Nanticoke, PA

Gna El Center 5

Posted July 16, 2010
My experience at GNA elementary school is far different than the views expressed by the other parents. First, Mariellen Scott has been one of the best principals I have dealt with. She keeps parents informed, and makes fair, unbiased decisions regarding the children. She has gone above and beyond to help my child and keep me informed. I have a lot of respect for her. Furthermore, all the teachers I have experienced from Kennedy through the Elementary Center, have been enthusiastic and caring individuals, who put a lot of hard work into making the daily lessons interesting and useful. My child's reading has greatly improved thanks to such dedicated work of the teachers at this school. Also, the test scores are not below basic. The are making progress in school improvement which means that they are doing exactly what they are supposed to reach the goals of the standardized tests.

Gna El Center 0

Posted May 13, 2010
This has to be one of the worst schools I have evr encountered. The teachers do not care about what is right. The testing scores are below basic. The school is not safe. We were new t the area and my husband went in to pick up our child and never asked for ID. They let all kinds of people in during school hours. After 3 weeks I had had enough. I pulled her out and enrolled her elsewhere. If I allowed my children to attend that school they would be under educated. I give this school no stars. I hve been in the area for a few months and I am already planning to move again. Someone needs to step in and make a big change. I wouldn't send my dog to this school.

Posted April 27, 2010
I agree, too. This school is the bottom of the barrel. Most teachers are board member's children or friends. This only promotes mediocrity. The principal is a disgrace! She is not willing to help or compromise in any situation. She does not listen, you are correct. I'm afraid it needs more than a new leader. I don't see things changing unless the state comes in. We are moving.

Posted February 12, 2010

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted May 17, 2009
I agree that this school is the bottom of the barrel. I have 2 children that attend this school. THe class sizes are too large. The playground is too crowded, and recess is chaotic.The principal does form an opinion and does not 'listen' to any other ideas that could possibly work or help. This school needs a new leader to take it in a different direction.

Posted April 10, 2008
This school is bottom of the barrel. The Principal of the Elementary Center is a disgrace. She makes her opinion and that's that. The Elementary Center would be a lot better off if the school had a responsible leader.

Gna El Center 5

Posted February 27, 2006
The GNA Elementary Center is fantastic. I am a student in 5th grade.The art,music and sports are terrific.You can enroll your child in the GNA chorus.They may join basketball,Jr.Football,and many other sports,including a Jr. Cheerleading squad in the spring through mid-fall.The current principal is Dr.Marrillen Scott.They have many fun activites for students.Feild trips are in May.The fifth grade trip is in June.PSSA testing is very important to the teachers,students,and entire district.The level of parent involvment is very high.They have a strong PTA.The school is kept very safe .

Gna El Center
601 Kosciuszko St, Nanticoke, PA  18634
Last modified Gna El Center is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gna El Center Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top