Bad
Good

Greensburg Salem Senior High School---My son's teachers have "bent over backwards" always to help him. The block scheduling allows more time for learning-- with only four classes a day. The principals and guidance counselors always take time to listen and are good people. I thank everyone there for Tommy's good years!

The education your child will receive at this school is okay at best. If your child is a high achiever, he will not be challenged. More concerning, is the rising drug problems. Better than Jeannette, if that says anything. My advice - find a good private school.

This school is absolutely terrible. The teachers are rather ill equipped with less than satisfactory ability to relay what they have learned to my children. If possible, stay away from this school district

I like another parent who posted contacted the principal, vice principal and guidance counselor to no avail when my child was being bullied. Their 'anti-bullying' philosophy is nothing more than words on paper. They do NOT enforce it which is sad. However the teachers that my child has are all very good so the school has it's pros and cons.

I went there, my sister went there and I was proud to say my son went there. He went to Metzgar Elementary and I was totally pleased, as I knew I would be. He, however, got to the middle school and everything changed. He began to come home either mean or depressed. I found out that he was being bullied terribly. Initially, I got outside counseling for my son to help him deal with this, plus informed the guidance counselor what was happening. Nothing changed. Our outside counselor asked that the school counselor contact her. She never did. Upset, we contacted the vice-principal. Still nothing. We finally told the guidance counselor and vice-principal we were going to pull him from their school. Still nothing. We called for the principal. She said she knew nothing about it and since he was changing wasn't doing anything and hung up on us.

Greensburg Salem Middle School is a wonderful school. The teachers are well trained and teach the curriculum well. The Gifted Program is very appropriate. I am happy to have my children in the Greensburg Salem School District.

Last modified Greensburg-Salem Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.