Bad
Good

Posted April 13, 2014
The school is 'for' the students. Caring staff, and up to date teachers who care.

Dana El Center 5

Posted March 16, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten and her teacher is awesome she is doing well loves gym class art computer class recess music and riding the bus home love this school

Dana El Center 3

Posted April 17, 2011
Though both of my kids are doing well in school, I don't feel they are getting enough homework. My kids are done in about 20 minutes. My 5th grader should be getting some book reports and learning to take notes for next year.. They both like the teachers and seem very motivated .I hope it pays off and she is prepared for the middle school.. We shall see, and I will let you know!

Dana El Center 3

Posted April 26, 2009
I have mixed feeling about this school. Some teachers are great and will go the extra mile while other are obviously just there for a pay check. The princalpal does the best he can with what he has available in my opinion, however it is way overcrowded and the school board wont spend the nessisarry money needed for expansion.

Dana El Center

Posted September 29, 2007
This school is what an elementary school should be. The teachers have a common goal and they are a close knit group which gives students a sense of belonging. I have witnessed for myself how this faculity works together for the good of the sturdents and the district. I was also impressed by the clean appearance of the building.

Dana El Center 5

Posted November 16, 2006
I recently attended the Open House at Dana St. Elementary school and found it to be enjoying and informative. It was very heart-warming to see so many children with their parents and grandparents sharing in their progress.

Dana El Center 2

Posted April 25, 2006
When my children started school here I thought it was going to be a fulfilling experience. Four years later, my children are enrolled elsewhere. Not only is the principal incompetent, but the the school's PTO is a disgrace. It's difficult to have a parent-teacher relationship when the parents hate the teachers and treat them like the 'enemy'. The PTO members do not care about the children or what their mission as a parent group should be. The principal allows this type of atmosphere to exist. She plays both sides of the street and will not make a decision. She is also the principal of two other schools. These schools need leadership not incompetence. Dana is not a school where a student can thrive.

Posted April 20, 2006
It's been a great experience so far (we are only in kindergarten). They move at a good pace, although my son is a little bored, I know they have to think of everyone in the class. We have been blessed with a good teacher who clearly knows what she is doing. My son has music, art, gym, and computer class once a week. I do wish those could be integrated more often (twice a week--for music, art, and gym would be better). Parents are pretty involved, although it does seem to be somewhat cliquish.

Posted November 14, 2005

Dana El Center 2

Posted July 12, 2004
All of my children have gone through Dana and unfortunately I feel that the the morale is at an all time low. There are some great teachers there but there are some who really shouldn't be there anymore if they really don't want to be. The workload during class seems heavy but my children have not had one book report for two years - and they want to increase the PSAT reading scores? Parental involvement has become minimal and the PTO has lost sight of their role -partly because there is no longer any teacher involvement. The school lacks consistent leadership and has very few teachers willing to get involved after school hours. There are no more spelling bees and school field trips seem like an inconvenience to the teachers. Some things need to be done to get the morale at Dana like it used to be. It's affecting the students.

Dana El Center
50 Dana St, Forty Fort, PA  18704
Last modified Dana El Center is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.