No rating

Grey Nun Academy

Private | PK-8 | 198 students

Living in Morrisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $305,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,170.

Posted May 7, 2014

Having been a part of the Grey Nun Community for ten years we couldn't be happier. Our child was not only very well prepared for high school but graduated from GNA with a great amount of poise and confidence. In addition to superior academics and small class sizes, students are taught strong values and respect for one another. Both the faculty and administration truly care about each and every child.

Posted May 1, 2014

My three children attended Grey Nun Acdemy within the last thirteen years. The faculty are skilled and wonderful. However, I repeatedly witnessed instances of bullying in the last five years. The recurring response of the principal was to request that the alleged victim and the alleged bully work things out. Ultimately, faced wth such, the alleged victim leaves the school.

Posted March 13, 2014

I understand every family's experience with the school is different and I empathize with those families who may have faced difficulty. However, I am a strong advocate of GNA, particularly if you do have a child that is shy. Our daughter would be considered "shy", a label I hesitate to throw onto my child. I attribute GNA's beautiful, caring, and nurturing environment for the sole reason that my daughter's self-esteem has risen. The smaller class sizes, the tight friendships, and welcoming faculty and staff is the perfect environment for those kids who need the extra boost to feel special and important. I would highly recommend GNA to all families whether you have a child that is "shy" or not.

Posted March 11, 2014

I would not recommend for a shy child. Talk a great game to help but no help. Every year 6-7 kids leave because promises to the parents are not kept.

Posted March 3, 2014

As a parent of a GNA student (for 7 years), I am quite surprised by the bullying comment below. I can t imagine a school where bullying is less likely to be encountered; have never seen any evidence of it at all (and my child is the quiet type, the type who might be picked on if that sort of thing was present). The faculty dotes on every child. Never had anything to complain about in all these years; very satisfied all around. I am suspicious of buzzwords like bullying . 10 years ago the concept of bullying was unknown to the media & pop-culture; now a bully hiding behind every tree & around every corner. There are times and places where an aggressive child needs correcting, but caution should be used when tossing that word around with no corroborating details. The word bullying has become an all-condemning sledgehammer. Children, like adults, have ups & downs, good days & bad, close friends at school and classmates that rub them the wrong way. This is not usually the result of true bullying . I don t think it is prudent to tarnish the reputation of a 50 year old institution like GNA, a winner of numerous academic accolades, by calling it a haven for bullies .

Posted February 13, 2014

Our son loves Grey Nun Academy. The school provides a warm and caring environment. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to the students and to the school. The academic program is top notch, and our son is much more advanced academically than his friends who attend other nearby private and public schools. The students are well mannered, and show respect for their teachers and fellow peers. The graduates all attend excellent high schools, including prestigious prep schools. We have never once regretted sending our son to this school, and we continue to highly recommend it to our friends.

Posted February 13, 2014

Since entering Grey Nun several years ago, our daughter feels a sense of accomplishment. She loves going to school and has made many best friends, all of whom are intelligent and hard-working. The parents are very involved with their children's education, and we have become very good friends with many of them also. The school and staff are very welcoming and accommodating. Grey Nun, we feel, is on par with many of the more expensive schools in nearby Princeton. We are grateful to GNA.

Posted February 11, 2014

As the School Counselor at Grey Nun Academy, it is quite upsetting to read the prior post. Creating a warm, friendly and caring community is very important to all of us at GNA. To the person who posted - Please contact me, so that we can work together to help your child. Mary Ellen Cook LPC
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 3, 2014

School is a haven for bullies, principal does NOTHING to help the victims (ANYONE) out. The victim is always sent to the office with the bully to explain the situation. Rough environment to learn in if you have a soft personality. Not a good school to choose if you don't want to be in a parent click. Academically stronger than public schools, socially very difficult.

Posted May 2, 2013

I attended GNA many, many years ago but I cannot speak highly enough of it. Having gone into education as my career, my teachers at Grey Nun truly went above and beyond. It is a warm and caring environment -- the type of school I hope my own kids will be able to go to some day. I don't know how much has changed, but I hope not that much because it was such a great experience and a close-knit community. Only downside is there was a total lack of diversity.

Posted June 13, 2012

We are all anxiously awaiting news of re-registration statistics for the 2012-2013 academic year! Nothing has been said to the parents so far or posted here! The Administration should post! Go GNA!!!

Posted June 3, 2012

My oldest has been there for 4 years. His experience has been tremendous in all aspects. The academics are unquestionably the best in the area. The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to working with the child based upon their own needs. Socially my child has blossomed each year becoming more confident within himself to try new things and stand up for what is right. Spiritually both my children are learning to be selfless with true life values demonstrated, which mimics our family philosphy at home. It is a school worth the investment of your child's future.

Posted April 24, 2012

Growing, nurturing, and achieving are words that describe the atmosphere at Grey Nun Academy. Our school is child-centered and family oriented. We are a community that is committed to educating the whole child. Teachers and staff go the extra mile to help each child reach his/her full potential. The longevity of our staff speaks of our dedication to the GNA students and families!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 23, 2012

My son who is going to be 43 went to the Grey Nun Academy. It was and I am sure still is an outstanding and loving school. When we found out it was only a mile from our home, we knew our son had to go there. The marks on my son's soul and intelligence are indelible. We did not have much at the time and any extra money we had went to Nat's tuition, and happily so. God Bless you all.

Posted April 19, 2012

Having recently toured GNA, I knew after two visits that it was the school for my family! We have looked at several different schools in the area and we have been so impressed by the teachers, staff, and parents at GNA. I posted a few days ago and accidently put three stars without even realizing what I had done. I just wanted to correct this and give GNA the 5 stars that it deserves. My children will be there next year and we are so excited!

Posted April 18, 2012

As a Board of Trustee member and alumni parent I am amazed at the dedication the families, faculty and administration have towards the school. Always working as a team, they make Grey Nun Academy a very special, welcoming place. Many faculty and admin support have an impressive 15-20+ years of service to GNA reinforcing its exceptional educational values. For years GNA was known as the best kept secret in Bucks County, proud to be the only private, catholic school in the county. GNA is graduating the 41st class this year and the graduates have been admitted to their first choice high school. A 50th year celebration is being planned for 2013. The recent sale event has changed the dynamic only slightly, GNA remains the same welcoming and bonded education community that all parents, including alumni parents can appreciate.

Posted April 18, 2012

Years ago, when our oldest child approached school age, we set out on a quest to find the "perfect school." To us, the ideal school had a rigorous academic curriculum, a committed faculty/staff and an appreciation for and expression of Christian values. We found all of these in Grey Nun Academy. What we did not expect to find was the overwhelming sense of community that pervades all facets of the school and into which, from day one, we were welcomed and encouraged to play a major part. The teachers have consistently been dedicated to the individual needs of each child, and our kids have flourished. Our two alumni children, now in high school, continue to build on the solid educational and moral foundation they formed at Grey Nun Academy.

Posted April 17, 2012

I could not be prouder to say that I send my children to Grey Nun Academy! I have consistently felt such a strong sense of community and educational values ever since I walked through the doors of the school four years ago. I am confident every day that my children are getting a solid educational and moral foundation that will follow them throughout their lifetime. Interestingly, I have felt even stronger about our school since the recent sale of the property in January. After the initial shock from the announcement, I have never seen so many parents AND faculty pull together for a common goal. We are all working together for the sake of our children. It is an amazing thing to witness and I am so proud to be a part of it!

Posted April 16, 2012

I am simply shocked to read the most recent post. Though it is true that GNA was surprised and initially shocked by the announcement of the nuns, the school community has come together in an unbelievable way. Our recent spring event was held and there was a incredible turnout of over 200 parents and staff. One of best events ever! Not one staff member is leaving the school so I am very unclear as to how someone might suggest that the staff is distant. I find the complete opposite to be true. I am a parent of several children at GNA and I am involved in many facets of the schools. It is an incredible school, with excellent teachers and a very challenging curriculum. I love GNA!!

Posted March 22, 2012

As I visited the school I had a weird distant feeling from the staff. I'm not sure what really goes on at the school. I'm not sure about the staff and the principal. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling the second visit. I did at my first visit. I could see after reading some of the reviews how they would sweep bulling under the carpet. I just did not get a good feeling about them the trust was not there.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (2009)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia