Allentown, PA

Posted September 23, 2013
This is a terrific elementary school. We have been delighted with the teachers and other staff, and with the school-wide attitude -- which comes from the top -- of striving for excellence in all aspects of the educational program.

Posted July 28, 2013
My daughter has gone to this school for 4 years now and it is fantastic. I am an educator (university professor) and have very high standards for education and Parkway Manor meets or exceeds my expectations on all counts. The teachers are dedicated and skilled and the principal runs an excellent organization. They dedicate considerable resources regardless of a student's ability (low, high, or anywhere in between). I have a colleague who sent his kids to the well-known private school in the area, and after we compared experiences he had wished his kids were at this school (he regrettably lived in East Penn). Prior to moving to the area, I met with principals and administrators at 5 different schools in Parkland and East Penn. I preferred Parkland to East Penn hands down, and this is the elementary school I liked the best in Parkland. Other points: great gifted program and math program, takes bullying seriously, a lot of fun activities (my daughter added this). There was a house in E. Penn that we liked a lot but passed on it to be at Parkway Manor instead. Excellent choice - kids education is just too important. My other K-5 preferences are Kernsville & Fogelsville.

Posted November 11, 2009

Posted February 19, 2009

Posted April 14, 2008
We over the moon about Parkway Manor. We switched my daughter from Catholic School to Parkway Manor after kindergarten and have never regretted making that decision. Here first and second grade teachers were incredible!!!

Parkway Manor School 3

Posted March 17, 2008
We moved so that our child could go to this school. We had heard many great things about it and also did a ton of research. But what we hadn't heard or read about is the fact that some teachers' attitudes are based on old-school child development philosophies and pedagogies and insensitivity to cultural differences and the relationships between ESL and perceptions of intelligence. We had one horrific experience with one teacher. On the other hand, there are some absolutely exceptional and enlightened teachers in this school.

Parkway Manor School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
I have 2 kids in this school - very happy so far!

Parkway Manor School
768 Parkway Rd, Allentown, PA  18104
Last modified Parkway Manor School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkway Manor School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top