Posted September 06, 2013
It looks like the review I complained about has been removed. Thankyou, web admin. Great Schools forum should not be allowed to become a forum for ignorant agenda-driven trolls.

Posted January 16, 2012
Nellie Muir is a great school. All three of my kids are in the dual immersion program and I am really happy with it. Nellie Muir is also an IB school. The teachers and principal are easy to work with.

Nellie Muir Elementary School 5

Posted April 15, 2008

Nellie Muir Elementary School 5

Posted March 06, 2008
I think Nellie is a very good school. My child is in Kindergarten and in the dual language program. She has a teacher who is a mom away from mom. I can reach her anytime of the day or night that I need to. She calls and checks on my child when she misses school. The principle is awesome! She always responds to my emails ASAP! We solve problems together and I am very happy with this school. My daughter loves the school and never has a bad thing to say. She is learning Spanish for the first time in her life and seems to be doing well. She is right at the level she should be at.

Nellie Muir Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2007
My daughter attended Nellie from K through 3rd grade. K through 1st would have been ok, but the higher you go in this school the less of an education you receive. The students are not challenged. The teachers need to spend most of their time getting 80% of the students up to par for state tests, thus leaving those that are ok in study's to wait and be bored. We now have our daughter in a decent school - and she is struggling to keep up with her work load.

Posted March 15, 2007
I have a boy in kindergarten, and love the teacher, because of the great and positive environment he loves going to school. He is in the dual program, learning how to read and write in spanish. It's amazing what he has accomplish so far. I only wish there were more opportunities for sports, and other activities, and communication with parents. Perhaps the lack of communication is what leads to very little parent involvement. The staff is wonderful, it's like a big family. overall I am pleased with the school, now. if we could only do something about the building!

Posted June 05, 2006
Nellie Muir has exceeded my expectations. My kindergartener is speaking conversational Spanish only 9 months later and she is reading comprehensively at Level 4. I am glad I took a leap of faith and enrolled her at Nellie Muir. She is thriving.

Nellie Muir Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2004
I have [two students] and they have regressed from last year where they attended colton schools. I am not happy with the teaching quality, and making work hard enough to challenge my [student] . Very slow school and I feel they are 1-2 grade level's behind most school's.

Nellie Muir Elementary School
1800 West Hayes St, Woodburn, OR  97071
Last modified Nellie Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nellie Muir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top