positions and additional supports to enhance the educational program. All students are successful at Bridlemile. Respect and patience is expected from every students and staff member at all times. Enrichment opportunities are abundant. This is one of Portland's hidden gems with an increasing enrollment thanks to its continuing success.

Bridlemile Elementary School
4300 SW 47th Dr, Portland, OR  97221
Last modified Bridlemile Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bridlemile Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top