Bad
Good

Bridlemile is a very involved and caring neighborhood community that actively supports the teachers, staff, and students at this elementary school.

I attended Bridlemile when it opened in 1959. My granddaughter graduated from Bridlemile in 2013 and my grandson is in second grade there. They are two very different types of students and I have found the teachers and administrators to be kind, caring and ready to help. I think the curriculum is as challenging as the student/parent are willing to work for it. It is a very famly oriented place! An involved grandmother

I attended this school for all of elementary school. While the academic teachers are wonderful, the P.E. teacher was very sexist and unkind. The vast majority of the students formed cliques and the academic work was much too easy. For the academically gifted students it was discouraged to go above and beyond. The previous principal was horrific. That being said the teachers and some of the students are great. I would not recommend this for TAG students.

Bridlemile is a fine fit for some students, but the rigidity can be stifling. In addition, students can be overly class conscious and too often cliques form based on parental alliances, excluding some children.

I love this school, I'm a 5th grader at Bridlemile, and I LOVE IT. The academic part is great. The teachers are nice and funny. They can all have a fun part and a serious personality. The academic prestige is well, prestige. But though some students may be a little mean or annoying, but that's in all schools.

Bridlemile is an awesome school. Nice and safe environment, great academic standings, nice teachers and staff. I know that my son's potential is being challenged, enhanced and maximized by the school.

Bridlemile is an awesome school, because they have awesome teachers. My son started attending Bridlemile as a 4th grader. He previously attended a Spanish immersion school and was really behind in math and reading. He had the best teacher and still says that Mr. Augustine is the best teacher ever! Mr. Augustine stayed after school on Mondays and Fridays to tutor my son in math and reading. We did not ask him to do this, he offered. Now, after the tutoring, our son passed his reading and math state assessments. This year he moved on to 5th grade. We could not be more grateful to him for that.

We have had a very good experience at Bridlemile. All three of our children have done well here and gotten what they needed academically and socially each year. The parent community here is fabulous and works hard to support the staff.

Bridlemile speaks well of itself, but we have experienced disregard for our concerns and quite inappropriate behavior on the part of our child's teacher. My chld's teacher has been unavailable to meet and discuss concerns in person, and relies almost exclusively on email. The classroom environment is rigid, and does not meet the needs of our child (who has previously excelled both in behavior and academics). Parent involement is up to the teacher - my child's teacher does not welcome parents to participate in the classroom. With 27 students in herclass, it seems skilled parents could be well utilized to facilitate. Although the school states that each child is taught at his/her level, we have not experienced differentiated instruction in action. It has not been a fruitful year for our student, and has been terribly frustrating a a parent.

I have a fifth grader and a Kindergartner at Bridlemile. I have experienced only positive feedback about this school. I am very happy with the quality of education my daughter has received over the past 5 years. The staff is outstanding! I am also thrilled with the support from the parents throughout the year. It is amazing how well tuned every aspect of the year is carried out. Every parent is involved tirelessly to provide an outstanding and fun year for every child. No one is excluded. It also amazes me how every year is looked upon as another year to improve. The Exceptional rating this school receives is well deserved. I especially enjoy the music program that is offered and all the extracurricular activities and classes. Sending your child to Bridlemile would mean that you are looking for one of the best schools Portland has to offer.

Last modified Bridlemile Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.