Salisbury Senior High School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
Salisbury is small, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. But I think it works to an advantage. Teachers are wonderful, I feel that's the best thing about this school. I feel like the grading system is a bit harder than other schools. I know a low of students hate this school, but it's really the students who make it so bad.

Posted May 12, 2012
I am a senior at salisbury this year, and there is a lot to say about this school, it's administration, it's students and their teachers. Pro's -The 2011-12 school year provided each student with their each individual laptop to use for "school work". Most-all students used their laptop for almost anything else except school work, but they did help with certain situations. Small classes = most students getting help if they need it. Lots of security (40 cameras to monitor 8 hallways). Very little violence. Theft is uncommon. Renovations complete, along with new science wing. Smart boards are used more than chalkboards. I feel prepared for college. There were a lot of electives (art, music, gym, other) classes besides core classes. Cons - Only spanish/german offered. The administration doesn't realize laptops are detrimental to learning, and fire 3 of the very few (in my opinion) teachers that actually connect with the students, put real initiative into their lessons, & try to make education interesting. Among student, frankly it's pitiful. It seems to me that nobody gets a long, or cares about one another. Most students agree that they can't stand each other....

Salisbury Senior High School 2

Posted September 14, 2009

Salisbury Senior High School 5

Posted January 28, 2009
I graduated in 08 and as an alumni, I can say that my experience was awesome. 2 reviews before this says, 'the grade system is based more on homework than tests so students can slip by with a C regardless of getting zero's on all of their tests/quizzes'. I don't know why that's a negative since the PSSA scores are almost always above average anyway. Also, there are mean, nice, easy, tough, stupid and smart teachers and peers as there are in any other school. Not everyone gets along with everyone. When it comes down to it, Salisbury is definitely above average, I was fully prepared for college, I got help when I needed it. I didn't do well at first and for anyone who says the school has academic issues, it is completely the students fault. There is no reason for failure.

Salisbury Senior High School 0

Posted December 23, 2008
As a current student at Salisbury, I have to disagree with many of these negative comments. Although there are a few classes that do seem to be a waste of time, most of them are electives of some sort. The main subjects here (math, science, history, english) are, in my opinion, very good classes and the honors/AP courses are even better. The only real complaint I'd have is that they often take students who are average, but lazy and put them in classes that don't require them to challenge themselves just to get them by.

Salisbury Senior High School 1

Posted October 05, 2006
- a former student
My parents have had four kids graduate from Salisbury, and they have come to the conclusion that if Salisbury were in its current state when I started there, I would have gone to private school or a neighboring district. Salisbury just isn't what it used to be. The teachers are not challenging, the grade system is based more on homework than tests so students can slip by with a C regardless of getting zero's on all of their tests/quizzes, and the administration spent two hours defining 'flip-flop' so they could ban them from the school. What a joke. Their tech department is in complete disarray. If you need anything done, you have to go to a knowledgeable student instead of the tech department. Principal leadership is too good. Toltalitarian comes to mind. There are teachers that are worthwhile, but they are few and far between

Salisbury Senior High School 5

Posted August 21, 2006
SHS has excellent academic and extracurriculars for a school of this size. SHS has as high or higher PSSA scores than the 'preferred' districts in the area. Its smaller size insures that the average kids do not fall through the cracks and are afforded opportunities that most students in the larger districts can't get.

Posted June 06, 2005
Good academics, could do more with extra curriculars. Good guidance program. Small student body, isolated population. Not an easy school for new kids to be accepted. Need diversity training.

Posted July 07, 2004
- a former student
I went to Salisbury for one semester. The teachers are amazing and I enjoyed learning for the first time in years. On the other hand, the students are close-minded and cruel; any differences were picked apart and used as ammo. Yes; kids are mean but Salisbury students lack tolerance of diversity- which I did not find in other schools. Ironically enough, Salisbury offers a Tolerance and Diversity Class (at least they did in 2001) which is as terrific as it's teacher.

Salisbury Senior High School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
- a former student
I learned a lot at Salisbury and I believe it was highly underrated, true not everyone succeeds or has a great experiance but that is certinley not because the resources were not available to them.

Salisbury Senior High School
500 East Montgomery St, Allentown, PA  18103
Last modified Salisbury Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salisbury Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top