Bad
Good

Not sure how this school has received the reviews it has. My initial impression of the school was that if your child is picked as a teacher's favorite they can do great, otherwise forget about it. After three years I am disappointed to report that my first impression was correct. If your child needs any extra help forget about it, if you think that communication between a parent and teacher is important forget about it. My e-mails and phone calls to teachers generally go ignored or I receive a response weeks or months after I send them. The principal Mrs. Morton is very nice, but she is definitely part of the establishment and you can not count on her. I have noticed that we aren't the only ones who have had this experience at McKinley many of my child's friends from similar socioeconomic backgrounds have moved away after similar experiences with the school. Basically if you are not from the local community, do not make 100k a year and don't consider yourself to be just a bit better than everyone else, Mckinley is probably not the school for your child.

I am lucky enough to live in the McKinley area, and I think this is a great school. The principal and staff are involved and invested in every student. They pride themselves on their 100% parent teacher conferences participation. My mother in law was a teacher in the district for many years and she shared with me that McKinley is a very stable school, with good leadership. From their Farm to School program to their Artist in Residence, this school is all A's

There is a great amount of parent involvement which helps give extra attention to each student.

My son has attended McKinley for four years. The teachers and staff are incredible. The staff from the principal right down to the dedicated crossing guards are involved and know all the students individually. You do not have to worry about your child being lost in the crowd. The teaching staff work together and do a great job of individualizing instruction. The fund raisers and school activities are the best. I love not having to sell wrapping paper and popcorn three or four times a year. There is great deal of community and parent participation and I would not move my son for anything.

My son has been at McKinley for 3 years and we have been very happy with his progress. In our experience, the teachers, principal, and staff are nurturing and supportive. Broad family and community involvement with this school is one of the things that makes it so special. Successful fundraisers allow children in all classes to go on interesting field trips throughout the year.My son really enjoys going to this school, and couldn't wait to return after summer break.

Last modified Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.