Nether Providence Township, PA

St John Chrysostom School 3

Posted February 11, 2011
We moved to the area with the intent of sending our two young children to Preschool and then see how we felt about the school even though the majority of kids in the neighborhood attend the school district schools.My older son had gone all through Catholic school and we had a great experience. My son's first year in preschool was fine the teacher seemed attentive, playful and dedicated. His second year was a disaster. The teacher was uncaring, disorganized and even suugested that my child had delays or issues.She did nothing to try and help him succeed so we took him out of St. Johns and placed him in another local preschool where he excelled and has continued to excell in the public school in our area. All in all, I think that St. Johns has a very very dedicated staff and principal and parental involvment seems wonderful. Unfortanatly one bad teacher ruined the whole relationship for us.

St John Chrysostom School 5

Posted November 08, 2010
So far we are very happy with our son's experience in kindergarten at this school; we love full day because our son has the whole day to form friendships with his classmates. He loves the specials including art and computers. We love the CARES program after school, it's affordable, the children are very well-behaved and they have access to the gym to burn off that energy. We feel this environment is much more nurturing and less stressful than the half day program available in our district. We've heard the children start kidwriting a little later than the public school but by the end of the year they are just as far along. Also the class size is significantly smaller which is another big plus for our child who is a bit shy.

St John Chrysostom School 5

Posted October 09, 2010
St John's is an excellent, loving, safe environment for your children. The curriculum is outstanding. The children are taught Spanish in preschool and French in Kindergarten. I would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a strong academic environment with smaller class sizes.

St John Chrysostom School

Posted August 12, 2009
I previously attended this school, and my 4 sisters are and will attend SJC because it is a great school. This school prides itself in teaching not only math, english, and other basic subjects, but morale and respect for others, some subjects that other schools in the district obviously do not. Also, their MATH program is not the 'newest' program available, which is the current state of the other schools, it is the normal, learnable way to practice math. And I can honestly say that if I had learned the Strath Haven way of doing math, I wouldn't be as successful in my studies as I am now and will hopefully be in college, especially since all colleges are not teaching and never will teach it the Strath Haven way. SJC prepared me not only for academic challenges, but life challenges as well, and I thank them for that.

St John Chrysostom School
607 South Providence Road, Nether Providence Township, PA  19086
Last modified St John Chrysostom School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Chrysostom School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top