Biglerville, PA

Biglerville High School 3

Posted April 21, 2013
This schools teachers are good/bad. Some are nice and teach us what we need to learn. others favorite students over other students and don't even teach you they just tell you to go on study wiz and do the work they posted!

Posted November 06, 2012
I went BHS and it was the worst years of my life. Most of the teachers were there just for a pay check and could have cared less if the students were learning. I asked some of the teachers for help and they told me to ask my parents for help. There were few class options and even fewer extracurricular activities. Students were not encouraged to excel. I asked the GC what colleges I could go to that offered classes in computers or even game development i was ask do i really think that im college material? That shows how much they care about their students. The b.o.t and the principal ( Rich Sterner) showed bias toward students. If he didnt like you he would do anything he could to make it hard for you.

Posted October 01, 2012
I can't believe anyone feels there are enough extracurriculars at this high school, or that I can create something new! Can I form a volleyball team or a swim team? No. Where are the student interest clubs? Budget and size aren't excuses for the lack of class diversity here, it's poor choices of how to spend the money. The new school is a huge waste of space, and already too small. The football team doesn't need to have 3 jerseys at the same time. Don't get me wrong, there are some good teachers and coaches here. But I believe that to actually get a quality education, I'll have to wait until college. And believe me, when I leave, I'm never going to look back.

Biglerville High School 4

Posted May 08, 2012
I can't believe anyone feels there are not enough extracurriculars in the high school! In addition to athletics, the music department is EXCELLENT and there are opportunities for students to join tech programs, chess club (founded by a student), drama, student gov't, etc. If something is missing, any student would be welcome to fill that void with his own ideas. Class selection is sometimes lacking, but with the small size of the school and the increased budget pressures, that's not going to get any better. Students will take from Biglerville what they put in to Biglerville.

Posted May 01, 2012
I graduated from BHS, and I find the community rating to be greatly elevated. Some teachers showed bias toward students, and the leadership was indifferent to student progress (other than progress pertaining to standardized tests). There were few class options and even fewer extracurricular activities. Students were not encouraged to excel (i.e. few student-run clubs/organizations and few opportunities to interact with the intellectual community at large). Ethnic diversity is not celebrated, and the 'native' population does little to interact with the growing Latin community. If I had had a choice, I would have never gone to this school, as there are far better in the area.

Posted July 15, 2010
I went to BHS and in my opinion the school is severely lacking in several departments. The opportunity for extracurricular activities is severely limited. Also, if you question the rules, teachers or administrators you get punished. The material is lacking as well. Less material is covered in this school than in other nearby schools. Also, the teachers are becoming more and more frustrated with the limitations of what they can teach since the pressure for the students to pass the PSSA has increased.

Posted February 19, 2010
This is an excellent school! For the most part the teachers respect their students and want to help them. The macbooks that we have received have been a great learning experience and will help with the world's growing technology.

Posted January 03, 2009
Great atmosphere for fun and learning.

Biglerville High School 0

Posted December 11, 2008
THis school is a great school. It's great at educating our children and making sure they are in a safe enviorment. Biglerville HIgh School is very much worth the highest rank.

Posted October 27, 2008

Biglerville High School
161 North Main St, Biglerville, PA  17307
Last modified Biglerville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Biglerville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top